Cant send sms

Search This thread

bfinch

May 24, 2010
Brandenburg ky
Sorry if this has been answered before but I can't find the answer.
I got my gsm razr today and I love it but I can't send a text message, I can receive texts and surf the Web. My phone us showing 4 bars of hspa. I can even tether, but no sending sms. My phone says error code 500.
Only thing I found on google said restart it and SMS will be.fixed but that didn't work.
the phone is rooted on 2.3.5 if that matters.
has anyone had this problem and how can I fix it?
Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using XDA

Notyours

Mar 9, 2011
I have the same problem. The only way I can get mine to work is to put a SIM from another account in my phone. Enter *#*#4636#*#* and go to Phone Information. Refresh the SMSC. It will populate with the correct information. At this point, I can send texts from the phone. Put in the original SIM (do not reboot phone) and then you should be able to send SMS from your number.

The only problem is that the SMSC number does not stay through reboots. I have to do this process every time I reboot.

Does anyone know how to get this number to stick?

evonc

Dec 10, 2011
Toronto
I don't have the same problem however I have noticed that GOSMS Pro from the market does allow a Customized SMSC setting in the Send Settings tab. Perhaps you can try that out and see if it fixes the issue?

bfinch

May 24, 2010
Brandenburg ky
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both but neither work. I really like this phone but not having text us killing me. Someone please help

bfinch

May 24, 2010
Brandenburg ky
Well I went to att and got a new Sim card. Now my texting is working. so I guess that is the solution.