Freezing on boot when data is restored

Search This thread

Fry-kun

So I have an Exhibit that started freezing up on the red AOIP logo with "pulse" animation..

Clearing cache/dalvik doesn't help -- phone reboots to "optimizing apps" but gets stuck on "starting apps". If power cycled, it gets stuck at AOIP logo (it's an AOIP rom)

Tried reflashing the rom (AOIP-2.0-ancora_tmo-OFFICIAL-20131006) -- same result

The internal SD card appeared to be out of space -- mounted it over USB (thanks to CWM) and cleaned it out so it's at ~60% now.. but the phone still doesn't want to boot!

Created a backup with CWM and wiped the data (after removing the ext sd card) -- phone boots up properly!
Restored from the backup -- phone doesn't boot :(

What else can I do?

det0xx

Jul 14, 2012
Riverside
So I have an Exhibit that started freezing up on the red AOIP logo with "pulse" animation..

Clearing cache/dalvik doesn't help -- phone reboots to "optimizing apps" but gets stuck on "starting apps". If power cycled, it gets stuck at AOIP logo (it's an AOIP rom)

Tried reflashing the rom (AOIP-2.0-ancora_tmo-OFFICIAL-20131006) -- same result

The internal SD card appeared to be out of space -- mounted it over USB (thanks to CWM) and cleaned it out so it's at ~60% now.. but the phone still doesn't want to boot!

Created a backup with CWM and wiped the data (after removing the ext sd card) -- phone boots up properly!
Restored from the backup -- phone doesn't boot :(

What else can I do?

wipe both internal and exernal sd cards and do a fresh install

det0xx

Jul 14, 2012
Riverside
BTW, I have adb set up on my laptop, and I'm able to get shell at the frozen boot.. just don't know what command(s) to give it since I'm not really familiar with android environment

do you have your app data in a nandroid backup?

if you do install the rom freshly and download app nandroid manager. app will let you restore apps and its data through its app to your current rom