LG G Pro 2 announcement and name get confirmed

Search This thread

NaveenKumarXDA

Apr 21, 2013
Delhi,India
Hey members,

Good News for those waiting to get Update. G Pro just got first Update with KitKat as GPro2. Problem is We have to buy this update for around 600$ again.
:highfive: for one who will buy this update from LG.

Anyway News here:
LG spilled the beans on the announcement and the name of the successor of the LG Optimus G Pro. The upcoming phablet will go official in February (MWC in Barcelona is likely) as the LG G Pro 2.
Unsurprisingly, LG removed the ‘Optimus’ moniker from the name of the yet to be seen handset. Like the latest batch of high-end smartphones from the Korean manufacturer, the device will launch as simply a member of the 'G' lineup.

In case revealing only the name of an upcoming device appears to be an odd move by LG, we must point that this isn’t the first time the company pulls such a trick. Last year, the manufactuer revealed the name of its current flagship, the LG G2 in a similar fashion.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g_pro_2_announcement_and_name_get_confirmed-news-7666.php

New Images of leaked pics:

Attachments

• LG-G-Pro-2-leak.jpg
    LG-G-Pro-2-leak.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 251
  • LG-G-Pro-2-leak1.jpg
    LG-G-Pro-2-leak1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

likemiketoo

Dec 2, 2013
Great news, however LG has a history of not supporting their phones for very long, however if it has Dev support and is what the G2 was to the S4 then I might have to get it regardless

bor3d2damax

Mar 4, 2011
New York
Damn you beat me to it @NaveenKumarXDA I just read about this over at Engadget. Seems like they "promise" to release it next month but what I want to know is how the future of that phone will look on Us carriers hopefully it isn't single carrier variant.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jrtancinco

Dec 17, 2013
I saw from a news feed somewhere that this is a 5.9" screened device. Too big for my taste. 5.5" is my limit, and our LG OGP fits the bill.

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
any news about UK release ?

been trawling the net, but cant seem to find out any information when the LG G2 PRO will be released in the UK .. i know i can buy the Korean version of the phone on e bay .. but not sure if that will work in UK . just cant wait to get my hands on this beast :good:

ahmadcentral

Oct 28, 2011
London
been trawling the net, but cant seem to find out any information when the LG G2 PRO will be released in the UK .. i know i can buy the Korean version of the phone on e bay .. but not sure if that will work in UK . just cant wait to get my hands on this beast :good:

I have the Korean version in the UK and it works fine.
You can delete all the Korean apps that come pre installed so that's good.

There are a few tweaks I made myself to make the phone better such as removing the Korean roaming clock from the lockscreen etc... just to make the phone a bit more English friendly. You do need root for that which is easy enough to do.

The phone will work on EE and Three's 4G networks only. It won't work on O2 or Vodafone 4G but will work on every network 3G and 2G fine.

Reactions: stupc

stupc

Nov 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4

There are a few tweaks I made myself to make the phone better such as removing the Korean roaming clock from the lockscreen etc... just to make the phone a bit more English friendly. You do need root for that which is easy enough to do.

The phone will work on EE and Three's 4G networks only. It won't work on O2 or Vodafone 4G but will work on every network 3G and 2G fine.

What's the number of your Korean version? Is it a D838 (the "International" version, I was told) or something else?
Am a bit concerned as have ordered a D838 and I'm on O2...

And does your G Pro 2 have the TV aerial built in??? I've seen some models which do...

-StuPC

Last edited:

ahmadcentral

Oct 28, 2011
London
What's the number of your Korean version? Is it a D838 (the "International" version, I was told) or something else?

And does your G Pro 2 have the TV aerial built in??? I've seen some models which do...

-StuPC

The Korean Version has the model number F350.
The Asian version (Hong Kong) has the model number D838 and was released after the Korean version.

Unfortunately the D838 only supports 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz and not the 800Mhz that O2 use for 4G. So the phone will work fine on 3G and 2G but it will not work on 4G at all.

You'll probably want to wait for the European model to launch if you want to use O2. Otherwise only EE and Three will work with both the D838 and F350 on 4G in the UK.

And yes, the Korean version (F350) is the one with the aerial. The Asian version does not have an aerial and is the same look as the European/American variants will be.

Reactions: stupc

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
The Asian version (Hong Kong) has the model number D838 and was released after the Korean version.

Unfortunately the D838 only supports 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz and not the 800Mhz that O2 use for 4G. So the phone will work fine on 3G and 2G but it will not work on 4G at all.

You'll probably want to wait for the European model to launch if you want to use O2. Otherwise only EE and Three will work with both the D838 and F350 on 4G in the UK.

And yes, the Korean version (F350) is the one with the aerial. The Asian version does not have an aerial and is the same look as the European/American variants will be.

I got it today and all I can say is that this is too amazing. perfect grip, perfect apps. just my type of device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have great devs! someone will figure out how to port this over to our phone after they look over all the specs and such

-StuPC