[RECOVERY][22 DEC] Unofficial TWRP v2.0.0 Early Beta [Full Touch][Theme Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
logo-teamwin.png

INTRODUCTION:

Hey guys! I'll keep updating this thread with the lastest news from developer kbzona, responsible for making this port for our beloved P500. Team Win Recovery Project 2.0, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

KEY FEATURES:

• Ability to save custom recovery settings
  • Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
  • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
  • Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
  • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
  • Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
  • And many more!...

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Testing Phase
  • USB Storage is not working yet.
  • Wiping of Data is not working.
  • Invalid or corrupt zip files will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)
  • Zip files that install more data than free space is available will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)

SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS:

• kbzona - for his wonderful port for our P500
  • TWRP2 Development Team - agrabren, Dees_Troy, ViViDboarder, AssassinsLament
  • Toastcfh - for his underappreciated dedication to the community
  • s0up, kevank - for their hard work on the web side of things.
  • Amon_RA - for his great Recovery
  • Koush - for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod
  • For all the help with devices and testing - Akmzero, arif-ali, Evil_DevNull, gus6464, Jesusice, Pyrostic, [R], Rootzwiki
  • The rest of Team Win - shift, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, and eyeballer

35bgmr7.png
258yqeq.png

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
INSTALLATION:
  • Download TWRP v2.0.0 - Early Beta below.
  • Download Stock Theme or Glossy Theme (You HAVE to pick one of these to fix misplaced text on recovery. It's a temporary fix for now)
  • Rename it to ui.zip
  • Create this path on SDCARD: /sdcard/TWRP/theme/
  • Put ui.zip inside it.
  • Restart to Recovery
  • Flash TWRP v2.0.0 - Early Beta
  • Reboot Recovery and Enjoy =D

CHANGELOG:

RED - Testing Release
BLUE - Stable Release

2011-12-22 - v2.0.0 Early Beta --- DOWNLOAD LINK ---
  • BUG: USB Storage is not working.
  • BUG: Wiping of Data is not working.
  • Initial release of TWRP 2
  • Full GUI touchscreen with buttons and XML engine
  • Fixed sdcard free space checking
  • Fixed bugs with MD5 zip file checking
  • Now check more places for a serial number
  • Too many fixes versus TWRP 1.1.1 to list

Last edited:

dnle71

Nov 9, 2011
1st Blood....:)

___Optimus One P-500___

ROM: adfad666's CM7.2-RC0
KERNEL: franco19.4-gbs.v19.2-bfs
Clock Freq: 245-768
GOVERNOR: Ondemand
QUADRANT: 1378
A2SD: Link2sd

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
id be careful about posting a link to an external site. that was how the previous thread on twrp recovery (found here) was closed.

Reactions: MaKTaiL

Jgreenmusic

Sep 14, 2011
Danbury
I JUST flashed twrp recovery for the first time today And I gotta say....I dig it more then clockwork AND amon ra. Is this recovery compatible with the usual line up of roms?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

TakamineSubasa

Sep 4, 2011
Who knows a bug may happen, such as you touch one button but it wasn't the one you intended and for the confirmations, you know some users don't read them/ignore them or just used to keep on touching and oh noes.....

Lol, well yeah, it can happen, anyway physical keys are also not free from accidents, users can accidentaly press a key twice and bum!, formated something he didnt wanted to..... So yeah either using touch screen or physical keys you're still not free of an accidental action....

What would be the best is to have access to both touch and physical keys... @MakTail: seems you have some contact with TWRP dev, maybe you could tell him this suggestion and see if he can implement it

And i still prefer having a touch interface, in case something happens to the menu key :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Words from kbzona himself:

1) No ETA's yet.
2) Yes it's going to have multi-rom
2) I really don't know about this physical buttons, since all UI code was rewritten and revamped i really dont know if there's still support for both physical buttons and touch in the GUI build, anyway still i will be able to build a non-GUI version of TWRP 2.0 for those who wants the lastest TWRP but with old interface... (I'll talk to a TeamWin dev to see if GUI version (since GUI code is closed souce unfortunately) still has physical key support so maybe i can make a dual interface that is changeable on the fly).

Last edited:
Reactions: shrewdgeek

shrewdgeek

Aug 28, 2011
shrewdgeek.com
Words from kbzona himself:

1) No ETA's yet.
2) Yes it's going to have multi-rom
2) I really don't know about this physical buttons, since all UI code was rewritten and revamped i really dont know if there's still support for both physical buttons and touch in the GUI build, anyway still i will be able to build a non-GUI version of TWRP 2.0 for those who wants the lastest TWRP but with old interface... (I'll talk to a TeamWin dev to see if GUI version (since GUI code is closed souce unfortunately) still has physical key support so maybe i can make a dual interface that is changeable on the fly).
that means the touchable boxes wont be there in the port for O1

Taranis

Aug 31, 2011
Poland
I have SGS today and I miss TWRP.
SGS is very popular, but there is only ClockworkMod recovery and it's, comparing to TWRP, terrible.

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
First post updated with a small video showing off all features available on TWRP 2.0.
It's not from our phone, but everything you see there will be exactly the same (plus MultiROM).

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Official news:

- Source wont be available till post new year, so multi-rom and other additional custom features (listed below) wont be available until then...
- Recovery maintains it's code for physical keys, so a switch to enable them would be perfectly doable...
- TeamWin is trying to compile a testing version cuz the lastest code commits screwed booting on O1, now we are in the process to see which of the lastest commits is guilty...

So we will have a working test version ASAP

Port news (After source is released):

° Many features from RZRecovery will be added:
- Recovery overclock (potentially increase backup/restoring times)
- Plugin support (This is, ability to run custom shell scripts)
- Others i dont remember right now but i consider useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-teamwin.png

INTRODUCTION:

Hey guys! I'll keep updating this thread with the lastest news from developer kbzona, responsible for making this port for our beloved P500. Team Win Recovery Project 2.0, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

KEY FEATURES:

• Ability to save custom recovery settings
    • Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
    • Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    • Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    • And many more!...

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Testing Phase
    • USB Storage is not working yet.
    • Wiping of Data is not working.
    • Invalid or corrupt zip files will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)
    • Zip files that install more data than free space is available will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)

SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS:

• kbzona - for his wonderful port for our P500
    • TWRP2 Development Team - agrabren, Dees_Troy, ViViDboarder, AssassinsLament
    • Toastcfh - for his underappreciated dedication to the community
    • s0up, kevank - for their hard work on the web side of things.
    • Amon_RA - for his great Recovery
    • Koush - for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod
    • For all the help with devices and testing - Akmzero, arif-ali, Evil_DevNull, gus6464, Jesusice, Pyrostic, [R], Rootzwiki
    • The rest of Team Win - shift, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, and eyeballer

35bgmr7.png
    258yqeq.png
    INSTALLATION:
    • Download TWRP v2.0.0 - Early Beta below.
    • Download Stock Theme or Glossy Theme (You HAVE to pick one of these to fix misplaced text on recovery. It's a temporary fix for now)
    • Rename it to ui.zip
    • Create this path on SDCARD: /sdcard/TWRP/theme/
    • Put ui.zip inside it.
    • Restart to Recovery
    • Flash TWRP v2.0.0 - Early Beta
    • Reboot Recovery and Enjoy =D

CHANGELOG:

RED - Testing Release
    BLUE - Stable Release

2011-12-22 - v2.0.0 Early Beta --- DOWNLOAD LINK ---
    • BUG: USB Storage is not working.
    • BUG: Wiping of Data is not working.
    • Initial release of TWRP 2
    • Full GUI touchscreen with buttons and XML engine
    • Fixed sdcard free space checking
    • Fixed bugs with MD5 zip file checking
    • Now check more places for a serial number
    • Too many fixes versus TWRP 1.1.1 to list
    TWRP v2.0.0 Early Beta RELEASED!
    Install instructions and download link on first post!
    kbzona has provided two themes. You have to use one of them in order to fix UI misplacments (texts out of the boxes, etc).

ENJOY. :)
    Official news:

- Source wont be available till post new year, so multi-rom and other additional custom features (listed below) wont be available until then...
    - Recovery maintains it's code for physical keys, so a switch to enable them would be perfectly doable...
    - TeamWin is trying to compile a testing version cuz the lastest code commits screwed booting on O1, now we are in the process to see which of the lastest commits is guilty...

So we will have a working test version ASAP

Port news (After source is released):

° Many features from RZRecovery will be added:
    - Recovery overclock (potentially increase backup/restoring times)
    - Plugin support (This is, ability to run custom shell scripts)
    - Others i dont remember right now but i consider useful
    1st Blood....:)

___Optimus One P-500___

ROM: adfad666's CM7.2-RC0
    KERNEL: franco19.4-gbs.v19.2-bfs
    Clock Freq: 245-768
    GOVERNOR: Ondemand
    QUADRANT: 1378
    A2SD: Link2sd