[INFO] - MeeGo Port on HD2 - Started!

Search This thread

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
I knew this is not about Android Development, but HD2 XDA, dont have another part to post about other SO developments.

I have read today in irc, that Cotulla, NetRipper and Dcordes, are going star today the project of porting Meego to HD2.

Lets see who gona have the meeGo on device, HD2 or Nexus(who start as well a project).

I would love to see meego in my HD2.

handset-image.png

Cotulla as done his work in NAND project, like he did in SPL and HSPL, now the issues of wifi must be done by other devs, because in cotulla device works fine.

800px-Nexus3.jpg

Last edited:

zarathustrax

Aug 29, 2007
SouthSide of Chicago
Awesome, I've been waiting for this. It will be an easier full-fledged Linux distro to use on our hd2s than ubuntu, as its meant for phones.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
if its the nokia modified image I will be a very satisfied camper (have you seen it? I mean my god it looks amazing)
but meego in itself is a good thing on our hd2...I can't wait because this is a true linux mobile OS to grace our phones
I heard there were issues in the 3d department from qualcomm so I'm not sure how it will function on the hd2
on the n1 it is a bit slow...

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
OMG .. FIRST ANDROID AND NOW MEEGO ?! :eek:

Even Money (Donations) can't show how much we ALL APPRECIATE THE WORK !!

WELL DONE ! :D

(I'm going to be the first who try it :) hope so ! )

bracken21

Sep 20, 2006
Amazing news, I have been waiting for this more than Android since my HD2 is only used a 2nd phone now. Big thanks to the Devs

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
Still a long way to go though, since calls part based on alsa is just far from being usable...

They talk alot about, that ALSA.

can someony explain to us, what is ALSA.

But you know, for cotulla nothing is impossible.....he is the only one, who have NAND android all funcionality.....with wifi.

HectiQ

May 11, 2010
omg if this IS in fact true, I hope it's true (l) this would be more than amazing :D I can't believe what I'm reading __happiness__

zarathustrax

Aug 29, 2007
SouthSide of Chicago
what exactly is meego? and what are the advantages of having it on my hd2?

Search Google. It's a high end Linux based phone OS being developed by Nokia and Intel. Unlike android, its a full fledged Linux distro, and is designed for small screens, so its another good option of phone OS that we could run on our hd2s. It will be great to have wm6.5, android, ubuntu, meego, and wp7 all able to boot on our phones. It gives a lot of choice.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey kawazaki; so, right now there's no real good reason to try this yourself. If enough people want, I'll post better instructions, maybe a zip file with my OS image, but as I blogged, there's no touch input yet.

I'm hoping to sync up with Cotulla at some stage as he got the Ubuntu touchscreen driver working afaik. MeeGo's X.org setup seems pretty different from Ubuntu's, or else I'd just copy that over.

You can boot it with either haret or magldr (from the SD card), like I said I used the kernel from the Ubuntu port (MeeGo is really just a Linux distro, so should work on any modern Linux kernel, and I knew the Ubuntu one works ok).

-S

Edit:
    You need an Ubuntu 10.04 machine to build the MeeGo root filesystem image, and then mount it and edit it (adding X.org config, adbd, etc), it's a relatively easy process but pretty complicated. If you don't know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend trying it.
    Not to excite anyone, but I have the touchscreen mostly working now. Fixing some minor details…
    Meego isnt released yet,

still under development?:confused: