[Q] Bluetooth audio delay fix for firetv

Search This thread

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
Hi,
First, thanks for all the development and trials with the firetv.
I can't say that I've done much more so far than follow directions and add some functionality to the device.
I did install the droidmote server which runs pretty good but cannot control all aspects of the device in default config. That's another post I think.

What I was asking about was the audio delay when using Bluetooth headphones. I side loaded the settings apk and gained the ability to pair BT headphones. Just a generic set from amazon here. They work pretty good but there is a delay in the audio. I can somewhat fix this with xbmc videos through audio delay, but Netflix and instant video don't have this fix. Any ideas on what I can do to get it all in sync?
Thanks

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Glad to hear that DroidMote also works on Fire Tv.

Since the application is highly configurable and customizable, I can give you some help ?

The first part of this page is important, when you start the server for the first time, make sure that all configurations files are installed well.

http://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
Absolutely. Thank you the app. It works pretty good, but I have to switch between all the inputs to maneuver around on the fire TV. Some screens I can use the mouse functions, but others I need to move to the arrow keys. The center select button doesn't seem to work though for selecting items on the second input screen of droidmote client.
I'm hoping to play around and see if I can configure the inputs to operate on the main firetv screen. The launcher seems different than my other TV stick android launchers.
Once again, thanks for your development. I look forward to more here on the fire TV.

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Absolutely. Thank you the app. It works pretty good, but I have to switch between all the inputs to maneuver around on the fire TV. Some screens I can use the mouse functions, but others I need to move to the arrow keys. The center select button doesn't seem to work though for selecting items on the second input screen of droidmote client.
I'm hoping to play around and see if I can configure the inputs to operate on the main firetv screen. The launcher seems different than my other TV stick android launchers.
Once again, thanks for your development. I look forward to more here on the fire TV.

Thanks to you.

If the center select button not work, make sure to have this files after the first start of the server.

In your FireTv:

droidmote.kl in /data/system/devices/keylayout
droidmote.kcm in /data/system/devices/keychars
droidmote.idc in /data/system/devices/idc
droidmotemt.idc in /data/system/devices/idc
droidmotegt.idc in /data/system/devices/idc

If you have this files it should works.
Instead if you want try to made a custom keylayout, get the droidmote.kl in /data/system/devices/keylayout
copy it where you want (also on your pc ) for edit and customization.
rename and put it in the Download folder of your device.
go in server settings and load your new keylayout.

With the multitouch functionality and with the touchmouse you can play with all games that need a touchscreen.

i suggest also to install the last version 3.3.9 from google play. This have most recent keylayout compatible also with Android Preview L that introduce little changes in the keylayout stuff.

Last edited:

Hrodriguez77

May 28, 2013
Thanks to you.

If the center select button not work, make sure to have this files after the first start of the server.

In your FireTv:

droidmote.kl in /data/system/devices/keylayout
droidmote.kcm in /data/system/devices/keychars
droidmote.idc in /data/system/devices/idc
droidmotemt.idc in /data/system/devices/idc
droidmotegt.idc in /data/system/devices/idc

If you have this files it should works.
Instead if you want try to made a custom keylayout, get the droidmote.kl in /data/system/devices/keylayout
copy it where you want (also on your pc ) for edit and customization.
rename and put it in the Download folder of your device.
go in server settings and load your new keylayout.

With the multitouch functionality and with the touchmouse you can play with all games that need a touchscreen.

i suggest also to install the last version 3.3.9 from google play. This have most recent keylayout compatible also with Android Preview L that introduce little changes in the keylayout stuff.

I've been trying to get this working for the last couple of hours. The center button doesn't work for me no matter what I do. When I use the video game mode, the A button acts like the center button should. I tried to customize the droidmote.kl to change key 232 to BUTTON_A. It saved but it didn't work. Any ideas?

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
I've been trying to get this working for the last couple of hours. The center button doesn't work for me no matter what I do. When I use the video game mode, the A button acts like the center button should. I tried to customize the droidmote.kl to change key 232 to BUTTON_A. It saved but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Make sure that you load your new custom keylayout from server settings "change keylayout" and select it from the list.

your new keylayout appear in the list if you copy it in the Download folder of your sdcard.

a keylayout to work must have same file permissions of the previous version for this reason i suggest to load from server settings that do all automatically.

disconnect and reconnect the client to apply changes.

If this process not work only when you remap the center button ( scan code 232 ), mean that the source code of your FireTv was changed compared to original Android and the scan code 232 is remapped directly inside the sourcecode to act as different action and can't be remapped. ( very bad practise, infact in Android there are keylayout to support different mapping for external input devices. this is possible if you have a remote control that have an ok button that act as mouse left click.)

but you can always use the BUTTON_A of the soft gamepad like a center button. (rare case, because you have the mouse functionality to click and move around )

If you test the server on an Original Android device you see that the center button works well without remap it, because is a simple ENTER keycode.

Let me know if the center button really can't be remapped with the keylayout. I can also made a little modification to support the bad implementation of firetv.

UPDATE:

In a few hours, try the new Client version 3.7.9 and restore the Server to original keylayout configuration.
( Server settings -> change keylayout -> Default. disconnect reconnect client to apply changes )

I swapped the scan code 232 to 28 to help FireTv.
Because this change does not create any problem to the Server for Android, for Windows, and for all Linux variants.

Last edited:

Hrodriguez77

May 28, 2013
Make sure that you load your new custom keylayout from server settings "change keylayout" and select it from the list.

your new keylayout appear in the list if you copy it in the Download folder of your sdcard.

a keylayout to work must have same file permissions of the previous version for this reason i suggest to load from server settings that do all automatically.

If this process not work only when you remap the center button ( scan code 232 ), mean that the source code of your FireTv was changed compared to original Android and the scan code 232 is remapped directly inside the sourcecode to act as different action and can't be remapped. ( very bad practise, infact in Android there are keylayout to support different mapping for external input devices. this is possible if you have a remote control that have an ok button that act as mouse left click.)

but you can always use the BUTTON_A of the soft gamepad like a center button. (rare case, because you have the mouse functionality to click and move around )

If you test the server on an Original Android device you see that the center button works well without remap it, because is a simple ENTER keycode.

Let me know if the center button really can't be remapped with the keylayout. I can also made a little modification to support the bad implementation of firetv.

UPDATE:

In a few hours, try the new Client version 3.7.9 and restore the Server to original keylayout configuration.
( Server settings -> change keylayout -> Default. disconnect reconnect client to apply changes )

Because this change does not create any problem to the Server for Android, for Windows, and for all Linux variants.

Ok, thanks for the update. I'll give this a shot when i get home.

Hrodriguez77

May 28, 2013

UPDATE:

Thanks for the update, it's working perfect now!

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for the update, it's working perfect now!

Thanks for your test.

Now that you have DroidMote on FireTv, should be able to use also any standard Android launcher. In Fact with DroidMote you can do all multi-touch actions and use any apps designed for phones or tablet without restrictions on your FireTv.
( also multi-touch games with hardware controller )

Let me know what you can not do.... i can help you.

Last edited:

s0ckz

Feb 19, 2010
Install DroidMote Server

Hi,

I do have the bought version from Play Store of Droidmote Server. How can I sideload it on Fire TV? I did that but it says my license is invalid.

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
Install the play store app and sign in. That's the only way I've seen access for licensing that I have seen.
If you don't have the play store installed, there are quite a few how-tos shown.

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
Problem I'm having is I have the Play store sideloaded...but not showing up in Apps in XBMC
It sounds like you may not have all the play store support installed. Look at this link for play store install to make sure all steps are taken.
I would also install es file explorer as there is really decent support there for installing/managing/launching apps and general file management.

Last edited:

cloudbyday90

Nov 10, 2010
Indianapolis
It sounds like you may not have all the play store support installed. Look at this link for play store install to make sure all steps are taken.
I would also install es file explorer as there is really decent support there for installing/managing/launching apps and general file management.

I don't know..cause I side loaded ES as well...the only thing showing up on XBMC side is Netflix...kinda wierd...i'll need to take a look at it again tonight probably