[GAME][UPDATED][25-11-2010] Pokemon Game for android V3.7 (wvga,hvga and qvga)

Search This thread

jenod

Feb 2, 2009
chennai
Hello friends,

This is my second app for android. So i decided to do a simple game. Its a pokemon battle game. Its still under developmental stage. But the basic concept has been designed. I need your feedbacks to work more on this.. :)

And currently i dont have a device to test it. but it works fine on a emulator.So please test it.

Now its available in market place too. so please try it and RATE IT ;)

vFINAL

-elite 4 is built
-added some more pokemons
-potions heal stamina too

Download link
http://androidappsandgames.blogspot.in/2010/11/android-game-pokemon.html

-no more bugs
-all cities have different colour now

v3.7
-all 8 cities are built
-new pokemons
-50+ pokemons
-pc box to store pokemons
-zapdos added

v3.3

-added new cities
-added new pokmons
-added stamina bar
-bugs fixed
-now you can buy potions

v3.0.1(MAJOR update)

-works on all screens
-added map
-save and load function
-pokecenter
-pokemart added
-added many pokemons
-health bar added

How to install:

1)download the PokemonGmaeWVGAv1.2.apk file
2)put the file in Android\AndroidApps
3)Reboot

[OR]

1)Copy the file to storage card
2)Install it using your file explorer
:)

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,103
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,439
Last edited:
Reactions: !PANDA

Memorion

Sep 16, 2010
I just downloaded it, but I installed it simply with an filemanager without rebooting.

It works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S I9000, keep on working :)

typedink

Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix
I tried it on my MyTouch 3G loads fine however it seems my phone dont work with it well. I only see part of the screen, nice work though.

spence341

Aug 16, 2010
Milford
Downloading, will report back

Works fine on Droid Incredible. Needs to be more interaction though. Looks like a good start.
Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

IronArcher6

May 7, 2009
Just downloaded and installed it as I would've done with any other app and it works fine.

Bit boring though :p

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

kwhee07

Jul 2, 2007
Downloaded and installed through default app manager with no reboot. Works well, the only issue I saw was when you 'win the tournament' theres a typo.

Galaxy S Captivate running cognition

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
Just installed on my SGS, seems like everythings working.

Thoughts:
1) As stated above its spelled "Vine Whip" not "vine wipe"
2) The layout is hideous. I mean your Pokemon's HP and your pokemon should be on the left side VS the opponent's stats and opponents picture on the right. Right now its too cluttered and confusing.
3) "YOU WON and Dou you want to continue" - self explanatory
4) All moves names should be in capital or first letter in capitol
5) Game has no icon/picture (when installed you just have the vanilla android box and "Pokemon" written beneath)
6) Quite plain/boring ... there is nothing going for it at the moment
7) I have some ideas on how to make this very cool, stay tuned for my reply :)

Just installed on my SGS, seems like everythings working.

Thoughts:
1) As stated above its spelled "Vine Whip" not "vine wipe"
2) The layout is hideous. I mean your Pokemon's HP and your pokemon should be on the left side VS the opponent's stats and opponents picture on the right. Right now its too cluttered and confusing.
3) "YOU WON and Dou you want to continue" - self explanatory
4) All moves names should be in capital or first letter in capitol
5) Game has no icon/picture (when installed you just have the vanilla android box and "Pokemon" written beneath)
6) Quite plain/boring ... there is nothing going for it at the moment
7) I have some ideas on how to make this very cool, stay tuned for my reply :)

+1

Also, while it did run on my Hero, it did start off slow and with a FC message, but I told it to wait. Obv because the Hero is not WVGA (at least I don't think it is) the display was cropped in very odd ways. I had about 1/2 of the Tackle command. Anyway.

Especially since you are using licensed images, Nintendo is going to tell you to stop. My suggestion? Keep trying to do what you're doing, but change the names and pictures. Draw stick figures if you have to. Rename Squirtle to Squortle or something. Call it Pokepon. Better though to change course now while you don't have much and you haven't been C&D'd yet.

Good luck

kingjovius

May 2, 2010
I dont own an android device but isnt there a gba emulator? and wouldn't it be better playing it on that?

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
+1

Also, while it did run on my Hero, it did start off slow and with a FC message, but I told it to wait. Obv because the Hero is not WVGA (at least I don't think it is) the display was cropped in very odd ways. I had about 1/2 of the Tackle command. Anyway.

Especially since you are using licensed images, Nintendo is going to tell you to stop. My suggestion? Keep trying to do what you're doing, but change the names and pictures. Draw stick figures if you have to. Rename Squirtle to Squortle or something. Call it Pokepon. Better though to change course now while you don't have much and you haven't been C&D'd yet.

Good luck

+1

Yeah you should take that advice.
1) Change the name to PockeMon
2) Keep the pokemons' names original (Squirtle, Bulbasaur etc) ... Nintendo cannot do anything about this ;)
3) Change the pictures of every pokemon to fan made ones (obviously Nintendo cannot own fan made illustrations or intellectual property) and you can find heaps on the internet just Google for it.
4) Now that we've established this, also do not use anything Nintendo owns (you can find alternatives on the internet) ... with these modifications you wont get a C&D warning.
5) Food for thought; if this is all that your game is going to do it will be a let down. You can scrap the project OR go ahead with just these gameplay = dissapointment OR expand!

6) Expand to make your game an action-strategy Pockemon game!
How?
Make it a 2.5D game based on an isometric view.
+The player controls the movement of the animal/monster with the Trackball/keyboard(GameGripper)
+The player has 4 available moves that are on-screen buttons
+1 button is to evade attacks; jump OR fly (birds) OR dig (certain pockemons like diglet)
+3 buttons are customizable for attacks (eg tackle, ember, sandattack)
+There is a stamina bar (instead of attack limits) and each attack costs differed stamina from your bar but your bar slowly increases when used
+Hitting the trackball/defined key pauses the arena and goes into your inventory where you can choose (Change Pet, Rations, Retreat match)

And what you have is a strategic game that forces you (action) to control your pet, which gives the game a totally different experience from Pokemon games (Red, Blue, Silver etc) but one that is also quite fun!

To illustrate what I mean have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumqqJfIJzI @6:30
....now imagine that type of graphics (ie sprites) on an isometric-scroller view instead of side-scroller
eg/ like this but doesn't have to be fancy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssbty-EWrGY&feature=related
but more like this in a 2.5D sprite (so it would run smoothly on most devices) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzR9llkD_bg&feature=related @4:40

Such an App would be sweet especially if you have a Nexus One (trackball), GameGripper device, or the HTC Dream (trackball and keys)

And if anyone is interested, such a Pockemon arena game could be expanded further
How?
1) Let the each Action button glow depending if your pet has enough stamina for that move (hence why the evade/jump button will always be lit)
2) Allow an "arcade mode" where you battle enemies that constantly come unto your screen (eg like the SNES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game)
3) Allow the player to win money (to buy new pets/rations from the PockeStore) and win experience points and show off your pet within the App
4) Allow a multiplayer mode where you battle against people that are online (your friend/strangers) via 3G/wifi

And expand further?
1) Now make this game into an RPG like the originals but using the isometric-view (eg like the PSX Digimon game) and add in all the elements from the original.
2) Include "Pockeballs" in the PockeStore
3) Include accessories in the PockeStore (ie armour, weapons, customisations etc)

And a way to "go beyond"
1) Open up the "Trading Post" where you can put your stuff/pets for sale... and conversely browse and buy stuff/pets from other members that made a listing.
2) Link the entire game to Facebook so that your achievements are loaded on your Wall, add your Friends, gift money/stuff/pets to other members, view your Friends pets and achievements (but not their stuff), Send "Challenges" where you define a time where you both must be online and battle (hard to explain in words)
3) Constantly increase the PockeWorld by adding new places to go/dominate, new Pets to catch and buy, new stuff to buy ... but still keeping everything simple
4) Never allow other players to be in the PockeWorld (ie all other MMORFs/RPG's like WoW). Keep it a fun (but long) Singleplayer game with a Multiplayer ability that is quite complimentary. So this would keep things less like other RPG's and more fun (compared to them) but also stupidly simple that anyone can play eg/ Granparent vs Granchild = fight!

... this would be like FarmVille for Android only better XD

And there is nothing to do beyond this

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends,

This is my second app for android. So i decided to do a simple game. Its a pokemon battle game. Its still under developmental stage. But the basic concept has been designed. I need your feedbacks to work more on this.. :)

And currently i dont have a device to test it. but it works fine on a emulator.So please test it.

Now its available in market place too. so please try it and RATE IT ;)

vFINAL

-elite 4 is built
    -added some more pokemons
    -potions heal stamina too

Download link
    http://androidappsandgames.blogspot.in/2010/11/android-game-pokemon.html

-no more bugs
    -all cities have different colour now

v3.7
    -all 8 cities are built
    -new pokemons
    -50+ pokemons
    -pc box to store pokemons
    -zapdos added

v3.3

-added new cities
    -added new pokmons
    -added stamina bar
    -bugs fixed
    -now you can buy potions

v3.0.1(MAJOR update)

-works on all screens
    -added map
    -save and load function
    -pokecenter
    -pokemart added
    -added many pokemons
    -health bar added

How to install:

1)download the PokemonGmaeWVGAv1.2.apk file
    2)put the file in Android\AndroidApps
    3)Reboot

[OR]

1)Copy the file to storage card
    2)Install it using your file explorer
    :)
    It seems that I am getting the same pokemon to battle against all the time. Is that supposed to happen? Using the latest version. Thanks again for the game.