G-NeXicons by **~ShakeYaBooti~** 23/03/2012

Search This thread

shakeyabooti

Jan 14, 2011
Gloucestershire
GNEX2.jpg

Thanks for viewing my post, and if you like please hit the thanks button.
Don't forget to leave your requests - because if you don't ask you won't get :D

313 icons + see post 2 for full list.

screenshot.png

DOWNLOAD:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33160483/G-NeXicons/G-NeXicons.zip

Thank you nordpolcamper

Thank you webmastir, great icons matey..

Thank you also goes to Substance_D who has contributed towards G-NeXicons.

If I have missed anyone send me a pm.

Quality, not quantity will prevail.

Template - What I Use In Fireworks - All Elements
BackPlate.png

Base.png

HighLight.png

Surround.png

Thats all I use....have fun :rolleyes: Don't forget to show me your results..looking forward to seeing some.

The original icon disigns were by vukandric. His MIUI thread can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13220074&postcount=10
If you download his designs there is a PSD template to use, BUT remember to always ask permision to vukandric, they are his designs and he has spent a long time getting them as he origanaly intended. He has given me permision for this thread and approved of the work that I am doing.
I will not be giving instructions to any body on how to use the templates.
I will however be carrying on with my own designs at my own pace. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

shakeyabooti

Jan 14, 2011
Gloucestershire
List Of Icons

4ext-recovery / 3G_watchdog / androidify / apgar1 / apgar2 / AppMonster / acar x 2 / AFL-Live / amazon-apps / Any.DO / amazon-kindle / amazon-mobile / amazon-mp3 x 2 / american-airlines / angrybirds / antutu-benchmark / antutu-cpumaster / appaware / appbrain / app-draw x 3 / astro / bacon-reader / bank-of-america / barcode-reader / BlackList / blastr / barnes-noble-nook / battlenet / beejive / best-buy / beweather / blackmart / boot-manager / Boid / box / calculator / calendar / car-home / cardiograph / cartoon_camera / Catan / chalkball / course_smart / CPUspy / coupons / chase-banking / google-chrome / google-chrome-to-phone / clock x 2 / craigslist / CNBC / CNN / contact / google-currents / cut-the-rope / DIR / DrawSomething / dogg-catcher / drag-racing / dolphin-browser / download / dragon-go / D7GoogleReaderPro / droid-iris / DungeonRaid / DungeonVillage / Docs2go / dreamdroid / dropbox / dropsync / ebay / email / ESVbible / engadget / Exitium / evac / ESPN / evernote / facebook / FPse (1) / fpse / facebook-messenger / Feedly / Feedly2 / food_planner / fling / file-explorer / fantasy_football_buddy / fios-tv / fx_file_explorer / flixter / forfone / foursquare / fruit-ninja / gallery / gallery2 / google-documents / gentle-alarm / gmail / gta3 / google-messenger / google-music x 2 / google-authenticator / gnexus-phone / gamefly / garmin / GObook / go-chat / google-earth / google-play-market / google-goggles / google-play / GameboyColorAD / google-play-books / google+ x 2 / google-translate / google-video x 2 / google-voice / go-sms / google-reader / groupme / google-search / gtasks / google-wallet / Hotmail / hot_uk_deals / hanging-with-friends / handcent x 2 / Heist / IMDb / indoona / keepass-droid / klondike / last-fm / line x 2 / iGunZombie / ip_cam / jetfit / latitude / linkedin / LegendarHeroes / libretto / logmein / london_underground / lotus / LiveScore / google-maps x 2 / market / metamorph / mint / minus / moonreader / my_homework / MuffinKnight / mp3-music-download / mSecurePWmgr / movie / mx-video / mywind / my-backup / my-verison / navigation / netflix / nice-kicks / nexus_x1 / nexus_x2 / nexus_x3 / NFCTaskLauncher / nu.nl / NYCmate / NotesForICS / nikeboom / NHL / poweramp / palmary-weather / poker / pandora / puzzleprism / paper-camera / phone / PicsArt / PocketCloudExplore / picplz / photowarp / photo-editor / camera / places / piccasa / plume / pocket-information / polaris-office / pulse / qr-droid / Quip / Quicker / quick-office / read-it-later / reddit / Revision3 / rogers-my-account / rom-manager / rom-toolbox / root-explorer / robotek / rootzwiki / street / score / samurai / screenfilter / skymap / screen-off-and-lock / seesmic / setcpu / settings / shazam / skype x 2 / sms / sms-backup-restore / SketchMobile / speedtest / soccer_scores / smsgnexicons / SmartTools / scramble / savingstar / solitair / soundhound / sudoku / splashtop-pro-app / spotify / steam / superuser / sygic / talk / tango / tv_show_fans / tapatalk / TED (1) / ted / tonight / triple-town / theyneedtobefed / TeamViewer / target / terminal / terminal-emulator / teslaLED / tiny-tower / titanium-backup / tivo / trillian / tuneinpro / tweakers.net x 2 / twitter / UltimateGuitarTabs / usa-today / usbank / USAA / USAA2 / vevo / viber / visual-voicemail / winamp / Wikipedia / waze / wells-fargo / whatsapp x 2 / wifi-file / wifi-tether / words / world-of-goo / wolframalpha / xda x 2 / yelp / Youmail / youtube / zedge / zipcar / zumocast / Zenonia4 / ZipThemer / ZyngaPoker

Last edited:

nerotix

Mar 19, 2011
Utrecht
WOW! Those icons look amazing.. I will follow your thread and hope lots of icons will come! Maybe you should look for people to help u with this stuff, I would do alot of icons if I only knew how to do it:p I do have photoshop etc.. but not that good at it :(

shakeyabooti

Jan 14, 2011
Gloucestershire
Thanks for your kind words. I am going to do at least a couple of icons every day starting with all the apps that come as standard on the GN. Then I will start on external applications. Sorry for how long a time it takes but my wife is not happy about me spending lots of time, hope you all understand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: dextroz

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
Thanks for your kind words. I am going to do at least a couple of icons every day starting with all the apps that come as standard on the GN. Then I will start on external applications. Sorry for how long a time it takes but my wife is not happy about me spending lots of time, hope you all understand.

Take your time, they look great!

chanmama

Aug 17, 2007
great, quite beautiful but more pls, such as whatsapp, dolphin browser, line, facebook, lock, fast reboot, ip cam viewer....

thanks so much

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
GNEX2.jpg

Hi all, Im no dev so most of my work is graphical. Im going to make some icons for the GN either for a theme for a perticular ROM or to include in a completly new ROM.
Please let me know what you think, thoughts, requests etc or even if you would like to use the completed set in your own ROM?
They do take a little while to do and time is a problem for me being just a humble farmer :rolleyes:
Here are just a few that I have done so far....some of you may know the icons from SGSII when Batista70 used them in one of his ROMS (thanks buddy)
Yes they are a little MIUI like but with the ICS twist.
Great work all you guys at XDA I'm loving you all.
I cannot take the credit for the very first original design of these but I cannot remember who made them? like I said I have re-designed with my own twist.

http://www.woodstanway.co.uk/GNeXicons/G-NeXicons.7z
More coming soon....

Please help me find the right artwork...if you guys have access to higher res icons for any of the apps (the official ones) so 120 pixels plus if you can (not 72 pixels) for example Google Video icon etc etc.
very important so there is no distortion on any of the icons. bigger the better :)
Added Contacts and Calendar 13-02-2012

Maybe you know it already, if not, then I may be able to help you. When you want higher resolution Icons of 3rd party apps like facebook and stuff. Just go to the android market on your pc and find the application you want the icon from and then on the upper left you can see your icon. just drag that onto your desktop. The icon will be 124x124. Might be just what you need^^

philipswich

Sep 6, 2010
How to Install?

Hi Guys, don't want to sound really thick but how do you install/use these great icons?

Thanks,

Phil

shadowpunx

Jan 29, 2010
Hi Guys, don't want to sound really thick but how do you install/use these great icons?

Thanks,

Phil

You can either decompile the apks and add them which will show them in your app drawer, or use a home replacement that supports custom home screen icons, there's an app also that will change them if your on stock ics

I love my pitbulls

Reactions: philipswich

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GNEX2.jpg

Don't forget to leave your requests - because if you don't ask you won't get :D

313 icons + see post 2 for full list.

screenshot.png

DOWNLOAD:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33160483/G-NeXicons/G-NeXicons.zip

Thank you nordpolcamper

Thank you webmastir, great icons matey..

Thank you also goes to Substance_D who has contributed towards G-NeXicons.

If I have missed anyone send me a pm.

Quality, not quantity will prevail.

Template - What I Use In Fireworks - All Elements
    BackPlate.png

Base.png

HighLight.png

Surround.png

Thats all I use....have fun :rolleyes: Don't forget to show me your results..looking forward to seeing some.

The original icon disigns were by vukandric. His MIUI thread can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13220074&postcount=10
    If you download his designs there is a PSD template to use, BUT remember to always ask permision to vukandric, they are his designs and he has spent a long time getting them as he origanaly intended. He has given me permision for this thread and approved of the work that I am doing.
    I will not be giving instructions to any body on how to use the templates.
    I will however be carrying on with my own designs at my own pace. Thank you for understanding.
    List Of Icons

4ext-recovery / 3G_watchdog / androidify / apgar1 / apgar2 / AppMonster / acar x 2 / AFL-Live / amazon-apps / Any.DO / amazon-kindle / amazon-mobile / amazon-mp3 x 2 / american-airlines / angrybirds / antutu-benchmark / antutu-cpumaster / appaware / appbrain / app-draw x 3 / astro / bacon-reader / bank-of-america / barcode-reader / BlackList / blastr / barnes-noble-nook / battlenet / beejive / best-buy / beweather / blackmart / boot-manager / Boid / box / calculator / calendar / car-home / cardiograph / cartoon_camera / Catan / chalkball / course_smart / CPUspy / coupons / chase-banking / google-chrome / google-chrome-to-phone / clock x 2 / craigslist / CNBC / CNN / contact / google-currents / cut-the-rope / DIR / DrawSomething / dogg-catcher / drag-racing / dolphin-browser / download / dragon-go / D7GoogleReaderPro / droid-iris / DungeonRaid / DungeonVillage / Docs2go / dreamdroid / dropbox / dropsync / ebay / email / ESVbible / engadget / Exitium / evac / ESPN / evernote / facebook / FPse (1) / fpse / facebook-messenger / Feedly / Feedly2 / food_planner / fling / file-explorer / fantasy_football_buddy / fios-tv / fx_file_explorer / flixter / forfone / foursquare / fruit-ninja / gallery / gallery2 / google-documents / gentle-alarm / gmail / gta3 / google-messenger / google-music x 2 / google-authenticator / gnexus-phone / gamefly / garmin / GObook / go-chat / google-earth / google-play-market / google-goggles / google-play / GameboyColorAD / google-play-books / google+ x 2 / google-translate / google-video x 2 / google-voice / go-sms / google-reader / groupme / google-search / gtasks / google-wallet / Hotmail / hot_uk_deals / hanging-with-friends / handcent x 2 / Heist / IMDb / indoona / keepass-droid / klondike / last-fm / line x 2 / iGunZombie / ip_cam / jetfit / latitude / linkedin / LegendarHeroes / libretto / logmein / london_underground / lotus / LiveScore / google-maps x 2 / market / metamorph / mint / minus / moonreader / my_homework / MuffinKnight / mp3-music-download / mSecurePWmgr / movie / mx-video / mywind / my-backup / my-verison / navigation / netflix / nice-kicks / nexus_x1 / nexus_x2 / nexus_x3 / NFCTaskLauncher / nu.nl / NYCmate / NotesForICS / nikeboom / NHL / poweramp / palmary-weather / poker / pandora / puzzleprism / paper-camera / phone / PicsArt / PocketCloudExplore / picplz / photowarp / photo-editor / camera / places / piccasa / plume / pocket-information / polaris-office / pulse / qr-droid / Quip / Quicker / quick-office / read-it-later / reddit / Revision3 / rogers-my-account / rom-manager / rom-toolbox / root-explorer / robotek / rootzwiki / street / score / samurai / screenfilter / skymap / screen-off-and-lock / seesmic / setcpu / settings / shazam / skype x 2 / sms / sms-backup-restore / SketchMobile / speedtest / soccer_scores / smsgnexicons / SmartTools / scramble / savingstar / solitair / soundhound / sudoku / splashtop-pro-app / spotify / steam / superuser / sygic / talk / tango / tv_show_fans / tapatalk / TED (1) / ted / tonight / triple-town / theyneedtobefed / TeamViewer / target / terminal / terminal-emulator / teslaLED / tiny-tower / titanium-backup / tivo / trillian / tuneinpro / tweakers.net x 2 / twitter / UltimateGuitarTabs / usa-today / usbank / USAA / USAA2 / vevo / viber / visual-voicemail / winamp / Wikipedia / waze / wells-fargo / whatsapp x 2 / wifi-file / wifi-tether / words / world-of-goo / wolframalpha / xda x 2 / yelp / Youmail / youtube / zedge / zipcar / zumocast / Zenonia4 / ZipThemer / ZyngaPoker
    Okay since I was asked, I think its about time for a little tutorial. Shakeyabooti, if you mind I will delete this post immediatly!

This is a little tutorial on how to create your own GNexIcons with Photoshop CS 5.1 Extended (but should work on all previous versions, too).

I tryed to make it as easy as possible, but if you have further questions, just ask me ;)

Sry, but my Photoshop is in german, but I think you will be able to understand what I am doing^^

First download the PSD here.

Always remember that shakeybooti wants his set to be quality not quantity, so plz try your best and dont just flood out icons.

gnextutorial.png

I hope that helped you ;)
    Its just a matter of time I only started the pack yesterday. its not a quick process I should get another 100 done over the next two days. I work full time and have a family so I get about 3 hours tops each day

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2