[q] sm-n900 - mt6582

Search This thread

VonStarkeGSD

Jul 8, 2011
Manchester
I have root access on the device, i have cwm installed which is version: rual autocwm v5.5.0.4.

The problem I have If I try to install any Rom it either freezes or half way through installlation returns me to cwm. I have tried to upgrade cwm to the newer versions ie touch etc and it completes the install and updates but once phone has rebooted is returns me back to the old cwm v5.5. If I do a battery pull the phone boots back up as normal and runs 4.3 and shows I have root.

Some of you might think well I have root access I should be happy however I don't just want to run apps, I wish to play with mods and custom roms so I will like some help if possible.

20140703_111851.jpg

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
I have root access on the device, i have cwm installed which is version: rual autocwm v5.5.0.4.

The problem I have If I try to install any Rom it either freezes or half way through installlation returns me to cwm. I have tried to upgrade cwm to the newer versions ie touch etc and it completes the install and updates but once phone has rebooted is returns me back to the old cwm v5.5. If I do a battery pull the phone boots back up as normal and runs 4.3 and shows I have root.

Some of you might think well I have root access I should be happy however I don't just want to run apps, I wish to play with mods and custom roms so I will like some help if possible.

What do you mean 'mt6582' in the title? Is it MediaTek chipset? If the answer is yes, so you may own a fake device.

You can use Phone INFO ★Samsung★ app to check if it is a original one. Go to the Menu --> 'Refurbishment Check'.

VonStarkeGSD

Jul 8, 2011
Manchester
What do you mean 'mt6582' in the title? Is it MediaTek chipset? If the answer is yes, so you may own a fake device.

You can use Phone INFO ★Samsung★ app to check if it is a original one. Go to the Menu --> 'Refurbishment Check'.

Yes it is a MediaTek chipset! I am aware its a like for like clone. My understanding is the clones with MediaTek Chip can still support custom roms?