windows mobile bluetooth pan/sync in ubuntu problem

Search This thread

dylan07

Aug 23, 2009
Sacramento
I am having problems with a few things.
I am new to linux... but to be specific I am using ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) I want to be able to sync data to my phone and vice versa... like send files to and from my phone... i cant seem to do that! also the main problem i have... is i want to tether Internet from my pc to my phone via bluetooth. i have a verizon XV6900 (it does not have wifi) I have done some googling... and that is just making me frustrated as I copy and paste terminal commands, and get errors... or after it does crap... it ended up not making any difference. in windows 7 i used windows mobile device center and bluesoleil 2.6. I am a complete noob when it comes to ubuntu, so please be verry specific and kind. in windows it did take me a while... but i did figure it out! for windows, i finally got it to work through usb... then i messed around more, and got it to work with bluetooth.

just to make it clear. (from reading other forums) i did plenty of googling, and could not find anything that worked.... also, i hope this thread is fine in this section.

dylan07

Aug 23, 2009
Sacramento
I want everybody to know, it was not me that has this thread in the apps and games section. I put it in General, and an admin moved it.