So y did the phone app just ask for SU Permission?

Search This thread

bdizzle1686

Jul 28, 2014
Washington, MI
Moto Z2 Force
Moto G7
I'm stock 4.4.2 Sense 6 s off unlocked bootloader rooted stock rom, and while browsing xda premium, all of a sudden I got a notification for htc "get started" ,I hit deny and immediately after that I got the SuperSu prompt for phone 'com.htc.dialer… requesting SuperSu rights…. U denied it… anybody have any idea???

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I'm stock 4.4.2 Sense 6 s off unlocked bootloader rooted stock rom, and while browsing xda premium, all of a sudden I got a notification for htc "get started" ,I hit deny and immediately after that I got the SuperSu prompt for phone 'com.htc.dialer… requesting SuperSu rights…. U denied it… anybody have any idea???

Verizon
See one of several existing threads: LINK

Last edited:
Reactions: bdizzle1686

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com

apps installed on the system partition have access to root without the need of SU to control it. When you install an app like superSU you now give that APK control of any request of root rights. When phone asked for root it didnt know that you have an app that is now handling the request and thats why you were notified.

Reactions: bdizzle1686

bdizzle1686

Jul 28, 2014
Washington, MI
Moto Z2 Force
Moto G7
Verizon

apps installed on the system partition have access to root without the need of SU to control it. When you install an app like superSU you now give that APK control of any request of root rights. When phone asked for root it didnt know that you have an app that is now handling the request and thats why you were notified.

Thanks u guy's, I did a search before I posted but guess I didn't enter the right keywords..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Verizon

Oh n Santod, I'm on 1 of your stock rooted odexed roms, I noticed SuperSu isn't installed as system app when I look in the settings in SuperSu, is it better to leave it as a user app, or go ahead with the install as system app??

It works just fine as is, no need to change anything.