Should I buy XDA IIs or IIi, help!

Search This thread

ajthedj

Sep 12, 2005
Hi there,

I have only owned SPV E100/E200 before so would appreciate advice as now moving onto Pocket PC phone.

On O2's website, they have got both the XDA IIs and IIi for £99 on price plans ranging from £20-£45, I'm going to get one, not sure which one!

My primary use for the phone will be:

Pocket PC usage,
TOM TOM,
Wireless LAN.

I know the IIi is newer and has a better digital camera, but the IIs's slide out keyboard looks so cool! But is it practical? or just unneeded? I haven't had a Pocket PC before so please fill me in!

Which has a better screen? or is more lighter? or just the one you would go for? Please tell me, and why! I have to make my choice soon and I'm letting out a sweat, opinoin's will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks,

For once, price is not a factor, making a choice has become so hard!

T

TheBrit

That depends whether you want the slide-out thumb keyboard or not.

The IIs has the keyboard, the IIi does not. The keyboard adds bulk to the unit and is according to people I know with them it's a bit of a waste of time. I'd go for the IIi.

smcaul

Sep 13, 2005
Got an Xda 2i yesterday for £99, am very impressed with it. Even though it showed a fault I had with my wireless router and that cast me another £60, but it has connected wirelessly without any problems, it has paired with a BT headset without any problems and battery life is acceptable (will no doubt get better after a couple of charges). Am so far glad I got it, can now say bye bye to my ipaq and nokia phone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KTamas

Sep 2, 2004
If you want keyboard and unoffical WM5, go for XDAIIs. If you don't, go for XDAIIi.

Bottom line: I love XDAIIs's built-in keyboard...

webgen

Sep 16, 2005
San Francisco, California
Using IIs for 6 months...

Using IIs for 6 months. Love it... but do not really get a whole lot of use out of the keyboard due to poor shift vs. function key layout. If the IIi has a better camera, I would go for that. A WME 2005 unofficial for IIi will probably work sooner or later. Happy Using!

Steve

elbowz

Aug 4, 2005
Auckland
When making the same decision I was advised by the manager in my local O2 shop to go for the IIi as the IIs was somewhat unreliable, especially with respect to the slider.

The better camera isn't a particularly big draw for me, quality is patchy at best.

I did manage to score a tenner discount on the IIi without any argument from the shop manager, so well worth asking if you decide to go for one