OEM NOKIA ROMs - Download & Flashable - Now Supports 93 Devices!

Search This thread

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
Thank you, I want to do some testing for the purple hue issue

Can any of you provide me with this ROM before tomorrow? If not, I'll just wait.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Last edited:

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Thank you, I want to do some testing for the purple hue issue

Can any of you provide me with this ROM before tomorrow? If not, I'll just wait.

I'm so sorry, but I just rebuilt my main PC the other day, and in the process, I didn't get some of my backups to come over. I've lost the original ROMs that I posted. I wonder if anyone else has a copy left over that they'd be willing to share?

PS: I've checked the Nokia Servers and they've also pulled them from there.:(

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
Lol its no rush towards you. Was just hoping to try this on a Sunday. I wanted to see if the launch drivers then updated through Microsoft fix the hue issues.

magicbullet

Jun 6, 2007
sylmar
first of all, i messed up. I bought the phone from craiglist and got the phone with demo content in it. the demo content will reinstall itself every 24hr. I cannot get rid of it. however, i have follow then flash install instruction here, and other website online. no luck for me.
does anyone has any idea?

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
first of all, i messed up. I bought the phone from craiglist and got the phone with demo content in it. the demo content will reinstall itself every 24hr. I cannot get rid of it. however, i have follow then flash install instruction here, and other website online. no luck for me.
does anyone has any idea?
Don't flash the ALIVE version, use the VAR version of the ROM for your phone.

Thanks to AEDan1977 for the heads up on that...

Last edited:

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
If you follow the filedropper link what you want to click on to donwload is in the box with the URL and Embed tags just under them.

I hate going to download sites that have like 10 different things that say "Download...."

Reactions: SuperSport

armrob

Oct 9, 2009
does anyone know a way to flash the AT&T Lumia 900 with the Rogers Rom ?
I have tried using Nokia Care Suite but i always get an error message.

the reason is the Internet Sharing is locked on the AT&T rom, so there seems to be no way around it unless you use it with AT&T.

or could it be done with interop unlock like the first gen windows phones ?

Realityfalse

Mar 2, 2011
Orange Park, Fl
www.facebook.com
iNTEROP

interop unlock would probably be the only solution. is anyone even working on it ?

I've been looking around and it looks as if they are sorta stuck on the interop atm. Nokia had originally published the network tools app that allowed for a workaround but they have since removed it. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before they pull a Houdini and figure it out. I am patiently waiting to see what these mad geniuses cook up!!!

dlwilson_king

Jan 8, 2012
London
Questions...

Hi there don't know much about this kind of thing so here goes :

What is the difference between a ROM and firmware? for example what am I looking at when I use NaviFirm? (I assume firmware).

I have a AT&T Lumia 900 bought off of ebay, Im from the UK (< yeah great move I know).

As Im sure you are all aware It cannot be sim-unlocked as yet, but would like to unlock internet sharing, instead of just watching it sit on my desk!

How would this be done? Do I need a European ROM (If so where can I find it?)
or do I need FirmWare?

If anyone has any solutions, I would love to try, I don't mind if I brick my phone see in as it is just a brick to me now anyways!!

A lot of questions I know, but any help at all would be appreciated! (PS I have NaviFirm and NokiaCareSuite installed and ready to go :D)

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Hi there don't know much about this kind of thing so here goes :

What is the difference between a ROM and firmware? for example what am I looking at when I use NaviFirm? (I assume firmware).

I have a AT&T Lumia 900 bought off of ebay, Im from the UK (< yeah great move I know).

As Im sure you are all aware It cannot be sim-unlocked as yet, but would like to unlock internet sharing, instead of just watching it sit on my desk!

How would this be done? Do I need a European ROM (If so where can I find it?)
or do I need FirmWare?

If anyone has any solutions, I would love to try, I don't mind if I brick my phone see in as it is just a brick to me now anyways!!

A lot of questions I know, but any help at all would be appreciated! (PS I have NaviFirm and NokiaCareSuite installed and ready to go :D)
From MY experience, I have not been able to flash a European ROM to my ATT phone. I've tried, but it fails the Model check.

The ROM can be simply the OS, or it can include the Firmware, Radio, & OS. What you are looking at on NaviFirm is the OS, Firmware, and Radio all in one.

I believe, (someone correct me if I'm wrong), that the Firmware is the BASE software and drivers to make the phone function at all. Then, the OS runs on top of that.

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
i'm a noob with windows phone. please elaborate on the process of doing it :eek:
Do you have a reason to flash the ROM, or are you just wanting to try it? If your phone operates as it should, I would recommend you don't flash a ROM to it. There is always a risk of something going wrong. If you actually NEED to flash the ROM, I am hoping to create a quick Video Tutorial at some point to show how to do it. I will post it on the first post when it's ready.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
Do you have a reason to flash the ROM, or are you just wanting to try it? If your phone operates as it should, I would recommend you don't flash a ROM to it. There is always a risk of something going wrong. If you actually NEED to flash the ROM, I am hoping to create a quick Video Tutorial at some point to show how to do it. I will post it on the first post when it's ready.

+1 on this.

The only reason to flash your ROM to date is to recover an inoperable phone.

There are no new roms with feature changes like windows phone of old.

armrob

Oct 9, 2009
well the AT&T lumia 900 locks down the internet sharing feature. and can only be unabled by AT&T. if u want it working on another network, you will need a new rom.
another reason is the apps in the marketplace. some apps are country and/or network exclusives. and it can be fooled by using a rom from a different country.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
well the AT&T lumia 900 locks down the internet sharing feature. and can only be unabled by AT&T. if u want it working on another network, you will need a new rom.
another reason is the apps in the marketplace. some apps are country and/or network exclusives. and it can be fooled by using a rom from a different country.

So are you saying you have successfully flashed a rom from one countries lumia 900 to another?! To date the reports are it doesnt work.

tvailment

Oct 9, 2006
There are posts in the Lumia 800 section which say they can flash an unbranded ROM to a branded device using Nokia Care Suite I think.

I have been thinking this might give us a path to interop unlock. The Rogers ROM has more files than the ATT ones, and includes what looks like a provxml file. Maybe that file can be modified to edit the registry when flashing. I don't know enough to test my theory. So still just a maybe.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE NOTE, THESE TOOLS MAY NOT WORK ANYMORE DUE TO SERVER ACCESS BEING LIMITED TO NOKIA SUPPORT PERSONNEL ONLY.

WARNING!!!

THESE FILES CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THEY CAN ALSO VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!

WARNING!!!

UPDATE: Video Tutorial Now Available

Sorry about the Choppy Audio. I need a new Mic.​

Using the Links and Video posted here, you can download, install and run the Nokia Care Suite software. This software allows you to download the Latest STOCK OEM ROMs directly from Nokia Servers. It also allows you to flash these ROMs to your Nokia Phones. Keep in mind, this WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE CLEAN! So, be sure you have a backup of all your data, photos, videos, texts messages, etc... EVERYTHING

PS: Use these at Your Own Risk! I will not be held responsible if you destroy your new Lumia with these. With that said, I've flashed my own Lumia 900 8 times and my Lumia 920 3 times with no ill effects.

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSIONS FROM HERE:
    Download Nokia_Care_Suite_PST_5.0_2012.51.4.4.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to flash or Unbrick your phone.

Download Nokia_DataPackage_Manager_2012.18.0.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to download Multiple ROMs. NOT needed, as Care Suite will download individual ROMs.

Running Windows 8?
    You must edit the Registry to Enable installing MSI Files as Administrator, then you need to right click on the installer file and select Run as Administrator. You can use the manual method to install the Registry edit, or you can download and run the file to install it.

Manually Add this Registry Edit to enable installing MSI Files as Administrator:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\Shell\runas]
    "HasLUAShield"=""
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\Command]
    @=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\
      00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,\
      73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,2f,\
      00,69,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00

OR, Download This Registry Edit File and double click it to install the Registry Edit.
    Install Registry Edit Use this to install

Remove Registry Edit Use this to remove

attachment.php

Update: Now, MORE products supported. There are now 93 supported phones!!!
    attachment.php
    Now we just need some custom roms...if its possible
    What I did to bring my 900 back from the dead.

Dead Flashing:

The flashing failed and only the 3 lights were coming on with the screen staying OFF.

I unplugged the phone and disconnected it.

The lights were still showing, so I pressed and held the volume button down + Power + Camera, until the lights went off. Then I held the power button until the phone started and the lights came back again.

I reconnected the phone to the PC at this time and selected the No Connection in the Nokia Software which is used to Dead Flash. Then I changed the product name to Lumia 900 and started the flash.

After that I waited for everything to finish and the phone was back and running.

One thing to note is that I tried the hard reset/holding the buttons and connecting several times until the dead flash went through. When everything was done, I was still not sure what exactly I did that got the flash to work, but it worked.

I hope this is of help to people who run into this problem.
    Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't too worried since I know all about dead flashing and the phone in question was a spare and not my primary one.
    No problem, and again, I'm glad it's going. By the way, notice any differences in performance?

EDIT: One more thing, if you have a moment, can you post how you performed the dead flash so others in your position may benefit in the future? Thank you.
    Sir I install in win7 32bit but data manager pop up currently application is not able to work online pls help. I really need to flash my mobile.
    As mentioned on the first post, this tool may not work anymore. Please try this one instead. I've had success with this one working.
    Windows Device Recovery Tool