Bricked Note 2 - help needed

Search This thread

alexandruvlad

Mar 10, 2010
Bucharest
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello

Got a Note 2 (N7100), boots up to the Samsung Logo and stays like that, basically that's called a soft-brick?
I'm familiar to Odin flashing, custom recovery flashing and so on - what are the steps to be done here?
Is there anything like a stock recovery ROM you can point me at, that i can flash using ODIN & the steps to follow?

Thanks very much, really appreciated
:good:

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Hello

Got a Note 2 (N7100), boots up to the Samsung Logo and stays like that, basically that's called a soft-brick?
I'm familiar to Odin flashing, custom recovery flashing and so on - what are the steps to be done here?
Is there anything like a stock recovery ROM you can point me at, that i can flash using ODIN & the steps to follow?

Thanks very much, really appreciated
:good:

Download mode > flash philz v5.00.5 through odin > download custom rom > go to recovery > flash the custom ROM > when everything works you can choose to keep using the rom or to get a stock one from Sammobile.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

alexandruvlad

Mar 10, 2010
Bucharest
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Download mode > flash philz v5.00.5 through odin > download custom rom > go to recovery > flash the custom ROM > when everything works you can choose to keep using the rom or to get a stock one from Sammobile.

Shouldn't I install a stock rom first (using PIT file + repartition, if it doesn't boot up without repartition ticked - for example) ?

Thanks a lot for your help:)

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Shouldn't I install a stock rom first (using PIT file + repartition, if it doesn't boot up without repartition ticked - for example) ?

Thanks a lot for your help:)

The method I put is the extra safe method so u won't be bothered with hard stuff, do it and it should work, or at least just get out of the bootloop u r into.

alexandruvlad

Mar 10, 2010
Bucharest
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The method I put is the extra safe method so u won't be bothered with hard stuff, do it and it should work, or at least just get out of the bootloop u r into.

Many thanks, just worried because i got the phone in this condition for a very affordable price and wanted to fix it someone after reading here on the forum that it's really hard to permanently damage a Note 2 phone, especially when the Samsung Logo boots up.

Hopefully it will work properly after i try the offered method

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Many thanks, just worried because i got the phone in this condition for a very affordable price and wanted to fix it someone after reading here on the forum that it's really hard to permanently damage a Note 2 phone, especially when the Samsung Logo boots up.

Keep me updated and good luck, please remember that custom roms like DittoNote3 or phoenix really enhance Ur experience, giving u the note 3 features and many other options, good luck.

With Regards,
Overdub

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Also please remember that you need philz 5.00.5 not the latest one, the latest one won't boot (not for me) and philz 5.00.5 is a very successful version of philz.

alexandruvlad

Mar 10, 2010
Bucharest
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Keep me updated and good luck, please remember that custom roms like DittoNote3 or phoenix really enhance Ur experience, giving u the note 3 features and many other options, good luck.

With Regards,
Overdub

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Also please remember that you need philz 5.00.5 not the latest one, the latest one won't boot (not for me) and philz 5.00.5 is a very successful version of philz.

Thanks a lot, just found that version!
Looking forward on bringing good news!