[XPOSDE MODULE] 3dot menu mod

Search This thread

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
*** This mod is designed for device / rom that didn't have a onscreen navbar (i.e.: samsung rom) ***
If your rom already have a navbar, you should already have 3dot menu enabled and enabling this mod will only hide your navbar!

This mod will enable 3dot menu button in all application (using a 0 height navbar), enjoy!

Side effects:
  • Samsung use fixed layout for their apps, and when a navbar is enabled we got unexpected results, can't do nothing about this... (see screenshot)
  • after enebling the mod screenshot combination change to AOSP style: Power+MenuDown

Read here for more info about 3dot menus: http://android-developers.blogspot.it/2012/01/say-goodbye-to-menu-button.html
Special thanks to Tungstwenty for this

Xposed Module Repository: LINK

Attachments

• Xposed3dotMod.apk
    153.6 KB · Views: 19,525
  • Screenshot_2013-09-14-18-25-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-14-18-25-41.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 91,183
  • Screenshot_2013-09-14-18-25-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-14-18-25-55.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 76,118
  • Screenshot_2013-09-14-18-26-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-14-18-26-58.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 82,813
  • Screenshot_2013-09-15-01-49-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-15-01-49-52.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 65,023
  • Screenshot_2013-09-15-09-42-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-15-09-42-15.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 76,627
Last edited:

mad3963

Feb 2, 2007
Pickerington, Ohio, USA
OnePlus 9 Pro
Really wanted to use this, but when I enable it and reboot, I repeatedly get the error message "Unfortunately, SystemUI has stopped". The taskbar does not load and my phone is extremely slow.

I'm running stock rooted VZW SGS4.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk 4

angel_strife

Jul 17, 2010
Major issue with Samsung rom (s3).
Recent apps menu does not show ( long press menu). Also the contacts (phone app) are overlapped by the menu button, cannot see the first contact.

Canot take screenshots either...

Otherwise, great idea and app.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
Your package will not install from the xposed installer...claims: Package name is incorrect. Downloaded it.tnx.xposednavbarmod Expected it.tnx.xposednavAbarmod

my typo, sorry
updated

Really wanted to use this, but when I enable it and reboot, I repeatedly get the error message "Unfortunately, SystemUI has stopped". The taskbar does not load and my phone is extremely slow.

I'm running stock rooted VZW SGS4.

try to disable other modules, if any
then send me a logcat, i'll try to find the problem

Recent apps menu does not show ( long press menu).

I use an S3 4.2.1 (wanam) for deploy and have no issue with long press
try to disable other modules, if any

Also the contacts (phone app) are overlapped by the menu button, cannot see the first contact.

Thank you for reporting, I'm using other dialer app so I haven't noticed before
Samsung use fixed layout for their apps, and when a navbar is enabled we got unexpected results, can't do nothing about this...

I've notice this too adding my last screenshot yesterday: after enebling the mod screenshot combination change to AOSP style: Power+MenuDown

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
I think you can modify the layout with a Xposed mod... ;)
See my thread for changed layout of Xperia apps with 0px navbar.

yes, sure, you can do almost everything with xposed :cool:

but I don't use samsung apps and I have no time to study each layout version for each devices and keep them updated...this is a generic mod...

Last edited:

c3k

Sep 13, 2009
One way is disabling the navbar, but if you don't have phisical button this is not possible

I don't known other methods at the moment

Census Taker

Jun 7, 2008
Chinnor
yes, sure, you can do almost everything with xposed :cool:

but I don't use samsung apps and I have no time to study each layout version for each devices and keep them updated...this is a generic mod...

Would it be practical to include a 'blacklist' feature which could be used to exclude apps like the Samsung ones which cause a problem with the screen layout?

Apart from this issue this is a great module!

c3k

Sep 13, 2009

haris182

May 4, 2011
Jakarta
Can anyone mirror it?
My stupid operator blocked xda attachments!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

the_wookie

Jun 8, 2009
Chicago
Have same long press issues as well for recent apps. Have tried several ROMs for the T-Mobile S3 T999, all running 4.1.x Touchwiz base (need WiFi calling).
Long press opens Google voice search or s-voice depending on install

Recent apps menu does not show ( long press menu). Also the contacts (phone app) are overlapped by the menu button, cannot see the first contact.

Otherwise, great idea and app.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** This mod is designed for device / rom that didn't have a onscreen navbar (i.e.: samsung rom) ***
    If your rom already have a navbar, you should already have 3dot menu enabled and enabling this mod will only hide your navbar!

This mod will enable 3dot menu button in all application (using a 0 height navbar), enjoy!

Side effects:
    • Samsung use fixed layout for their apps, and when a navbar is enabled we got unexpected results, can't do nothing about this... (see screenshot)
    • after enebling the mod screenshot combination change to AOSP style: Power+MenuDown

Read here for more info about 3dot menus: http://android-developers.blogspot.it/2012/01/say-goodbye-to-menu-button.html
    Special thanks to Tungstwenty for this

Xposed Module Repository: LINK
    I lost the menu button functionality in Tw lanucher menu. The menu disappeared I can't change background , theme or s-view color anymore and no ability to take screenshots with home+ on/off button. Please release a mod for removing 3 dots from specific system apps like SecLanucher or add blacklists functionality. Thanks
    No, it's a guideline suggested since android 3.0 honeycomb, so the app had to support it.

Read here for more info:
    http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2012/01/say-goodbye-to-menu-button.html
    Xposed Module Repository link added to OP
    this module only enable the navbar, then the system consequently activate the button

since I've made it lot of things change in Android and I think that this trick will not work in recent release