Huawei Honor 2 U9508

Search This thread

maikzen

Sep 1, 2011
Pohjanmaa

AmigaWolf

Jan 31, 2012
On so many sites, sellers mention this phone has a gorilla glass display. Is this ture or not?

I am asking so that i can take extra precautions.

How much battery life do you guys get on an average? I can see that my battery frops 2-3% every hour.

If you sometimes call and sometimes use Internet the phone will last about 2 a 3 days.

From what i know from this video the Huawei Honor 1 has Gorilla Glass, so if the first had it i think also this one has it.

Huawei Honor - Gorilla Glass Review

And also here they say it.

http://www.morecellphone.com/compare/phones/huawei-honor-2-u9508-vs-huawei-ascend-d1-quad-xl-u9510e/68633

:good: Just the guy I was looking for!! :D
mind answering my questions. Btw, I just spoke with one of the resellers and they said its not a Gorilla Glass.
How does the screen feel when you touch it?? is it HARD or pressable?
Please link me that Seller.
BTW, I spoke with this seller and this is the one I am thinking of getting.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IN-S...UAWEI-Honor-2-U9508-2G-RAM-8Mp/725040981.html

Here's a stupid thread I made which will soon be deleted. Feel free to answer those Qs too!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37808044#post37808044

Why not go for this store HOTMID, it's cheaper and a real phone store (only phones and Tablets), and Has great
service and are fast, more people here on this site has bought the phone there and are very happy, me included,
only took me 11 days to get the phone.

Last edited:

octop

Sep 27, 2011
U9508 not using Gorilla Glass

:good: Just the guy I was looking for!! :D
mind answering my questions. Btw, I just spoke with one of the resellers and they said its not a Gorilla Glass.
How does the screen feel when you touch it?? is it HARD or pressable?
Please link me that Seller.
BTW, I spoke with this seller and this is the one I am thinking of getting.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IN-S...UAWEI-Honor-2-U9508-2G-RAM-8Mp/725040981.html

Here's a stupid thread I made which will soon be deleted. Feel free to answer those Qs too!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37808044#post37808044

I can firmly tell you that U9508 is not using Gorilla Glass. Some sites in India & Philippines are alleging it has Gorilla Glass in the specs but it's not true. You actually hardly find any thorough U9508 Online Review (very detail hands-on review, not summary briefing) saying it has Gorilla Glass, b'cse these reviewers had contact Huawei to confirm every specs.

When you're confused, go straight to Huawei Official websites (use Google translate)
http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/productFeatures.do?pinfoId=3088&directoryId=5005&treeId=3677&tab=0
and take a look at the official specs. Many potential buyers had in mind knowing this allegation is likely false but still hinged on little hopes that these rumors are true.

Pls note that U9508 is only sold in 2-3 selected country. You can't get Huawei official technical support outside these few selected countries on this model. You can't even find U9508 in the Huawei Global Eng webpages but only the China & India ones. In fact Honor II is not an official model name, it's a direct translation of the original model name called 荣耀四核爱享版 (荣耀 means Honor which refer to the old U8860, the 1st ver, 四核 means quadcore, 爱享means EmotionUI). You'll see this when downloading ROM from EMUI, MIUI sites. There is a dual core version sold global under Model Ascend G600, which specs closely matched U9508 (except CPU).

We all are U9508 owners ... who wouldn't want U9508 having a Gorilla Glass? In fact, this's one of the point (despite it's a rumor) that attract me to this phone.

Last edited:

eultonio

Jan 15, 2006
"My Position" issues

Hello,
I have a U9508 with B544 & Root and quite happy with it. BUT I've an issue : on google maps or Weather widget (except Huawei's) the phone can't find "My position". I have to switch to GPS to get it right. Have you experienced anything like that ? Is there a way to have a 3G localisation ?

Thanks

HuaweiU9508

Feb 2, 2013
If you sometimes call and sometimes use Internet the phone will last about 2 a 3 days.

From what i know from this video the Huawei Honor 1 has Gorilla Glass, so if the first had it i think also this one has it.

Huawei Honor - Gorilla Glass Review

And also here they say it.

http://www.morecellphone.com/compare/phones/huawei-honor-2-u9508-vs-huawei-ascend-d1-quad-xl-u9510e/68633

Why not go for this store HOTMID, it's cheaper and a real phone store (only phones and Tablets), and Has great
service and are fast, more people here on this site has bought the phone there and are very happy, me included,
only took me 11 days to get the phone.

Then i must say i get bad battery life with the Huawei global 107 english rom which is 4.0.4.

The battery lasts only 1 day.

genialmaniac

Sep 2, 2009
same battery lasting as any quad core phone..
if u want better buy a battery with more ampere.

I'm on B610 with gapps, sync on, normal usage, a little bit of phone calls as well as some internet / simple gaming. The battery stands for 2 days for me.
According what I read around, it's mainly when you use a miui version that you'll encounter issues with battery drained/during less time.

I'm still surprised with the quality of the product for that range of pricing!
Now, I'll will wait and see if the phone is still working after some years like my good old Desire does.

titeuf007

Sep 15, 2012
i need otg support and apparently my honor is not compatible..
do you know if it s possible to use something to make my huawai compatible:confused:

AmigaWolf

Jan 31, 2012
I can firmly tell you that U9508 is not using Gorilla Glass. Some sites in India & Philippines are alleging it has Gorilla Glass in the specs but it's not true. You actually hardly find any thorough U9508 Online Review (very detail hands-on review, not summary briefing) saying it has Gorilla Glass, b'cse these reviewers had contact Huawei to confirm every specs.

When you're confused, go straight to Huawei Official websites (use Google translate)
http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/productFeatures.do?pinfoId=3088&directoryId=5005&treeId=3677&tab=0
and take a look at the official specs. Many potential buyers had in mind knowing this allegation is likely false but still hinged on little hopes that these rumors are true.

Pls note that U9508 is only sold in 2-3 selected country. You can't get Huawei official technical support outside these few selected countries on this model. You can't even find U9508 in the Huawei Global Eng webpages but only the China & India ones. In fact Honor II is not an official model name, it's a direct translation of the original model name called 荣耀四核爱享版 (荣耀 means Honor which refer to the old U8860, the 1st ver, 四核 means quadcore, 爱享means EmotionUI). You'll see this when downloading ROM from EMUI, MIUI sites. There is a dual core version sold global under Model Ascend G600, which specs closely matched U9508 (except CPU).

We all are U9508 owners ... who wouldn't want U9508 having a Gorilla Glass? In fact, this's one of the point (despite it's a rumor) that attract me to this phone.

Yes on the Official web site of Huawei you also see no Gorilla glass, here they also have the Official website in English without
using Google Translate http://www.huaweidevice.com.hk/device_Honor2_e.html

And the Huawei Honor 2 u9508 is also called Huawei Glory quad-core.

Last edited:

xhlee

Nov 20, 2008
Sorry, can anyone help regarding installing GAPPS.

I have this error message:
e: failed to verify whole-file signature
e: signature verification failed
e: installation failed

What have i done wrong?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

xhlee

Nov 20, 2008

thanks katsukio.

Apparently, i accidentally solve my problem.

My problem was the custom recovery could't run at "Huawei Ascend" logo or no respond.

Solution
(1) Power on the phone and let it boot normally instead of Power up your phone while holding Power & - volume
(2) Run the custom recovery and press 1 and connect your USB cable.
(3) After the recovery is done, disconnect your USB cable and shut down the phone.
(4) Boot phone with Power & + volume (assuming you have already put in the new gapps)

And the remaining steps are the same.

Cheer to all those who helped me.

If anyone face similar problem, the above is the solution. thanks all.

Reactions: yoavst

thunderc8

Apr 1, 2010
I just want to add that i resolved my batery drains problems by uninstallig the dolphin browser.
I got 1 day before and at night i was at 20-30% at best and now im on 58 .
I installed a battery program and i saw that dolphin drained my battery even when it was closed.
Any saggestions for a good battery friendly browser.

Last edited:

kimon60

Apr 17, 2012
Greece
I just want to add that i resolved my batery drains problems by uninstallig the dolphin browser.
I got 1 day before and at night i was at 20-30% at best and now im on 58 .
I installed a battery program and i saw that dolphin drained my battery even when it was closed.
Any saggestions for a good battery friendly browser.

The default one,or the boat mini browser..

octop

Sep 27, 2011
I did run that and pressed 1. But it just stuck at this

htp://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee430/xhlee87/Untitled.jpg

Sorry, i cant post picture at the moment.

Thanks for help.

I know why. 2 possibilities :
1. Your phone is not successfully rooted. Thus, when U install gapps it's not authorized to mount the required drive.
2. You installed the wrong ver of gapps i.e gapps of Jelly Bean on ICS rom.

Case 1 is more likely

maikzen

Sep 1, 2011
Pohjanmaa
I know why. 2 possibilities :
1. Your phone is not successfully rooted. Thus, when U install gapps it's not authorized to mount the required drive.
2. You installed the wrong ver of gapps i.e gapps of Jelly Bean on ICS rom.

Case 1 is more likely
That has nothing to do with rooting, or even gapps!!!
he's trying to install custom recovery.
4. Power up your phone whilst holding Power & - volume.

5. Now your phone should be stuck in the "Huawei Ascend" logo, now connect to computer and run recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe and press 1 and enter.
try pressing Ctrl+C if the same error appears afterwards you've followed my guide above and it might fix the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Honor 2 U9508

models:

• U9508/Ascend G615 - 1Gb RAM
    • U9508B - 2Gb RAM
    specs:
    1df90e14b2d846409569cd8.png

ROMS & Official Updates (EMUI):

Official updates:
    The official updates ordered by BXXX
    4.0.4 Updates:
    • B026 (Older versions: B018,B019,B024,B025) - those version come with the device pre-installed. It’s don’t reccomend to install them. Those version are 4.0.4 Android and they are not include Google Apps.
    • B107 - This is the official Huawei’s international version. It’s an Android 4.0.4 version Stock (original Google Vanilla UI) which is come with Gapps. Multilanguage version. This version is considered as “Battery Saver” by most of the users in XDA. This version also got the biggest Antutu Benchmark score (15,000-15,500) which achieved in the device.
    4.1.2 Updates (Emotion UI):
    All of the 4.1.2 updates have the “Emotion UI” interface (more info about EMUI here).
    There is only English and Chinese in Emotion UI (Menus).
    Right now there is 2 version of Emui - “Emotion UI 1.5” and “Emotion UI 1.6” .
    You can download it from here, use google translate.
    EMUI 1.5 is the stable build. Emui 1.6 is the development build.
    • B544 (Older versions: B541,B542,B543) - This is EMUI 1.5 stable build. it have all the futures of Jellybean and the unique interface. Very stable. Don’t include Google Apps.
    • B624 (Older version: B605,B610,B615,B618,B624) - This is Emui 1.6 Development build. This version include a lot of chinese apps. Don’t include Google Apps.
    ROMS:
    • Xiui 1.2 stable (Older version: 0.9 beta,1,1.1) - based on B624 (EMUI 1.6, Android 4.1.2). All the chinese apps have been deleted. A lot of tweaks. Multilanguage version. Rooted. Include Google Apps. The lanucher is “Smart Lanucher”.
    • Hiui 1.0 - Based on B624 (EMUI 1.6, Android 4.1.2). All the chinese apps have been deleted. A lot of tweaks. Multilanguage version. Rooted. Include Google Apps. The lanucher is EMUI launcher and it’s include “ME widget” & others...
    • Miui V4 - Come in 2 version - 3.2.1 Based on Android 4.0.3 - 3.2.2 Based on Android 4.1.2 - you can read about MIUI here. Not include Google Apps. Recommend for 2Gb version only
    • TouchWiz - Based on B026 (Android 4.0.4). Introducing the known samsung’s interface - “Touchwiz”. Not include Google Apps.
    Other Download:

Guides:
    How to install Official Updates -
    Method number 1 - Required EMUI:
    1. Donwload official update which come as a Zip file.
    2. In the Zip file there is a folder called “dload”. Extract its to the root library of the SD card.
    3. Open Settings app.
    4. Go to “About Phone” and then choose “System updates”.
    5. Choose “Update via SD card” and then “Confirm”.
    6. The device will reboot into the “Update installer” and then he will install the update.
    7. If the installation successed, the device will reboot into the new version, if not it will reboot into the version which you have right now.
    Method number 2 - Required Original Recovery (can be custom ROM)
    1. Donwload official update which come as a Zip file.
    2. In the Zip file there is a folder called “dload”. Extract its to the root library of the SD card.
    3. Turn off the phone.
    4. Boot up the phone with POWER & Volume + & Volume -
    5. The device will reboot into the “Update installer” and then he will install the update.
    6. If the installation succeeded, the device will reboot into the new version, if not it will reboot into the version which you have right now.
    How to Replace Recovery -
    U9508 have 2 types of Recovery - The original for the official updates - the chinese for everything else.
    1. Open setting app.
    2. Disable Fastboot option. Go to “Developer options” and enable “USB debugging”.
    3. Connect the device into the USB. Choose “USB storage device”.
    4. Open “Recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe”.
    5. Now you have 2 options - 1 for The chinese recovery, 2 for The original recovery.
    6. Write the number that you have choosen and press Enter.
    7. If all is OK, the program will do its job - Reboot into FASTBOOT MOD, Flash the selected recovery and then reboot the device.
    8. your selected recovery have been installed.
    How to install custom ROM -
    You will need the Chinese Recovery to install custom ROM.
    This guide work with MIUI,HIUI,XIUI,TouchWiz...
    1. Put the ROM on the SD card
    2. Go to recovery by Turning off the device and then booting up the phone with POWER & Volume +
    3. First you need to wipe all your data, Select the 4th option and then the first option [Wipe Data/Factory reset]
    4. Now when your phone is empty you can install new ROM, Select the 2nd option and then 4th option.
    5. Now select the Zip file of the ROM.
    6. Select the first option, Now the ROM will be installed.
    7. Now choose the “GO BACK” option (The last one) and then choose the first option - Now your phone will reboot
    8. If the installation succeeded, After few minutes your phone will boot up to the new ROM.
    How to install Google Apps or SuperSU -
    This guide is almost the same as installing ROM, you just don’t need to wipe your data :)
    This guide is also for installing kernel.
    1. Put Gapps/SuperSU on your SD card.
    2. Go to recovery by Turning off the device and then booting up the phone with POWER & Volume +
    3. Select the 2nd option and then 4th option.
    4. Now select the Zip file of the Gapps/SuperSU.
    5. Select the first option, Now Gapps/SuperSU will be installed.
    6. Now choose the “GO BACK” option (The last one) and then choose the first option - Now your phone will reboot
    7. If the installation succeeded, After a minute your phone will boot up with Gapps/SuperSU.
    8. You can check it by search in your apps for Google Play or SuperSU app.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhUNCXEc3xD4dHJEM21Yd201Z3dydjRwUFRsUUthWmc#gid=0
    this F.A.Q made by Yoavst ALL CREDITS GOES TO HIM, THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING.
    Okay, I bought the phone yesterday, and sincerely, I'm impressed. The hardware seems REALLY solid.

Btw, I started the bootloader research. You'll get some news when I'll find something interesting... and in the meanwhile..... http://www.eternityproject.eu/page/...ternityproject-supported-device-huawei-ho-r22

Thanks to everyone who donated to make this possible.

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    So, it's a long time, but I did it.

EternityProject's CyanogenMod is ready to be downloaded, but remember: this is an ALPHA release and it DOES contain some bugs.
    The bugs will be solved ASAP and probably in order of importance.

You can find our ROM here: http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/1107358-eternityprojects-cyanogenmod-101-for-huawei-honor-2/

Enjoy!

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    cyanogenmod getting closer ;)

Semi-working Cyanogenmod build; system.img courtesy of marco ;)

2v9q2wg.png

2ry6m1v.png

hrlv8y.png

Working:
    GUI
    Wifi is working
    Browser
    Haptic feedback
    Rotation sensor

Not working:
    phone functionality
    Bluetooth
    Reboot on accessing mobile networks
    Sound is not working
    Interface is a bit laggy
    Brightness controls don't work (automatic brightness is not selectable)
    internal sdcard is not detected / mounted yet
    Going to language settings crashes the phone.
    Wallpaper doesn't work
    Rest In Peace my beloved G615

Guys today is a sad day...
    Our phone (U9508) can't be boot-loader unlocked... Tried that today, at 1 AM and the phone died...:crying::crying::crying:
    Warranty here go!!!
    The procedure was made through CMD, flashing the little magic file that our great developer Kholk made ... and all went well until the moment of rebooting... It just didn't...:eek:
    Well I perfectly knew the risks and even so I've risked, it could have gone well but it went wrong, hell yeah, it was a really nice try with our friend Kholk "by my side" :highfive::good:

For me for the moment no tries in new rooms :crying: just wait for an answer of the store and see if they give me a new one or a fix in my battle machine!!! That for the moment is on the machines heaven :angel:

This once again, makes clear that unfortunately only Huawei has the power of unlocking the boot-loader...

So for the ones that haven't done it yet " DO IT HERE " what are you waiting for???

In the union there exists the power! :good: