Any body buy the LG optimus elite?

Search This thread

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
Hello all, anybody here own a LG optimus elite yet? I'm looking to buy one but would like to no a persons opinion from here. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC_A510c using xda premium

Reactions: photog

photog

Jan 10, 2009
Hello,

I am one of many who has a grandfathered Virgin Mobile $25 plan that though we had no hope other than the hopeless Triumph.

Due to a wrinkle in their roll out, the Elite became available, and through tomorrow or the next day, can be added on a grandfathered $25 plan.

Having said that, I bought one to replace my Optimus V and would dearly love at least Root for it.

MetroPCS has released the Optimus M+ which is basically the same phone so there are two economy but pretty nice phones that could use some love from the wonderful hacker community.

Thanks for asking!

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

BTW, the phone is $129 at Best Buy, $149 MSRP and Walmart.

The GPS is better than the OV one which was very good. The phone is a little taller, but 1/3 thinner vs. the chunky OV.

The phone has WAY more RAM for the user so the slightly faster processor seems way faster than it really is. I had the IFO ROM for mine, and even with some tweaks, the Elite is way better stock than the OV was tweaked.

What you lose is the WiFi hotspot feature which came with my OV. The applications want to go to internal memory (another 4GB) vs. the SD, but at least you don't lose your programs if you swap the SIM.

Having the NFC/Wallet feature is a cool bonus.

So far the bigger screen, although only .3, it seems like much more.

Battery life has been stupendous for me...way kewl!

photog

Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for all that great info! How is the screen quality? Is it clear vs. The optimus v?

They didn't increase the resolution so it is the same pixels stretched over a bigger space but looks fine. I don't use my phone for media, but no complaints here.

:eek:One more day to get an Elite on your grandfathered $25 plan!!

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
Ok how about the quality, is the durablility of the phone good? Hopefully a lot of people here will buy this phone so we can at least get some dev support, have you rooted your phone yet?

Last edited:

photog

Jan 10, 2009
Ok how about the quality, is the durablility of the phone good? Hopefully a lot of people here will buy this phone so we can at least get some dev support, have you rooted your phone yet?

Durability is measured over time and there has been no time with the phone yet. Looks like any other phone to me. I haven't found a method yet to root it, have you?

photog

Jan 10, 2009
Sorry I meant the build quality, and I do not have the phone, I was looking to see who has it and how they like it

Hiya... I think the build quality from all the major companies is good. It is usually the lower quality companies building cheaper phones, like the complaints about light leaks and other issues with the Triumph (made by Huawei?).

I don't know of anyone who has had a phone fall apart in their pocket. What matters more to me is the capabilities, like the strength of the GPS/cell radios, etc. which all seem fine.

photog

Jan 10, 2009
Triumph is made by motorola, I heard about that as well, hey thanks for input :)

It is marketed by Motorola, not made by Motorola, nor is the iPhone made by Apple. They are both made by FoxConn, but in the case of the Triumph, via HuaWei or whatever it is called. See the forum topic on this site about it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1205658

Just like at one time there were only 5 brands of gas in the US, regardless of where you bought it or what the sign said.

What it really comes down to is these companies go to places like FoxConn and tell them they want a million of something and get a quote. Then they start dickering on substituting cheaper parts, or adding goodies on to bring the price up or down. HuaWei can put in an order with FoxConn and by having a company like Motorola order piggyback on their order, they could bring down the cost for both companies branded phone.

Reactions: Android311

photog

Jan 10, 2009
LG Optimus Elite is really 1GHZ, not 800mhz

Had a surprise when checking the system settings on the phone. Went into Quadrant and lo and behold, the phone has been overclocked to 1ghz. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else yet??

That can explain how it is snappier than what you would expect for an increase from 600 of the OV to 800 of the Elite, when in reality it is really 1ghz.:)

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
Try CPU benchmark, there's no way the phone would come overclocked, that's why I think maybe the benchmarks think it is overclocked when its not

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I am one of many who has a grandfathered Virgin Mobile $25 plan that though we had no hope other than the hopeless Triumph.

Due to a wrinkle in their roll out, the Elite became available, and through tomorrow or the next day, can be added on a grandfathered $25 plan.

Having said that, I bought one to replace my Optimus V and would dearly love at least Root for it.

MetroPCS has released the Optimus M+ which is basically the same phone so there are two economy but pretty nice phones that could use some love from the wonderful hacker community.

Thanks for asking!

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

BTW, the phone is $129 at Best Buy, $149 MSRP and Walmart.

The GPS is better than the OV one which was very good. The phone is a little taller, but 1/3 thinner vs. the chunky OV.

The phone has WAY more RAM for the user so the slightly faster processor seems way faster than it really is. I had the IFO ROM for mine, and even with some tweaks, the Elite is way better stock than the OV was tweaked.

What you lose is the WiFi hotspot feature which came with my OV. The applications want to go to internal memory (another 4GB) vs. the SD, but at least you don't lose your programs if you swap the SIM.

Having the NFC/Wallet feature is a cool bonus.

So far the bigger screen, although only .3, it seems like much more.

Battery life has been stupendous for me...way kewl!
    Hello all, anybody here own a LG optimus elite yet? I'm looking to buy one but would like to no a persons opinion from here. Thanks!

Triumph is made by motorola, I heard about that as well, hey thanks for input :)

It is marketed by Motorola, not made by Motorola, nor is the iPhone made by Apple. They are both made by FoxConn, but in the case of the Triumph, via HuaWei or whatever it is called. See the forum topic on this site about it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1205658

Just like at one time there were only 5 brands of gas in the US, regardless of where you bought it or what the sign said.

What it really comes down to is these companies go to places like FoxConn and tell them they want a million of something and get a quote. Then they start dickering on substituting cheaper parts, or adding goodies on to bring the price up or down. HuaWei can put in an order with FoxConn and by having a company like Motorola order piggyback on their order, they could bring down the cost for both companies branded phone.
    Use antutu benchmark, quadrant seems to be giving you false info

Sent from my NookColor using XDA

Well....it just gives me the information differently, same net result:

"CPU frequency:

245.76 ~ 1024.0 MHz"

That is still 1GHz to me????

Do you have a third way to check now that Quadrant and Antutu both report 1 GHz?
    New LG Optimus Elite

My new Elite arrived today and I have to admit I am quite impressed! I have been working on rooting it all afternoon with no success, but will share should I succeed.