[Q] Problems with Virtuous Roms

Search This thread

eddiegame

Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere in Saxony
Hello Guys,
Ive Got a Problem, thats why i'm here.

Ive got a Rooted HTC Desire Z (data under my Question)
and everytime I want to flash a Rom from VIrtous or with Virtous Basement
I get a Blackscreen at rebooting, other Roms are working (like CM9)
And because thats very weird I want to ask the Pro's :eek:

Data:
- Hboot-0.84.2000 (PC1011000)
- 4Ext Recovery System

Thanx Eddiegame
(and if theres a [Q] existing, it wouldnt help cauz my Cell is very crazy)

crestofawave

Dec 17, 2011
Heraklion
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Even Virtuous Sense 2.0.0?

I presume you have set up and have a grasp of how to use adb. If you haven't, look up a guide in our forum.

So, does adb recognize your device while it's trying to boot? (You can confirm this if you run "adb devices" ) If it does, what output are you getting when running "adb logcat"?

Sent from my DZ.

eddiegame

Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere in Saxony
Jes i know how to use adb
and i tested with the Primadonna Rom
and it Said :

Code:
- waiting for device -

error: protocol fault (no status)

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

and the "error" is coming, when the blackscreen starts ...

mh09ad5578

Apr 16, 2012
hi, i am trying to flash the sense Android Revolution HD with HTC Sense 3.5 rom as posted by you on my G2 but it after installation it gets stuck at the htc boot screen, amazingly this happens with all sense 3.5 roms like CoreDroid v1.3, Virtuous Affinity etc. but roms like CM7 - PyroMod etc. are installed and run pretty ok(ok the andriod process keeps crashing while calling), could you put some light on the matter. i am new to this previously the g2 was running the mexdroid rom and i brought it online. i really want the phone to run HTC stock rom or similar coz i love the look and the feel of it. any guidance on the same would be greatly appreicated. cant post on the form coz i still dont have the rights to do so.'
TIA,
regards,
abhijeet:)

crestofawave

Dec 17, 2011
Heraklion
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I suggest against 3.5 entirely, it's way too bloated to run smoothly on our phones.

There's plenty of Sense 4.0 development. The ROM's we have right now are blazing fast and pretty much everything works, except for camera. Won't take long till we have fully functional Sense 4.0 ROM's.

So my advice is to stick with Stock (Virtuous Sense 2.0.0), until Camera works in Sense 4.0. Also, flash the Unity kernel, I have v9 on mediafire (can't find v10 right now).

Eddiegame, in case you haven't tried that ROM then please do. It's stock with Virtuous kernel/tweaks.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
hi, i am trying to flash the sense Android Revolution HD with HTC Sense 3.5 rom as posted by you on my G2 but it after installation it gets stuck at the htc boot screen, amazingly this happens with all sense 3.5 roms like CoreDroid v1.3, Virtuous Affinity etc. but roms like CM7 - PyroMod etc. are installed and run pretty ok(ok the andriod process keeps crashing while calling), could you put some light on the matter. i am new to this previously the g2 was running the mexdroid rom and i brought it online. i really want the phone to run HTC stock rom or similar coz i love the look and the feel of it. any guidance on the same would be greatly appreicated. cant post on the form coz i still dont have the rights to do so.'
TIA,
regards,
abhijeet:)

Might need to flash the dz hboot. The system partition needs to be larger for many sense roms

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium