Stupid AT&T People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

teeth_03

Dec 8, 2011
So, went into a local store that happened to be franchised to look at the Padfone X. The girl tried to tell me the phone was $300 and the station was an *additional* $300. I tried to tell her that its 200 for both but she wasn't having any of it. She also tried to tell me its a piece of junk yet they didn't have either a working demo (only a hunk of plastic shell) or any in stock, yet she knows its a piece of junk...right...and I thought sales people werent supposed to bash the products they sell.

Clearly from all the video reviews, they come together in the same box, so this particular franchise chain of AT&T stores are ran by idiots. I think I'm going to stick to corporate stores from now on.

/rant

jzsidebott

Apr 23, 2011
So, went into a local store that happened to be franchised to look at the Padfone X. The girl tried to tell me the phone was $300 and the station was an *additional* $300. I tried to tell her that its 200 for both but she wasn't having any of it. She also tried to tell me its a piece of junk yet they didn't have either a working demo (only a hunk of plastic shell) or any in stock, yet she knows its a piece of junk...right...and I thought sales people werent supposed to bash the products they sell.

Clearly from all the video reviews, they come together in the same box, so this particular franchise chain of AT&T stores are ran by idiots. I think I'm going to stick to corporate stores from now on.

/rant

Just so you know.. If you went to an Authorized retailer, they ARE NOT ATT PEOPLE. They are not even trained by ATT. Please correct your title.

DTR204

Jan 26, 2011
Wilmington
Don't go to authorized retailers. Stick with the cor stores. You will be much better off

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk 2

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Vivo Nex
Don't go to authorized retailers. Stick with the cor stores. You will be much better off

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk 2

I went to a corporate store and the guy knew less about the padfone than I did. They also had no working model available and none to buy outright. Yeah, stupid AT&T is right.

Last edited:

zackzuse

May 1, 2011
Saginaw
I went to a corporate store and the guy knew less about the padfone than I did. They also had no working model available and none to buy outright. Yeah, stupid AT&T is right.

I have a corporate store near a Best Buy. The people at that store know their stuff, but sometimes Best Buy has a better out the door price.

This ATT store new all about the Padfone X, had a working model and could barely keep them on the shelves.

LockeCPM4

Jun 27, 2008
Michigan
www.att.com
FYI, authorized dealers are in fact trained by at&t. I have worked for both COR and Dealer. There is really no difference in training.

I will say that it is entirely possible to run into idiots at any cell phone store. I have worked along side people who have NO idea what they are talking about.

Either way, when I hire new reps, If they are not tech savvy enough to know what they are talking about and cannot learn what they need to in a reasonable amount of time I promote them to customer very quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

Status
Not open for further replies.