{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

Search This thread

RedXXII

Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
Lol sorry I do apologize. I have the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch SPHD710 is the model number.
This is what I see. Just a regular sliding lock screen. Was just looking for something I could customize myself.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335150571148.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335150571148.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 71

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
The file I was looking for I found in my SystemUI.
I'm wondering if the Japanese KDDI au version of sense has been heavily modified from the Sprint version. A lot of the values in the script appear to be different. Some are on different lines and v-number for the gps icon were different. For instance the stock status bar doesn't have a permanent gps reticle.

What are you wanting to do, I'm pretty familiar with sprint sense.

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
Lol sorry I do apologize. I have the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch SPHD710 is the model number.
This is what I see. Just a regular sliding lock screen. Was just looking for something I could customize myself.

That's not much of a lock screen, meaning there's nothing there to mod. I would try widget locker, it has unlimited options, different lock styles, widgets on lockscreen, music controls etc. It is a paid app but well worth the couple bucks. You can customize it any way you want, there are many themes here on XDA for it as well.

Reactions: fernando sor

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
What are you wanting to do, I'm pretty familiar with sprint sense.

I was applying transparency to the status bar and pull down notification. That went ok, but resulted in the gps reticle being a permanent icon. So I tried following SteelH's advice of going into the services.jar to edit the smali script of htcCdmaStatusBar, but it wasn't where he suggested.
I poked around the other apk and found said smali in the SystemUI.apk. However rather than two instances of the script which he said to edit I found three.
Perhaps it isn't the right smali, but would there be more than one version of it?

RedXXII

Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
I've used widget locker in the past but always go back to the stock lock screen for some reason. I have a different screen shot. But I guess I'll give widget locker another try. Sorry for the confusion. Long day at work.

il Duce

Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
I was applying transparency to the status bar and pull down notification. That went ok, but resulted in the gps reticle being a permanent icon. So I tried following SteelH's advice of going into the services.jar to edit the smali script of htcCdmaStatusBar, but it wasn't where he suggested.
I poked around the other apk and found said smali in the SystemUI.apk. However rather than two instances of the script which he said to edit I found three.
Perhaps it isn't the right smali, but would there be more than one version of it?

Often the lines are off a little in smali. What device? I'm sure it's in services.jar. You could link his tutorial and your decompiled smali folder from the jar and I could try to find it.

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
I'm using the HTC Evo 4G.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=780614

There's a 7zip attached of my decompiled services.jar. Above is the link I've been using. I'll say that there doesn't seem to be a status folder/sub directory.

I've included a decompiled SystemUI.apk as well as this is where I found the smali for HtcCdmaStatusBar (smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy)

Thanks for any help you can give me:)

Attachments

• services.jar.out.7z
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • SystemUI.7z
    735.9 KB · Views: 8

il Duce

Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
I'm using the HTC Evo 4G.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=780614

There's a 7zip attached of my decompiled services.jar. Above is the link I've been using. I'll say that there doesn't seem to be a status folder/sub directory.

I've included a decompiled SystemUI.apk as well as this is where I found the smali for HtcCdmaStatusBar (smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy)

Thanks for any help you can give me:)

so my guess is you're not on stock sense. maybe 2.1/3.0? anywho, yes the smali IS in systemUI, where you found it. Not entirely sure if you modded it but I'm guessing you did.

I looked at steel's guide for sense 3 here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1200161

and in your smali here:

.method private updateMtGpsIcon()V
.locals 7

.prologue
const/4 v4, 0x3

const/4 v2, 0x0

did you change that ? did the 0x0 used to say 0x1? if you modded it did it already work?

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
so my guess is you're not on stock sense. maybe 2.1/3.0? anywho, yes the smali IS in systemUI, where you found it. Not entirely sure if you modded it but I'm guessing you did.

I looked at steel's guide for sense 3 here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1200161

and in your smali here:

.method private updateMtGpsIcon()V
.locals 7

.prologue
const/4 v4, 0x3

const/4 v2, 0x0

did you change that ? did the 0x0 used to say 0x1? if you modded it did it already work?

This is stock sense for the Japanese Evo. 2.1 yeah. I've only de-sensed it.
And I haven't modded any of those values for the gps icon. That's what is there.

Okay. I hadn't seen that thread. I will have a look again.

Last edited:

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Oh then try changing the 3 to a 0 and push. Good luck :)

I'm putting these into a ROM I'm modding on my computer. Once I've recompiled should I take the files out of the new apk and copy them into the old one or replace completely? I mean I have the res folder, the Manifest.xml, resources.arsc, and classes.dex. Do I copy all of them over to the original apk?

EDIT: I finally got my status bar transparent without the GPS reticle. Thanks for the help il Duce

Last edited:

KemikalElite

Jan 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey everyone,

I saw this thread and thought it might be a good resource to start sharing some of my guides and tutorials with the xda community. Ever since I started Modding my first android phone I've wanted to give back to the community to make it a better place. I've posted a few ROMs but really I'm such a faildev.

I've written several guides on my own Ultimate Phone Guide site. I created the site because I didn't want flood forums with too many of my own guides. But I have written an extremely complete guide to CyanogenMod and I plan on writing guides for other ROMs like AOKP and MIUI. My guides are generally aimed at novice flashers that have decent experience with Android and want to get the most out of their device by exploring custom ROMs.

If anyone wants to check the site out the link is in my signature. Front page needs some editing but the actual guides are well formatted. I just don't know if my guides are worthy of dedicated threads on XDA. I write them when I'm bored with my devices and I just thought I'd post this to share the site. The site is open information completely nonprofit and it is a wiki so anyone can add posts to it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jeffsanace

Ajthescot

May 20, 2010
An animated dropdown tutorial would be nice .hint hint fernando .seen a guide before but the links for the required files are multiupload fails .
Would like to take a peak at those files lol.

No trees were harmed in the making of this msg .
an astonishing number of electrons ,however,were terribly inconvenienced

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
I've used widget locker in the past but always go back to the stock lock screen for some reason. I have a different screen shot. But I guess I'll give widget locker another try. Sorry for the confusion. Long day at work.

I like Widget Locker also because you can make your own lock themes.

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
An animated dropdown tutorial would be nice .hint hint fernando .seen a guide before but the links for the required files are multiupload fails .
Would like to take a peak at those files lol.

No trees were harmed in the making of this msg .
an astonishing number of electrons ,however,were terribly inconvenienced

I'll ask him or Gruesome Wolf if one of them would write one. GW did the original I believe, he's also done an animated app drawer. They are pretty sick mods.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
Hey everyone,

I saw this thread and thought it might be a good resource to start sharing some of my guides and tutorials with the xda community. Ever since I started Modding my first android phone I've wanted to give back to the community to make it a better place. I've posted a few ROMs but really I'm such a faildev.

I've written several guides on my own Ultimate Phone Guide site. I created the site because I didn't want flood forums with too many of my own guides. But I have written an extremely complete guide to CyanogenMod and I plan on writing guides for other ROMs like AOKP and MIUI. My guides are generally aimed at novice flashers that have decent experience with Android and want to get the most out of their device by exploring custom ROMs.

If anyone wants to check the site out the link is in my signature. Front page needs some editing but the actual guides are well formatted. I just don't know if my guides are worthy of dedicated threads on XDA. I write them when I'm bored with my devices and I just thought I'd post this to share the site. The site is open information completely nonprofit and it is a wiki so anyone can add posts to it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You may want to add the link as it can't be viewed from the app

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Top Liked Posts