[Q] bootloop after boot animation change

Search This thread

Dabesiv

May 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
So, I got my Venue rooted, and was changing the boot animation, had one I liked but it had pixelation from bad quality png files. I made a new one with better files, all the right resolution settings etc. anyways, I am now stuck in bootloop. I never imagined needing to make a backup for a boot animation so I am stuck for now. Can't access recovery mode, get the dead droid with the red exclamation mark. I have attempted to adb pull or push with no success, or even update to 4.3 from fastboot. I am completely out of ideas besides a warranty exchange from Dell, which I would rather not do. Anybody have something for a possible fix?

megaghostgamer

Nov 19, 2011
when you see the dead droid press volume up and down quickly back and forth and it should show up the recovery screen. From there I believe you could flash something with the update.zip. I could be wrong though..

Reactions: n8210c

Dabesiv

May 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
when you see the dead droid press volume up and down quickly back and forth and it should show up the recovery screen. From there I believe you could flash something with the update.zip. I could be wrong though..

I appreciate the attempt, but nothing happens with hitting the buttons, I have a second, identical venue and will attempt to pull the system files, recovery etc. over and flash them to the soft bricked one, hopefully that will work.

megaghostgamer

Nov 19, 2011
I appreciate the attempt, but nothing happens with hitting the buttons, I have a second, identical venue and will attempt to pull the system files, recovery etc. over and flash them to the soft bricked one, hopefully that will work.

I know for a fact there's a button combo to get past the droid with a ! . I do it with my droid razr m but I forgot how to bypass it.

deansouth8

May 17, 2011
Its kinda tricksy but all you have to do is at the ! Hold the vol + down then hold power at the same time. Let go of both pretty quick and Bob's you're uncle. It may take bunches of tries.

Sefrom my Venue 8 3830 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Dabesiv

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I got my Venue rooted, and was changing the boot animation, had one I liked but it had pixelation from bad quality png files. I made a new one with better files, all the right resolution settings etc. anyways, I am now stuck in bootloop. I never imagined needing to make a backup for a boot animation so I am stuck for now. Can't access recovery mode, get the dead droid with the red exclamation mark. I have attempted to adb pull or push with no success, or even update to 4.3 from fastboot. I am completely out of ideas besides a warranty exchange from Dell, which I would rather not do. Anybody have something for a possible fix?

I know for a fact there's a button combo to get past the droid with a ! . I do it with my droid razr m but I forgot how to bypass it.
    when at the droid on its back screen press volume up and power button for 2 seconds to enter recovery mode.