[ROOT]TWRP Coordinator(BETA)

Search This thread

ainarsh

May 9, 2014
Any known date what new release could come out?
For my rooted Ampe A50 with 4.2.2 it seems going into loop with msg "Processing data from server" left it like for ~1h and still no changes, so closed it.

How long should installation process go?

Last edited:

v_lestat

Jul 11, 2010
Same here just sits at processing data from server
Using kindle fire (otter) with twrp 2.5.0.0
Also says twrp isn't installed so the app isn't even reading the device propery

Aug 14, 2014
Albany, NY
While it is not open source, you can check out TWRP Manage.

It has proven to be a very good app, and it is what TWRP Coordinator was initially modeled after. It is also updated regularly and a new patch should be coming out soon.

I have looked at TWRP Manager and a few others before. These seem feature rich, free to use and are very tempting to use, however, I am trying to use stickly open source software (minus firmware...until my next phone).

<diatribe>
The amount of personal information the typical smartphone can provide is astronomical. Less scrupulous or diligent developers can and have wrapped up seemingly innocuous apps that siphon off information weather it be intentional or not. I am not trying to be evangelical about open source software but feel that “sunlight is the best disinfectant” and software that runs at such a low level like live recovery backup apps should be analyzed for security, patched and integrated into aftermarket builds if not AOSP itself.

I will admit I have not audited the AOSP code base nor the apps I have downloaded off of F-Droid. I do not have this amount of time or expertise but I am comforatable with communities of users and develoepers being diligent enough to find and correct issues and not leaving it to one person or organization. I know ChainFire does quite a bit of this himself (example being the Pry-fi patch for OmniROM) and do trust his work yet I still use Superuser over SuperSU. This is a little frustrating seeing Superuser is open source but ClockworkMod isn't and vice versa with TWRP and SuperSU.

I want an up to date, sleek, open source Android with all basic functionality or will develop it myself. Unfortunately, the later will take more time as I need to learn Android development.
</diatribe>

Please, no one take offense to what I am saying. This my personal preference and an option I would want others to have available.

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
I have looked at TWRP Manager and a few others before. These seem feature rich, free to use and are very tempting to use, however, I am trying to use stickly open source software (minus firmware...until my next phone).

<diatribe>
The amount of personal information the typical smartphone can provide is astronomical. Less scrupulous or diligent developers can and have wrapped up seemingly innocuous apps that siphon off information weather it be intentional or not. I am not trying to be evangelical about open source software but feel that “sunlight is the best disinfectant” and software that runs at such a low level like live recovery backup apps should be analyzed for security, patched and integrated into aftermarket builds if not AOSP itself.

I will admit I have not audited the AOSP code base nor the apps I have downloaded off of F-Droid. I do not have this amount of time or expertise but I am comforatable with communities of users and develoepers being diligent enough to find and correct issues and not leaving it to one person or organization. I know ChainFire does quite a bit of this himself (example being the Pry-fi patch for OmniROM) and do trust his work yet I still use Superuser over SuperSU. This is a little frustrating seeing Superuser is open source but ClockworkMod isn't and vice versa with TWRP and SuperSU.

I want an up to date, sleek, open source Android with all basic functionality or will develop it myself. Unfortunately, the later will take more time as I need to learn Android development.
</diatribe>

Please, no one take offense to what I am saying. This my personal preference and an option I would want others to have available.

I understand and can redirect your preference, but please understand the flaws in your thinking.

If you refuse to utilize apps that aren't open source, you can't use gmail, drive, YouTube, or any other such app.

You sound like you are a bit paranoid and if that is the case, maybe you should develop all of your own apps.

While TWRP Manager will never be open source as it has paid features, I can sure you that no information will ever be transferred or saved without your knowledge.

Either way it is up to you, but that is a terrible way to spend your life.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Aug 14, 2014
Albany, NY
I understand and can redirect your preference, but please understand the flaws in your thinking.

If you refuse to utilize apps that aren't open source, you can't use gmail, drive, YouTube, or any other such app.

You sound like you are a bit paranoid and if that is the case, maybe you should develop all of your own apps.

While TWRP Manager will never be open source as it has paid features, I can sure you that no information will ever be transferred or saved without your knowledge.

Either way it is up to you, but that is a terrible way to spend your life.

I am overly paranoid and for no reason. I also know I am limiting the functionality of my device. It is easier to prevent data from being transfered than to have it removed after being on the internet. Again, this is my choice and I do plan on developing or adding functionality to open source Android apps.

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
I am overly paranoid and for no reason. I also know I am limiting the functionality of my device. It is easier to prevent data from being transfered than to have it removed after being on the internet. Again, this is my choice and I do plan on developing or adding functionality to open source Android apps.

Yeah, I personally don't get it, but it's up to you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samer Diab And Helicopter88 Present
    TWRP Coordinator
    Description :​

This application handles some key recovery features using ORS(Open Recovery Script),
    Features :
    *Install Latest TWRP Recovery
    *Stores Backup Choices In Preferences
    *Update TWRP
    *Reboot to recovery
    *Flash Multiple zips From SDCARD
    *Create new backups
    *Rename backups
    *Delete backups
    *Restore backups
    *Wipe Data
    *Factory Reset
    *Wipe specific partitions
    *Fix permissions
    And more..

You can make secure the app with a password, or hide it from launcher to launch it using the dialer(dial *#8977#).
    Last but not least,this app is adfree, has a polished look, is easy to use, contains a cool widget for flashaholics that will allow you to reboot , hotreboot, reboot to recovery and power off.
    When you are restoring backup , the app will give you a choice of which partition to restore based on the ones backed up .
    The app will not work without root access, and the app will not work without TWRP Recovery installed,
    On launch the app it will check whether TWRP is installed on your device and then continue , if TWRP is not installed you will be prompted to install it.
    If your device does not have official TWRP support , you can still use this app, you just need to manually install TWRP recovery and launch the app.
    You can send your feedback by email using TWRP Coordinator.
    We are aiming to make the app work on every device once we leave BETA stage, so please state all bugs in the email and we will work hard on fixing them.
    Change Log :

Beta Build 006 .
    Change Log :
    *Improved password security(Thanks to Adam Outler)
    *Fixed some SELinux related errors(The app will detect twrp on all devices :) , Credits to Jorrit "Chainfire" Jongma and The OmniROM Project)
    *Multiple zip flash is now supported
    *Fix some first run issues
    *Code clean-up
    *Replaced checkboxes with switches
    *Address some force closes
    *Backup preferences are now stored
    *Fixed widget
    Downloads :
    Credits
    Dees_Troy
    AdamOutler
    Chainfire

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Coordinator , a App

Contributors
    Samer Diab, Helicopter88, Dees_Troy

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 006
    Beta Release Date: 2014-04-18

Created 2014-04-17
    Last Updated 2014-05-01
    Since there seems to be some confusion regarding what constitutes an "official" versus an "unofficial" app, I'll try to clear this up as best as I can right here, right now, though I'm sure at least one person will be upset at me, if not everyone.

I'm not much good with Java and I've never had enough time to learn app development well enough yet to make a true, first-party app for TWRP. I've depended on other developers to make apps like GooManager, TWRP Manager, and TWRP Coordinator. As for what constitutes an official versus unofficial app, well how's this? I don't really have an official policy. I will probably just have some apps that I recommend because I know the developers and I've worked with those developers. Right now the main app that I'm recommending is TWRP Manager because the app is fairly mature, has a proven track record, and because I've worked with @jmz now for a while.

I may start also recommending TWRP Coordinator at some point. I've helped @Samer Diab some just like I helped @jmz some with understanding TWRP's ORS features and syntax. TWRP Coordinator is new and like any new app, I'm sure there's some compatibility and usability issues that need to be worked out.

One of the great things about TWRP, IMHO, is how open we are. We're the only major touch recovery out there that has its full touch and GUI code fully open source. Part of the open nature means that I have made TWRP's OpenRecoveryScript engine open to work with any app that an app developer might want to build. These apps include TWRP Manager and TWRP Coordinator. There's other apps too such as JRummy's ROM Toolkit, to a certain degree Flashify, Omni's OpenDelta app, and even koush's own ROM Manager are compatible with ORS. The idea is that you can use any app you choose so long as your recovery is TWRP
    Reserved

FAQ:
    Q : Can we include the app in our rom ?
    A:Yes off course you can .

Q:The app is not working on my device .
    A: Did you grant it root access ?

Q:I forgot the application password .
    A:Launch it from dialler using(*#89778#)

Q:The app does not detect TWRP on my device while i have it installed
    A:post your device on the thread please
    Traced down the culprit to Superuser,please use SuperSu on 4.4 and above
    Anyways,here there's a test build that should work better

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b7uLvxjCbsQlpha3RZaUhlRFU/edit?usp=sharing

Little explanation on the failed to detect TWRP issue:
    SELinux (introduced in 4.3 but enforced on 4.4) denies non-system apps to system shell (sh).
    There's a little workaround that has been implemented in SuperSU (using daemonsu),but not yet in Superuser that allows apps to use system shell,I rewrote our root routines and now things should work beautifully.
    For further details,refer to http://su.chainfire.eu/#selinux

I've been checking on my nexus 5 running openmaster with the stricter selinux possible and things seem to work fine,please check it out,
    Thanks.
    Hi,

I'm searching for an App who can do this...

Flash:
    - zip A
    - zip B
    - zip C
    - zip D
    Before flash do:
    - create a Backup from /system /boot and /data to external sd card
    - format system
    After flash do:
    - wipe cache/dalvik
    - reboot

Can I do it with this App?