USB Drivers without installing KIES

Search This thread

MDHACK

Feb 29, 2012
Thanks man!! I was looking for that!!!

I don't use kies, but I need drivers for tethering usb

PsyGik

Jan 8, 2012
Windows downloads the drivers on it's own when You connect your Ace. [Did for Me :D]. Good effort anyways. :)

-RDR-

Dec 16, 2011
somewhere in XDA
Not working :( when i extract the file and run setup i get an error msg about 32 bit and 64 comps

I m using a 64 bit laptop btw..windows 7

You know you are rooted when you use XDA more than FB :cool:

Rem777

May 1, 2013
Windows 8

It wont work for me :'(
Driver_Install_Error.jpg

4EverMaAT

Jun 10, 2013
Windows 7 did..never tried other versions :D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA

Yes. You have to either click on the tray icon on the device that is not installing properly. If you cannot find it there, go to "Devices and Printers" from the control panel (or type devices and printers in start menu) and right-click on the "samsung android usb device" or the unknown device you suspect is not connecting properly and go though the motions of having windows download the driver. If it does not allow windows to download automatically, there should be an option to adjust the settings..

Microsoft article link windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/automatically-get-recommended-drivers-and-updates-for-your-hardware . skip the video if you do not have silverlight and expand the section on getting drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djeloan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who want to tether their galaxy ace through usb but dont want to install KIES. here is the driver, I've been looking for this for quite a while, hope this helps for anyone looking for this also.
    here a .zip file which contains the attached drivers from the op.

http://dreamtimeshop.com/android/Samsung-USB-Drivers.zip
    Thanks a lot :) looking for these for a long time now :eek: thanks :)

You know you are rooted when you use XDA more than FB :cool:
    Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?49qky24kmcsluru) a .exe with the drivers uploaded by me (no trojan o spyware :) )
    Windows 7 did..never tried other versions :D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA

Yes. You have to either click on the tray icon on the device that is not installing properly. If you cannot find it there, go to "Devices and Printers" from the control panel (or type devices and printers in start menu) and right-click on the "samsung android usb device" or the unknown device you suspect is not connecting properly and go though the motions of having windows download the driver. If it does not allow windows to download automatically, there should be an option to adjust the settings..

Microsoft article link windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/automatically-get-recommended-drivers-and-updates-for-your-hardware . skip the video if you do not have silverlight and expand the section on getting drivers.