MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

Z23

Aug 25, 2011
I will glady help you to answer your question.

First: Open Playstore, read MXPlayer Pro app description to find out the features differing Pro from non Pro version.

Second: Read the first six words of this threat to learn what this codec does.

Third: Decide if this codec is of use for you.

Required time: Less then five minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaulFels

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Is the neon codec still valueable for mx player pro?
See post 2135. That answers your questions.

I will glady help you to answer your question.

First: Open Playstore, read MXPlayer Pro app description to find out the features differing Pro from non Pro version.

Second: Read the first six words of this threat to learn what this codec does.

Third: Decide if this codec is of use for you.

Required time: Less then five minutes.

You probably know this, but for others to know...

the only difference between the "pro" and free version is lack of ads. There's nothing better, no additional functionality, nothing more "professional" about it.

The devs of the app even say that. See post 2135.

Last edited:

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
See post 2135. That answers your questions.

You probably know this, but for others to know...

the only difference between the "pro" and free version is lack of ads. There's nothing better, no additional functionality, noting more "professional" about it.

The devs of the app even say that. See post 2135.

Thanks I searched the thread before posted. Might be a good FAQ entry...
@USBhost

Noor9933

Nov 21, 2016
Kharagpur
Nokia 8.1
Watch the movies in mx player 1080p mkv format with DTS audio and 5.1 audio track.My mobile is moto defy arm v7 1.1GHz

vocal sound not clear . Custom codec installed.

Pls help me to enjoy DD.5.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-11-04-05-56-530_com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-11-04-05-56-530_com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,179
  • Screenshot_2017-08-11-06-36-53-081_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-11-06-36-53-081_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 1,186

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
U don't need the custom codec for Dolby Digital. That's just your standard ac3 track. You need the custom codec for DTS playback.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Reactions: MatteoB92

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
Start up mx player, go to decoder and right at the bottom it'll tell you which one you need.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hikerjim

Aug 12, 2017
I have version 1.9.3 and it doesn't play ac3. I've rebooted my device and did an uninstall then reinstall but still no sound. I get the message about ac3 audio not supported. Please let me know if there is a way to make it work. My phone is a Huawei honor 6x with Nougat. Thanks.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I have version 1.9.3 and it doesn't play ac3. I've rebooted my device and did an uninstall then reinstall but still no sound. I get the message about ac3 audio not supported. Please let me know if there is a way to make it work. My phone is a Huawei honor 6x with Nougat. Thanks.
You reinstalled from Google Play store? You no longer need custom codec for AC3. Go ask Google Play dev why it's not working.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
That isn't an answer I was expecting. Is there another option?
I tried switching the hardware and software decoders but no luck.
Thanks!
This custom codec thread is now just for DTS, since AC3 no longer needs custom codec to play (since April 2017).

I don't know why yours isn't playing AC3, but I don't see how it has anything to do with this custom codec.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatteoB92

ZonFireTV

Jun 16, 2017
Which version should I use to work on Fire TV?
Getting a codec error when I side loaded 1.9.3 from MX player official website.

shaleenag

Dec 24, 2013
Currently 1.8.21 (ARMv7 Neon)

thanks, man. 1.8.6 still able to work. but i confuse why the latest won't work on my mx player. maybe i should go for a pro version
The latest won't work because it is made for 1.9 versions u need to install previous versions of the codec search around in this thread and you will find the links and if u have the latest version of mx then I suggest to download the aio file.....

galen2

Sep 28, 2012
I have mx player pro and tegra 3 device, when i open it say u have tegra3 codec 1.9.2 and u need 1.9.4. On play store i have latest installed and cant locate tegra3 codec 1.9.4 here, what i have to do?

EDIT: i reinstaled mx player 1.9.4 + codec and now is working

EDIT2: just updated to mx player pro 1.9.5 and again it wants tegra3 codec 1.9.4 and i cant find that version.

Last edited:

InvalidDNA

Nov 16, 2016
I have mx player pro and tegra 3 device, when i open it say u have tegra3 codec 1.9.2 and u need 1.9.4. On play store i have latest installed and cant locate tegra3 codec 1.9.4 here, what i have to do?

EDIT: i reinstaled mx player 1.9.4 + codec and now is working

EDIT2: just updated to mx player pro 1.9.5 and again it wants tegra3 codec 1.9.4 and i cant find that version.

I have 1.9.5 & Custom Codec 1.9.0 works here.
Probably the error message is about Tegra2 standard codec pack from Google, not relevant to custom codec.
@USBhost
Looks like MX Player drops support for more codecs. It will be better if you can change the title accordingly.
may be something like "MX Player Custom Codec to restore support for all unsupported codecs";)

Reactions: ChazzMatt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.