[Guide] Revert back to Original Stock Rom With Kies

Search This thread

elsayed234

Dec 9, 2012
flash counter

Please .. does this Reset the flash counter back to zero or I have to use the triangle away first ?!

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
I tried doing this just for fun. My phone was on the latest stock rom for my country. Didn't lose any data after going through the whole process.

Thanks for the guide!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

note more than 5min once it finish downloading and start flashing, otherwise
you may got bootloop. In that case
Reboot to recovery (vol up+home +power)
and wipe cache and data (factory reset)
PS:This will erase all your data.

Thanks. I had waited 15min+ so i knew something wasn't right. I ended up flashing stock through Odin but the reason i wanted to do it this way was so i would have the same firmware it originally came with. Not sure which one it was. I can't see one for UK so i'm using the German one at the moment.

Gonna give it another go, see what happens

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
Thanks. I had waited 15min+ so i knew something wasn't right. I ended up flashing stock through Odin but the reason i wanted to do it this way was so i would have the same firmware it originally came with. Not sure which one it was. I can't see one for UK so i'm using the German one at the moment.

Gonna give it another go, see what happens

You just had to do what the DR said. Kies installed the firmware for you. Do it again if you want the original firmware that the phone had out of factory (or the latest version of it)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Reactions: lrm537
You just had to do what the DR said. Kies installed the firmware for you. Do it again if you want the original firmware that the phone had out of factory (or the latest version of it)

I done it again with the same result...no boot. But after following the docs advice of wiping data it has worked perfectly. I'm now on 4.1.1. Got to admit to a tiny bit of panic there, but it's all good. Thanks .

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
I done it again with the same result...no boot. But after following the docs advice of wiping data it has worked perfectly. I'm now on 4.1.1. Got to admit to a tiny bit of panic there, but it's all good. Thanks .

No boot is normal cause you are downgrading.
4.1.1 is the latest official fw from sammy to your phone's carrier/hardware combo.

Reactions: famozine and lrm537
No boot is normal cause you are downgrading.
4.1.1 is the latest official fw from sammy to your phone's carrier/hardware combo.

Thanks, that makes sense, all working now. Thanks for the guide, I wouldn't have thought about using Kies for anything useful like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

saad3000

Jul 15, 2010
hi it didnt work for me on note2 after finish binanry it said remove battery put it back power on ur phone attach to pc and try again i did it 3 times stuck on samsung n7100 logo only download mode no recovery mode my phone is semi brick need helpppppppppppppppp plz

ramgab

Sep 5, 2010
Having the very same issue

hi it didnt work for me on note2 after finish binanry it said remove battery put it back power on ur phone attach to pc and try again i did it 3 times stuck on samsung n7100 logo only download mode no recovery mode my phone is semi brick need helpppppppppppppppp plz

Tried everything, Kies never connected to my phone then after a month of light usage it just stopped. Can't go into recovery, just shows Samsung logo, on download mode it just says 'downloading'... Tried the steps in this post and nothing happened then tried ODIN (which shows connected on some com port) but fails every firmware I try (tried Middle East,UK & India fw). Re-partitioning with a Pit file just halts trying to connect to the phone. All this was tried on both a windows xp (x86) and a windows 7 (x64) using numerous original cables, different drivers and usb ports.

Out of clues :confused:

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
Did you try repartitioning prior to this or after. Did you with Odin flashed correct firmwares i.e n7100 to n7100 or wrong one i.e n7100 to n7105?

ramgab

Sep 5, 2010
Did you try repartitioning prior to this or after. Did you with Odin flashed correct firmwares i.e n7100 to n7100 or wrong one i.e n7100 to n7105?

I tried with Kies (as described) it downloaded for 3 hours and then gave me an error of no connection.
Then tried ODIN with 3 different firmwares from SamMobile and they are all for n7100 (stock roms).... ODIN states the MD5 is ok but then gives the Failed message straight after trying to push the rom to the phone.
Last resort was trying out repartitioning and this also failed.

BTW. ever since i got this phone i was NEVER able to connect to any version of Kies...

My only chance is to send it back to uae for free repair as its still under warranty, shipping will cost me alot though :crying:

unless you have any tricks i could try out first :fingers-crossed:

PS.
* If i connect the charger while phone is 'off' it shows an empty battery... no animation... and no charging led...
* If i insert USB cable, go into download mode and remove the battery, the phone stays in download mode and does not turn off
* when connected i see the Samsung USB in device manager so i'm sure the computer can sense the phone

Glad I still have my good old HD2 ... Class 10 NativeSD with JB 4.1.2 :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all. This is a very simple guide to revert back to the Stock rom that came with your phone.
    Odin is not needed, also no special skills needed. All you need is a PC with Samsung Kies installed.
    Kies is best to be updated to latest version. latest one is 08-01-2013

So, let's start. If you were rooted and the custom binary counter has increased, please use TriangleAway prior to this guide.

1-) Open up Kies with phone disconnected, but keep it powered up cause you will need it for the serial number.

2-)Navigate here (tools) (picture 1) and select the 3d option (software upgarade and preparation). you will get this Enter GT-N7100 press confirm.

3-) enter your phones serial number(picture 3) wich you can find either under the battery or by navigating to yout phone Settings- About device- Status- Serial
    Number. Press confirm. after pressing confirm you will be presented with a dialog which lets you know that the device will be wiped. Press Confirm again.
    4-) you will now be presented with the version (picture4, it is for my phone. you will have maybe other) that is the latest for your phone and your serial number. press confirm and wait for the first download (picture5). wait till it finishes.

5-)in the next screen (picture 6) read and select Agree. put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down+ home button+ power on. do not release the buttons till the phone is in the screen that tells about warning. press volume up.
    connect phone to PC and press down at Start Update button.
    this will take a while to download cause the update is about 1GB.
    wait till it finishes and phone boot up.
    Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.
    I m on stock 4.3 With KnoX tripped...
    With this kies method can i downgrade to 4.1.2?

no, this will install latest firmware available, wich is android 4.3

im on a phone without knox. if i update through KIES will i get KNOX installed?

yes

Can this method work with custom recovery too? Im rooted, 4.3 ml3, philz recovery and stock rom

can work, but will install 4.3 with knox

I'm now on android 4.3 ( custom rooted rom ) ... and even after using triangle away .. it gives binary counter 1
    do you think after following your steps I will go to stock official rom 4.3 and with counter 0 ??
    Thanks in advance

no
    try use triangle away, after that reboot directly in download mode and flash firmware with odin.
    note more than 5min once it finish downloading and start flashing, otherwise
    you may got bootloop. In that case
    Reboot to recovery (vol up+home +power)
    and wipe cache and data (factory reset)
    PS:This will erase all your data.
    It will work coming from any rom. Just backup, backup, backup your personal data. It will wipe internal sd.

Wow, thanks!
    I hust have a question about this, for example, if i ever want to rollback to carrier stock ROM, i should follow the steps above? If we do this, are we going to enable OTA carrier updates as long as we don't root the phone, right?

Thanks!

you are correct. in both questions:laugh: