[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

harminoff

Mar 3, 2009
What gapps should I use for the latest nighlies? Can't seem to find one that works.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

harminoff

Mar 3, 2009
Thanks for the help! I forgot evervolv had the built in updater in settings. For some reason I thought it was an app so that's why I had trouble finding it.

I notice that this does have support for ART. Do you recommend using that or delvik? Can I even use art if I want to use something like a2sd?

Also, I did do a fresh install and then used the latest gapps but sometimes get an error "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

I did a full wipe before install so am not sure why I would get that message.

Again, thanks for all the help and hard work! Glad I can still use this phone.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Thanks for the help! I forgot evervolv had the built in updater in settings. For some reason I thought it was an app so that's why I had trouble finding it.

I notice that this does have support for ART. Do you recommend using that or delvik? Can I even use art if I want to use something like a2sd?

Also, I did do a fresh install and then used the latest gapps but sometimes get an error "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

I did a full wipe before install so am not sure why I would get that message.

Again, thanks for all the help and hard work! Glad I can still use this phone.
There isn't enough storage on this device to use ART.

Reactions: harminoff

harminoff

Mar 3, 2009
So I've been running this for a bit and it's working fine. Would like to set up my sd card now.

I'm trying to use this guide. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2125513

Can I use the apk from 4ext.net like in method 1, or should I use a different method?

The reason I ask is that 4ext can't find my device and don't know what I should use instead if using that method.

Thanks again!

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

webbie2

Jul 17, 2012
Cleveland
Looks like we are all set up! Thanks for a 4.4.4 build for an old phone. seems to do the trick!! Only issue I ran into is had to grab banks gapps (54 MB) because the smallest PA gapps (96MB) is still to big. ha. Going to make sure this thing is charged up and see how long i can get this battery to last.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Last edited:
Reactions: taadow1030

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't posted here in awhile, and I've got 3 other devices to post for tonight so this is gonna be short and updated later.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv nightlies & releases

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

** Resetting for 3.2 release **

GPS?

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Or maybe since the end of the world is near they said screw it why even bother :confused:

In all seriousness, Evervolv is available on multiple platforms. Some may take longer to get working than others. Grouper and Manta are the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 devices, which already has the 4.2.x upgrade so of course those would be one of the first to get this ROM. In regards to our specific device, only the Evo LTE and Evo3D have had theirs released by @preludedrew. And of those two the LTE version was pulled due to connectivity issues.

To all who want to know when our device gets a release:

1.) Download Twitter or some variant
    2.) Follow @preludedrew
    3.) Patiently wait for him to say when it is available.

Any available release would be posted on his Twitter feed before here.

Couldn't have said it better myself ^^

Yes we're just having a tough time getting this device working with 4.2. Along with the fact that most of us are 2+ devices past these ones (although this doesn't pull us from committing to them, just strained between devices).
    So I've got a feature that I've put some decent work into and I need some feedback. Basically it's a cross between the recent apps view and the Galaxy style notification widgets (Most of you know as cm power widgets). To open this up, we've made it so you just long-press the statusbar:

NewQwikWidgets.png
    So 4.3 is booting on qsd8k devices. I'm going to do some work on it tonight, however I do not have my evo to test. It's currently en route to elginsk8r for him to work on a 3.0 kernel. That being said, if I could get a few testers that can dedicate a little time ( hopefully tonight ), we can get at least a preview release out. If not, get nightlies going for Evervolv 3.3 ( Android 4.3 ). Please hop on IRC ( irc.freenode.net -- http://www.evervolv.com/chat/ ). If you see this message after tomorrow evening, please don't come on irc asking for test builds, as I really would like to get this done in the next two nights.
    Update!
    Code:
    [01:07] <@preludedrew> CaptainThrowback, supersonic enabled on nightlies
    And that's KitKat, baby!

What doesn't work: WiMax, FFC
    What still needs to be fixed: Video Camera (doesn't save files), Flash (Torch not working either), a2sd(?)
    What does work: Everything else :)

So I think the first Nightly will show up tomorrow, but anyone that wants to help work out those remaining issues is welcome to jump in and do so.

Let's keep this legendary device alive and kicking!