somnth bro i uninstalled all the junks apps of
micromax like mlive,hook up etc....bt i dont
hav any back up of my firmware....will
flashng with pac file can bring back all those
files and hav my phn unrooted as it was
before with all its app....???.
and also can any body provide tutriol to
flash cwm through research downloader??

Yes if you flash the pac file it will load back all your system apps including Mircomax trade mark apps.But I don't find a good reason to that though.Backing up those apps in TB is also not required.Those are mostly promotional even the games and can be safely deleted.

Regarding CWM,you need to follow the OP carefully,also note you should have micro sd card,and it should be in fat32 formatted.Better if you backup your data in sdcard,format it with fat32 and then place only the update.zip.It will be cleaner process.

Mar 30, 2013
Yes if you flash the pac file it will load back all your system apps including Mircomax trade mark apps.But I don't find a good reason to that though.Backing up those apps in TB is also not required.Those are mostly promotional even the games and can be safely deleted.

Regarding CWM,you need to follow the OP carefully,also note you should have micro sd card,and it should be in fat32 formatted.Better if you backup your data in sdcard,format it with fat32 and then place only the update.zip.It will be cleaner process.

bro those command promt will appers automatically or we hav to write those command inorder to install cwm...plz help me out bro i want to install cwm anyhow....

Saksham1502

Jul 29, 2013
OK now . I have done the first step n my phone is working with a new boot image . But then my internet is not working :crying: Wi-fi is working good but mobile data isn't working at all :crying:

Also I don't know anything about the command prompt so I am unable to do the 2nd step ...
Can anyone help me here please .

I tried to do the 3rd step but it shows signature error - verification failed ...
Help me please ...

Last edited:

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
Do i need to have an internet connection for the step where we dwnload smthn frm d research download ???

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I changed the usb cable , using the cable of samsung tab3 , but still , ... , no progress in download column ... :(

What are you actually doing with it.

Be Humble and Hit thanks if you find the post helpful or if I helped u.:)

A click for u but rep for me

Sent from my Rooted LT26i using xda premium

shankystyle

Jul 5, 2013
U can search the rom according to ur hardware configuration..any rom supporting that. would work on ur device but do try using the rom for locked bootloader.

Be Humble and Hit thanks if you find the post helpful or if I helped u.:)
A click for u but rep for me

Sent from my Rooted LT26i using xda premium

Sir. Do you know any custom rom working tested n supported. By a65... Because I am unable to find. Custom rom on bases of hardware configuration

J.E.abhishek kumar

Apr 3, 2013
Delhi
plzz...some one explain me in brief how to reflash stock rom and provide me with all important download files...i know u guyzzz are gre8 dev...so thxx..in advance
and also tell me how to open .pac file??if someone knows:good:

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
plzz...some one explain me in brief how to reflash stock rom and provide me with all important download files...i know u guyzzz are gre8 dev...so thxx..in advance
and also tell me how to open .pac file??if someone knows:good:

Search on the xda or google for ur device model stock rom.
Download it and flash it via recovery or pc..

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Saksham1502

Jul 29, 2013
Still Stuck ...

OK now . I have done the 1st step n my phone is working fine with a new boot image . But then my internet is not working :crying: Wi-fi is working good but mobile data isn't working at all :crying:

Also I don't know anything about the command prompt so I am unable to do the 2nd step ...

I tried to do the 3rd step but it shows signature error - verification failed ...
Help me please ...

Last edited:

Saksham1502

Jul 29, 2013
MICROMAX A65 ROOTED!!

Recent activities as on 07 Aug 2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Unlocked boot image and rooted it.
2.Install CWM.
3.Flashed firmware
4.sssomnath474 installed xloud,beats,bravia and confirmed it is working.
5.sssomnath474 also made few modification with UOT and came up with update.zip.
6.Right now we have unlocked V4 boot img which according to sssomnath474 has battery life updation.
7.I am studing as much time i can extract for an OC kernel and sssomnath474 is working on a rom.
8.As update by sssomnath474 this boot.img can have a better battery backup
http://www.mediafire.com/download/opweg2nwd0hk5dw/new_boot.img
let me know if you guys have access issues with any of the links or any of the link appears to be dead
9.Added a user guide how to flash the firmware.Hope it helps
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h2q51j8ovn1m1pc/Flash_firmware_config.pptx
10.you can use windows 7(you have to boot it in test mode and run the research downloader in administrator)
Thanks to sssomnath474 for the info
11.you can use unlock root as confirmed by sssomnath474
Thanks to sssomnath474 for this info
12.LIST OF STOCK IMAGES/PAC FILES FOR ALL MICROMAX MODELS
http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax
13.Heard from sssomnath474 that somebody has bumped imei while flashing.If any of you is stuck with the same issue i would suggest a complete firware flash following this tutorial,ONLY difference in this case will be DONT use my modified boot.img just flash the pac file as it is.
14.WoW! guys never thought this thread will get mushroomed like this....thanks to sssomnath474 ,shubhamym21 ,J.E.abhishek kumar and others for keeping things rolling
15.Some of you are facing weird problems with sims as my quick scan through the posts suggested,any updates on this guys?
I made changes to OP what sssomnath474 suggested, i am saying again all you need to do in the research downloader is select the pac file,uncheck calibration.
16.pradipkunwar51 has reported issue with docomo sim after flashing,i believe shubhamym21 already found a solution to it.Will Update the OP as soon as he comes back with comments
17.Critical Update:Tutorial & Tool if you messed up your EMI
Tutorial can be found here : China spd adnroid phone imei change just one click
& here is the download link : Android SPD IMEI Writing Tool_R1.5.3001 - Download - 4shared - maroof azam
Thanks to shubhamym21 for sharing the link and tutorial
18.Moved all updates under this activity section for better clarity
19.Adding Bravia engine zip
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44487763&postcount=138
Thanks to sssomnath474 for the link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally rooted my Micromax A65.Follow the guide carefully to avoid mistakes.I am not responsible for any physical/logical damage to you and your device :).

Thanks to authors and their posts
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2165554 ElectronikHeart(Guru of spreadtrum)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42693514#post42693514 Yekdall (confirming me unlocking the boot.img is key)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42776196#post42776196 Intex12345(calibartion tabs needs to be unckecked in RD)
http://whiteboard.ping.se/Android/Rooting (for unlocking the boot.img)

Foreground

A Chaina re-branned phone
A fastboot mode
A useless recovery mode
A locked boot.img (thats why even chmod or simply pushing a su will not root the phone)
A IMEI number(which if you mess up after flashing,you will not get any radio signals)

1)First Unlock the Boot IMG

Before you proceed I will strongly recommend to download the tutorial guide ppt that you will find in Recent Activity list at the top of this post

You need to tamper permission after extracting the boot.img for this.No worry guys i have already done that for you :).Just download the below file

Unsecured Boot Image

Now a bit critical part,read carefully .This unlocked image needed to be flashed to your device.For that you need research download and firmware pac file.
Download this to files from the below links

PAC versions & Tools Download
(pac file,driver,research download all included)

Download this drivers and install,after successfull installtion you will have(under device manager)

1.ABD interface
2.two COM ports
3.two emulators

If any of this having yellow sign it will not work.

Open research download

click on first button and load pac file
click on second button change baudrate to 115200,in calibration tab uncheck all.
For BOOT_IMG option browse and select the unlockedboot.img that you downloaded now.
plugin the usb cable(DON'T plugin the phone now)
click on play button
PRESS & HOLD VOLUME UP KEY and insert the usb cable,don't release the key.
Download should starts within 3 secs.If it doesn't then check the drivers carefully or reply to this thread with failures.
Once done unplug your phone and remove battery for 3 second
Reinsert battery and restart your phone.

YES!! you have successfully unlocked the boot.img

2)WiseMen Backup!!

First thing you should do before any tweaking and twisting save your back!!.Install CMW using the below method straight away and save your back.

1.Download .andriod.zip,extract it and save it under C:\Users\<computer name>\<paste it here>
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ga5tk2h89m41ddk/.android.zip

2.From your phone got to application-->developer option-->enable usb debugging
3.Now plugin your phone through micro usb cable.
4.Download this zip ,extract and place in under c:/<paste it here>
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2as5grqceqtqq3/Android_Multi_tool.zip

5.Open a command prompt type

Code:
      cd C:\Android Multi tool

C:\Android Multi tool>fastboot devices
            20080823        fastboot

Note:you will NOT be able to proceed further if this doesnt shows up.Double check the andriod.zip has adb_usb.ini file.

Now we will flash a custom recovery image in fastboot mode.

Code:
        C:\Android Multi tool>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

sending 'recovery' (10240 KB)...
		OKAY [ 10.487s]
		writing 'recovery'...
		OKAY [  3.425s]
		finished. total time: 13.918s

7.Reboot your phone.
8.Now got to CMW using Volume up + power button and do a backup.

3)Push superuser zip & ROOT!!!

This the easiest step among all of them.Download the below file,put it under sdcard and flash it through CMW.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t55b6ebzvx9yf1f/update.zip

THAT'S IT you are rooted!!!

REMEMBER,PROBABILITY OF BRICKING IS MINIMUM AS I HAVE ALREADY DONE ALL THE TEST FOR YOU GUYS :)!!!.STILL IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG DONT PANIC,JUST FLASH A FIRMWARE AS MENTIONED ABOVE(point 1) EVENIF YOUR PHONE IS
TOTALLY DEAD :D.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please hit thanks if i you find this useful

Cmd is showing waiting for device . What do i do ? Debugging is on , drivers are installed , typed the commands in cmd as u said but device is not showing up ...
Please help ....

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
OK now . I have done the 1st step n my phone is working fine with a new boot image . But then my internet is not working :crying: Wi-fi is working good but mobile data isn't working at all :crying:

Help me please ...

Can you recieve any calls or not... check ur imei by using the code *#06#......it should be there if its not then you have to write the imei for ur device........ just check it...

If its there then try selecting a network manually and see if the data connection's working or not....

UR 2nd step...
Download the cwm from the link....it's not much big... and superuser.zip..
Extract Only cwm.zip or if it has been already extracted , then Just put cwm .img on your desktop..

And superuser.zip in your sdcard..or phone..

Plug in your phone and turn usb debugging on..
Open cmd type the commands

it's mentioned in the last post too..

20080823 fastboot

This will boot ur device in fastboot mode..

Note:you will NOT be able to proceed further if this doesn't shows up.Double check the andriod.zip has adb_usb.ini file.

Now flash a custom recovery image in fastboot mode.

Code:
C:\Android Multi tool>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ( or you can use drag N drop for the recovery.img directly into the cmd...)

OKAY [ 10.487s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 3.425s]

after this dont reboot normally...You have to reboot into recovery.. press this power + vol up key..

It will boot you into recovery...from there select install update.zip and select superuser.zip..and flash it....
Now reboot and your device will now be rooted...

And post here and do thanks sayyanayas for his steps and commands......

and enjoy...
IMP>>> Make a backup Of your rom and full data Via cwm and keep a copy on ur pc too.<<<

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Cmd is showing waiting for device . What do i do ? Debugging is on , drivers are installed , typed the commands in cmd as u said but device is not showing up ...
Please help ....

check the adb drivers and adb files are there or not.....

Have u installed CWM.....

itsbubli

Aug 23, 2013
Can't Mount SD Card in ClockWorkMod Recovery

Everything went well.. but Can't Mount SD Card in ClockWorkMod Recovery... The Model of the phone is A65 Bolt . It is not A65 smarty, so initially when I had flashed v2 rom the phone went dead. After flashing V4 the phone is working. But CWM recovery says..E: can't mount /sd card:crying:

ADDICT.ANK

Jul 17, 2013
Privacy
Everything went well.. but Can't Mount SD Card in ClockWorkMod Recovery... The Model of the phone is A65 Bolt . It is not A65 smarty, so initially when I had flashed v2 rom the phone went dead. After flashing V4 the phone is working. But CWM recovery says..E: can't mount /sd card:crying:

Try the sdcard in card reader whether its working or not..
Is device recognizing the sdcard

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MICROMAX A65 ROOTED!!

[Sorry Guys!!!!]
    As my father always says creating something is much less difficult that maintaining it,well this happened once again for me!!!.
    I found maintaining this thread difficult I am officially announcing that you may stop expecting updates on this thread.Hats off to sssomnath474 to giving a new life to it!!!And it looks more informative as well!!
    To add salt to injury A65 which my wife was holding is having issues with front speaker.Even after its trip back from the service centre gurus,it again managed to holdon the issue.I have given up on the micromax guys as of now.

GUYS,PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW THREAD BY sssomnath474 HENCEFORTH
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2501464

Recent activities as on 07 Aug 2013
    1.Unlocked boot image and rooted it.
    2.Install CWM.
    3.Flashed firmware
    4.sssomnath474 installed xloud,beats,bravia and confirmed it is working.
    5.sssomnath474 also made few modification with UOT and came up with update.zip.
    6.Right now we have unlocked V4 boot img which according to sssomnath474 has battery life updation.
    7.I am studing as much time i can extract for an OC kernel and sssomnath474 is working on a rom.
    8.As update by sssomnath474 this boot.img can have a better battery backup
    let me know if you guys have access issues with any of the links or any of the link appears to be dead
    9.Added a user guide how to flash the firmware.Hope it helps
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/h2q51j8ovn1m1pc/Flash_firmware_config.pptx
    10.you can use windows 7(you have to boot it in test mode and run the research downloader in administrator)
    Thanks to sssomnath474 for the info
    11.you can use unlock root as confirmed by sssomnath474
    12.LIST OF STOCK IMAGES/PAC FILES FOR ALL MICROMAX MODELS
    http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax
    13.Heard from sssomnath474 that somebody has bumped imei while flashing.If any of you is stuck with the same issue i would suggest a complete firware flash following this tutorial,ONLY difference in this case will be DONT use my modified boot.img just flash the pac file as it is.
    14.WoW! guys never thought this thread will get mushroomed like this....thanks to sssomnath474 ,shubhamym21 ,J.E.abhishek kumar and others for keeping things rolling
    15.Some of you are facing weird problems with sims as my quick scan through the posts suggested,any updates on this guys?
    I made changes to OP what sssomnath474 suggested, i am saying again all you need to do in the research downloader is select the pac file,uncheck calibration.
    16.pradipkunwar51 has reported issue with docomo sim after flashing,i believe shubhamym21 already found a solution to it.Will Update the OP as soon as he comes back with comments
    17.Critical Update:Tutorial & Tool if you messed up your EMI
    Tutorial can be found here : China spd adnroid phone imei change just one click
    & here is the download link : Android SPD IMEI Writing Tool_R1.5.3001 - Download - 4shared - maroof azam
    Thanks to shubhamym21 for sharing the link and tutorial
    18.Moved all updates under this activity section for better clarity
    19.Adding Bravia engine zip
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44487763&postcount=138
    Thanks to sssomnath474 for the link
    Finally rooted my Micromax A65.Follow the guide carefully to avoid mistakes.I am not responsible for any physical/logical damage to you and your device :).

Thanks to authors and their posts
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2165554 ElectronikHeart(Guru of spreadtrum)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42693514#post42693514 Yekdall (confirming me unlocking the boot.img is key)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42776196#post42776196 Intex12345(calibartion tabs needs to be unckecked in RD)
    http://whiteboard.ping.se/Android/Rooting (for unlocking the boot.img)

Foreground

A Chaina re-branned phone
    A fastboot mode
    A useless recovery mode
    A locked boot.img (thats why even chmod or simply pushing a su will not root the phone)
    A IMEI number(which if you mess up after flashing,you will not get any radio signals)

1)First Unlock the Boot IMG

Before you proceed I will strongly recommend to download the tutorial guide ppt that you will find in Recent Activity list at the top of this post

You need to tamper permission after extracting the boot.img for this.No worry guys i have already done that for you :).Just download the below file

Unsecured Boot Image

Now a bit critical part,read carefully .This unlocked image needed to be flashed to your device.For that you need research download and firmware pac file.
    Download this to files from the below links

PAC versions & Tools Download
    (pac file,driver,research download all included)

Download this drivers and install,after successfull installtion you will have(under device manager)

1.ABD interface
    2.two COM ports
    3.two emulators

If any of this having yellow sign it will not work.

Open research download

click on first button and load pac file
    click on second button change baudrate to 115200,in calibration tab uncheck all.
    For BOOT_IMG option browse and select the unlockedboot.img that you downloaded now.
    plugin the usb cable(DON'T plugin the phone now)
    click on play button
    PRESS & HOLD VOLUME UP KEY and insert the usb cable,don't release the key.
    Download should starts within 3 secs.If it doesn't then check the drivers carefully or reply to this thread with failures.
    Once done unplug your phone and remove battery for 3 second
    Reinsert battery and restart your phone.

YES!! you have successfully unlocked the boot.img

2)WiseMen Backup!!

First thing you should do before any tweaking and twisting save your back!!.Install CMW using the below method straight away and save your back.

1.Download .andriod.zip,extract it and save it under C:\Users\<computer name>\<paste it here>
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ga5tk2h89m41ddk/.android.zip

2.From your phone got to application-->developer option-->enable usb debugging
    3.Now plugin your phone through micro usb cable.
    4.Download this zip ,extract and place in under c:/<paste it here>
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2as5grqceqtqq3/Android_Multi_tool.zip

5.Open a command prompt type

Code:

20080823        fastboot

Note:you will NOT be able to proceed further if this doesnt shows up.Double check the andriod.zip has adb_usb.ini file.

Now we will flash a custom recovery image in fastboot mode.

Code:
            C:\Android Multi tool>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

OKAY [ 10.487s]
    		writing 'recovery'...
    		OKAY [  3.425s]

7.Reboot your phone.
    8.Now got to CMW using Volume up + power button and do a backup.

3)Push superuser zip & ROOT!!!

This the easiest step among all of them.Download the below file,put it under sdcard and flash it through CMW.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/t55b6ebzvx9yf1f/update.zip

THAT'S IT you are rooted!!!

REMEMBER,PROBABILITY OF BRICKING IS MINIMUM AS I HAVE ALREADY DONE ALL THE TEST FOR YOU GUYS :)!!!.STILL IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG DONT PANIC,JUST FLASH A FIRMWARE AS MENTIONED ABOVE(point 1) EVENIF YOUR PHONE IS
    TOTALLY DEAD :D.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please hit thanks if i you find this useful
    Yahoo...IMEI Restored

All those who are having sim problem after rooting or flashing, check your IMEI first.:confused:

If your IMEI is bumped then dont worry anymore, download IMEI tool from below link and follow steps from tutorial.

After restoring IMEI your both sims will work as earlier.

Tested on my Micromax A65..;)

Download link: http://www.4shared.com/rar/TqGNXb-L/Android_SPD_IMEI_Writing_Tool_.html#

Tutorial: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f606/china-spd-adnroid-phone-imei-change-just-one-click-1672805/
    hola

if u guys like it then try this :D
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dd72z6yzq27k4kw
    i'm not responsible if you brick your device lol
    Hey ...
    Your thread is really awesome , and i have a Micromax A65 . I'm trying to root it but i am stuck at the point where it says waiting n waiting in the progress column while downloading . It should have started in 3 seconds as you said but it is taking forever to start :( ...
    Plz plz plzzzzzzzzzzz help me with this as i am not that great in tech. stuff but i want to root my MMX A65 ...
    Plz help !!!

uncheck all calibrations

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

br0 i think i hav unlocked my boot . bt m not able to see th0se command prompt:( help plz

if tou cant understand that suggesting you to use unlockroot.
    http://downloadcdn.betterinstaller.com/installers/9/9/UnlockRoot_downloader_by_UnlockRoot.exe

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

some one plz...provide me the link to stock rom so that i can start theming the stock framework and make it look like ics rom :good:

http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/A65/Software version/V4_26.06.13/
    download this pac file open it in research downloader
    then open C:\Users\som\AppData\Local\Temp\_download..... something named foledr you will found there you can dind system.img

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

h3y somnath thaxxxx i hv successfully rooted mh cell ....i wanna ask that by default os (bolt) i got frm company n after root it got smarty 4.3 ....so which one is better ?
    are der any custom roms avaliable ?>

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

h3y i got sme prob b4 ....i fix it ...jst change d usb cable ...use samsung etc :)

bolt is better it is new update to get that
    download this insecure boot.img
    and donload this rom
    http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/A65/Software version/V4_26.06.13/
    and follow the same steps it will work for sure :)
    if you have problem in rooting then after flashing the device with insecure boot.img you can also use unlock root
    Dont get me wrong but i think it is better to log your errors here as it might help others as well as me to correct the OP.

Once you have the setup use exact set of drivers and pac file that i linked in this thread.remember if you have a successful driver installation then you will have at least(under device manager)

2 new COM ports
    2 emulators

I am working on capturing few snapshots or a demonstration guide,it will take time as i recently lost my bag-pack,will update with videos once i stage up.

thankx bro..it will help more if you give screenshots