Problem with KNOX.

Search This thread

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Hi, I had a screen issue today and got to a Samsung repair center after flashing stock rom and reseting the counter.
The Service center denied fixing my phone because I had KNOX Warranty Void 0x1.
Is there anything that can be done?
I've heard KNOX alone isn't supposed to give you warranty issues but that's not the case here.
Any user that Samsung fixed their phone with KNOX Warranty Void 0x1?
Could you share your experience?
Thanks.

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
You don't need create a new thread having this already opened:
[Q&A][i9505] Knox Q&A / Discussion Thread - ask questions here!
I'm sorry about that.
I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law :good:

Thank you! Really good tip!
You think they'll fix it even with knox?

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law :good:

Almost correct, but incomplete.

Samsung doesn't have to give you 2 year warranty when you messed with the phone. The store where you bought it however, should fix the phone according to the EU Law. It's actually not called warranty but conformity of the product. Warranty is giving by Samsumg and conformity of the product is legally obligated to the store that sold you the phone. No rooting, flashing, can free them for fixing a hardware failure, that's not caused by yourself.

It's the store you bought it from you should claim your warranty.

I would however spam Samsung their Facebook and tell everyone how Samsung treaths their customers.

(I hope I translated everything correctly, but I think you will get my point).

Reactions: nfsmw_gr

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com

Samsung doesn't have to give you 2 year warranty when you messed with the phone. The store where you bought it however, should fix the phone according to the EU Law. It's actually not called warranty but conformity of the product. Warranty is giving by Samsumg and conformity of the product is legally obligated to the store that sold you the phone. No rooting, flashing, can free them for fixing a hardware failure, that's not caused by yourself.

I would however spam Samsung their Facebook and tell everyone how Samsung treaths their customers.

Thank you so much!!!
Great advice! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.