[ROM] Simple Streak 1.2 - Lite ROM

Search This thread

millia90

Nov 10, 2010
Flawwiduh
Sounds like you have a boot loop.

Try to go by these steps (I did it that way)

1. Put .zip file into the root of SD card
2. Boot into Recovery (I'm using Clockwork)
3. Do a dalvik cache wipe
4. I didn't clear the partition.
5. Do a factory reset in the Clockwork recovery.
6. Choose the .zip and flash the ROM
7. When it says installation completed, choose the option ''Reboot Recovery'' and press VOL UP + VOL DOWN at the same time and keep holding the power button
8. You'll get to the Dell Factory Reset screen
9. Do a factory reset (NOT FROM THE RECOVERY)
10. Reboot automatically
11. Enjoy

Also, download the ROM file again, it might be corrupted.
- Hope it works out for you, it really is a great ROM. :)

Thank you I will try again when I get the chance, I know that I kind of got screwed with the .zip file because it went into my downloads folder instead of the root of the SDcard, trying to figure out a way to change that or I'll just have to wait until after I get off work.

IIIV

May 7, 2011
Hawaii
Thanks, Spidla! Just installed this. It's pretty fast, just like my previous 351 ROM with most stock apps removed.

My issues are:

Facebook app doesn't sign in. So, I had to uninstall it using SystemApp Remover. Then, reinstall it. It's working now.

Android Market app always enables Data connection even if WiFi is already connected. So, the connection keeps hanging (doesn't connect because of WiFi and Data network connection conflict). I just uninstalled the stock Android Market app. Anyone know where I can download apk?

arleybarros

Sep 9, 2008
Campinas
Very good job! very fast and responsive.
maybe this rom with that overclock improvements...

congratulations!

will be in my streak until the next big release.

ebaul

Mar 7, 2008
York
Does anyone know how to fix the flashing lights? I flashed directly from 2.2.2 Official, now I have flashing lights. I remember this back when we did the 1.6>2.1, but I don't know how to resolve on these newer versions. I like the rom, fast and stable so far, but the flashing lights are annoying. I know it has something to do with the baseband or something like that. Thanks in advanced

njgill05

Nov 5, 2007
Does anyone know how to fix the flashing lights? I flashed directly from 2.2.2 Official, now I have flashing lights. I remember this back when we did the 1.6>2.1, but I don't know how to resolve on these newer versions. I like the rom, fast and stable so far, but the flashing lights are annoying. I know it has something to do with the baseband or something like that. Thanks in advanced

I have the same problem, doesn't seen to be causing any problems, just distracting.
Also even with setcpu I don't seem to be able to overclock at all with this Rom which is a shame because it has a better keyboard and wireless doesn't drop randomly. Awesome rom, just wish I could kick it up over 1ghz.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

ebaul

Mar 7, 2008
York
I have the same problem, doesn't seen to be causing any problems, just distracting.
Also even with setcpu I don't seem to be able to overclock at all with this Rom which is a shame because it has a better keyboard and wireless doesn't drop randomly. Awesome rom, just wish I could kick it up over 1ghz.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

I think you need an overclocked kernel to get past the 998Mhz, and you have to push it via adb for overclocking. Regarding the flashing lights, I don't remember how I cured it on my previous streak when I upgraded it to 2.1. I remember having to flash either the recovery, or even the baseband. Just can't remember..LOL

I just restored it to official 2.2.2, I couldn't deal with the flashing lights.

maxicet

Sep 6, 2009
Very good work also for my opinion, I like very much the taskbar and the default portrait position, thanks man...

scdsone

Jun 7, 2009
whitehaven
it would be nice if it was speeded up a little bit

Attachments

• screenshot_8.jpg
    screenshot_8.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 798

airbillion

Jan 2, 2008
Anyone else have really choppy video when playing embedded flash videos in the browser? I love the rom, but it needs to be better optomized. Ask dj steve if you could use his kernel for your rom, then this rom would be perfect!

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA Premium App

scdsone

Jun 7, 2009
whitehaven
@jitin02

ive just tryed the performance tweak & now my phones slower according to quadrant

i was getting 900 in quadrant but not i cant break 860 & i even had a 840 out of 5 gos

im not fussed as i still need to do a factory reset cause i still havnt done that yet

EDIT

ive done a factory reset & its over 900 again *phew*

Attachments

• screenshot_10.jpg
    screenshot_10.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

jitin02

Mar 17, 2009
Unknown
www.safaribikes.com
@jitin02

ive just tryed the performance tweak & now my phones slower according to quadrant

i was getting 900 in quadrant but not i cant break 860 & i even had a 840 out of 5 gos

im not fussed as i still need to do a factory reset cause i still havnt done that yet

EDIT

ive done a factory reset & its over 900 again *phew*

ok, thansk for letting know .
i apologize as i didnt tried just wanted to feedbacks
did you tried his Battery tweak?????????

Guyz who want to try pls at ur own risk , i am not responsible as i also didnt tried:D

Spidla

Feb 12, 2007
Ask dj steve if you could use his kernel for your rom, then this rom would be perfect!
I just tried DJ_Steve kernel, but the difference in benchmarks is small. With the original ROM kernel reaches around 850 points in Quadrant with DJ_Steve around 900 points. The Linpack results are roughly the same.
My goal is not the fastest ROM in benchmarks :)

devdarshan

Apr 10, 2005
London
I flashed - but now am unable to setup exchange corporate account - there is no option to setup manually like in other versions.

I enter the username/password - - Next is disabled
if I enter email/password - Authentication failed - but in other version I could enter the details manually

How can I get that option to enter exchange details manually???

*** Ignore - I found the manual settings when I went through the eMail icon. It does not show up if you use settings, Accounts etc.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Streak ROM

Modified official ROM. Removed Dell Stage Launcher and other unneeded applications. ROM includes the Launcher Pro and the left Swype. I made primarily for myself, but maybe someone else will like it :)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE.

INSTALLATION:
    1. make a backup
    2. copy .zip to SD card
    3. update via StreakMod Recovery
    4. do Factory reset

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
    1. make a backup
    2. copy .zip to SD card

DOWNLOAD:
    rom.spidla.info or MultiUpload (First, make a full backup)

DONATE TO DEVELOPMENT:
    If you like Simple Streak, you can contribute to development through PayPal. Thank you.

CHANGELOG:
    1.3 (size ? MB) - in testing
    - updated Maps (v5.9)
    - removed Swype
    - new build Simple Streak kernel (many changes)

1.2 (size 91 MB) - 19. 6. 2011
    - custom kernel (based on the official, simplified, overclocking option, slightly undervoltage (for longer battery life)). Original kernel is available here.
    - removed QuickOffice

1.1a (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
    - removed forgotten drivers that caused problems when using the camera with the "performance update"

1.1 (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
    - Swype is the default keyboard
    - more cleaned (removed Facebook, etc...)

1.0 (size 97 MB) - 7. 6. 2011
    - based on official 354
    - rooted
    - cleaned
    - adjusted build.prop and init.streak.post_boot.sh
    - black taskbar (partially used GingerKrad from user Krad)
    - change default orientation to portrait (according to instructions from user jhotmann)

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - after the start to be switched on / off the display rotation settings

NOT WORKING?
    Are you sure you've done a factory reset? You have to do a factory reset on the first screen (from Dell) of the recovery mode.

Still not working or causing problems (button still lights)? Maybe you're old baseband, try to download new here and upload using fastboot command.
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
    Last chance. If you still have problems, try loading the original ROM ver. 354 and then reload the Simple Streak ROM. This may work :)

OPTIONAL MODIFICATIONS (update via StreakMod Recovery)
    Landscape mode - return back to the default display orientation
    Stage UI - return back to the default launcher from Dell
    STK Tools - return back to the Sim Toolkit
    Original kernel - if you have any problems, you can try the original kernel from Dell.

DJ-Steve KERNEL

Install the kernel from DJ_Steve ROM (thanks for his great work) and adjust some settings. After the update default frequency is set at 1.19 GHz and smartass CPU governors (can be changed via the tools available (SetCPU)). The update will not lose any user data.

DJ-Steve KERNEL INSTALLATION:
    1. you have already installed the Simple Streak ROM (ver. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2)
    2. copy perfupdate.zip to SD card
    If update does not work, try the version without the default overclocking.
    Simple Streak 1.3 TESTINGv4

The fourth test version Simple Streak 1.3 is here. Compared to the third version is only changed the kernel. It should be slightly faster and perhaps even greater battery life.

And now let's go on vacation, I'll be back for 9 days :)
    Simple Streak 1.3 TESTINGv3

Hi everyone, I released the third test version Simple Streak v1.3.
    Changes compared to the second test version:
    new build Simple Streak Kernel
    removed Swype
    In this version I have been very good feeling :) Download and test here.
    In the build.prop file there is a "fingerprint".

Stock 351 has this fingerprint:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=dell/streak/streak/8x50:2.2.2/FRG83G/eng.cmbuild.20110317.163900:user/release-keys
    while SimpleStreak has this fingerprint:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=dell/streak/streak/8x50:2.2.2/FRG83G/eng.cmbuild.20110401.170729:user/release-keys
    The Android Market uses this fingerprint to identify your phone and based on the phone you are using some apps may not show up. Depending on the ROM you using previously the Market might be seeing your phone differently and the apps that show up may be different.

There are other ways that the market identifies your phone, but sometimes editing the fingerprint in build.prop is all you have to do to see apps you had prior to installing a custom ROM.
    Based upon what I've done with 351 (completely ripped out the Stage UI, Dell Sync, Amazon MP3, CoPilot Live, Evernote, Napster, Oovoo, PageOnce, Roxio Now, and Zinio Reader), leaving Swype and adding LauncherPro, the Streak should be very fast and very responsive, especially when shutting it off.