Ubuntu Mobile

Search This thread

aaron.a

Dec 24, 2010
TechCrunch: The First Ubuntu Smartphones Will Debut In October. http://goo.gl/mag/U3zcak6

Dev previews later this month. Just curious if anyone else is interested enough to poke our hox devs into a working port =D

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Athrun88

Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
We have a talented pool of devs here. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them took it as a side hobby.

eoraptor

Apr 27, 2012
Ottumwa
I'm more curious about the firefox OS than this, honestly. Android is already a bastard child of linux, so Ubuntu isn't going to be any stretch beyond getting drivers and a dialer working.

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
The source comes out next week. Anyone gave plans on porting? :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

nauseousn8

Oct 7, 2012
I would love to see Ubuntu ported to my Evita. I have already run BT5 via chroot and android vnc but having it ported would be f-ing awesome!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

lfwake08

Dec 29, 2008
North Florida
hmm

i imagine this wont be easy and probably a bad idea for a n00b like myself but im happy to put in the time and effort to bring ubuntu to the evita if theres someone out there willing to provide general instruction. is a true port possible or will it have to be built from source?

if any devs have some ideas of where to start ill gladly take a good hard crack at it when its released this week. if not, well just have to be patient and wait for the real developers to do the job :cyclops:

codeprimate

Nov 7, 2012
Perth
Apparently you should be able to drop in an android kernel. So a port should be possible without compiling the kernel. Really lookig forward to seeing ubuntu on my phone.

Top Liked Posts