Google Map - Offline Maps

Search This thread

craige

Jul 30, 2009
I am travelling to a new country soon, and want to save map of tht city for offline viewing, but I simply cant seem to see that option anymore.

Please guide me, using latest updated version of Google Map.

PS: Is this option taken out ? Any alternatives ?

craige

Jul 30, 2009

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
Perfect mate !

Now please guide me, how can I

1] delete the cached map and
2] how can I specify how many MB of space I wana reserve for caching the map.

Any good alternatives other than google maps.... these google guys have messedup a perfectly working system it seems on the new versions.

It used to be in the menu... why is it hidden with a secret command..... wtf is going on with the world... eeverything is so fookin against end users nowadays.

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
I've used RMaps which you can download a city map to something daft like 3 feet, viewable offline, multiple map scales so you can zoom in/out offline, download via wifi, cached/downloaded maps saved to SDCard, GPS tracker and multiple maps to choose from including Google, Ordinance Survey Maps + more....

I use this before I run Google and can have clear street view before I've set foot out of the door ;)

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C

cliver

Feb 11, 2010
Potton, Sandy, Bedfordshire
I use navigator. It doesn't need a data connection because you download maps either paid or free (I use the free ones and they are fine). I found even when Google maps let you download a map you still couldn't navigate on it without a data connection anyway. Which made it kind of pointless.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

craige

Jul 30, 2009
I just made a search in Google play for apps suggested above "RMaps" and "Navigator" and I am not able to find app as such on the play store.... ?

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
Or get an alternative app?

Personally I like MapsWithMe. It doesn't run on Google Maps but on OpenStreetMap.org, which means it's quite a lot more accurate and extensive. (Even lists benches and power lines.) Just a suggestion. :)

I tried it and it looks nice but it is not for voice guided navigation

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
I use citymaps 2go pro, used it many times in france without data.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

craige

Jul 30, 2009
I have tried all maps mentioned here, but none of them are as smooth and easy to understand as Google maps. Most of them are slow and laggy and also take forever to load location names and details.

Now I would be stuck without wifi and now wonder what to do....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/3273567

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Personally I like MapsWithMe. It doesn't run on Google Maps but on OpenStreetMap.org, which means it's quite a lot more accurate and extensive. (Even lists benches and power lines.) Just a suggestion. :)

Thanks for the tip - never heard of it before, just tried it and it's excellent - time to ditch CoPilot;)