What are the best replacement earbuds/IEMs under $50 for an Android smartphone?

Search This thread

beautifulsun

Dec 19, 2013
My Samsung Note 2 stock earbuds are so cheap, low quality and they slip out of my hears (expecially the right one, I dunno why..).

Now I'm looking for:

• Good sound quality and volume (obviously).
• Great fit and comfortable, ideally with more than one size.
• Possibly white color.
• In-line remote/mic compatible with Android.
• Ruggedly built so I can shove them in my pocket and bag a lot and they won't break.

Any ideas? I'm coming up empty from reviews and lists of "top" earbuds. Anyway so far my candidates are Vsonic VSD1S/GR07 (but it lacks microphone) and SteelSeries Flux In-Ear (but too gaming attitude).

Thanks!

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
My Samsung Note 2 stock earbuds are so cheap, low quality and they slip out of my hears (expecially the right one, I dunno why..).

Now I'm looking for:

• Good sound quality and volume (obviously).
• Great fit and comfortable, ideally with more than one size.
• Possibly white color.
• In-line remote/mic compatible with Android.
• Ruggedly built so I can shove them in my pocket and bag a lot and they won't break.

Any ideas? I'm coming up empty from reviews and lists of "top" earbuds. Anyway so far my candidates are Vsonic VSD1S/GR07 (but it lacks microphone) and SteelSeries Flux In-Ear (but too gaming attitude).

Thanks!

I would suggest to start with Jeremy's Headphone Buying Guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2131021 and reply to that thread with questions from his original post. A number of people monitor that thread and can provide you with suggestions.

Regarding Vsonic, VSD1S will not have much of the bass, its what called "midcentric" with emphasis on midrange. Plus, I'm reading about a lot of build quality issues. GR07 cost way over $100.

I think your best bet going to be Soundmagic E10 headphones ($35); http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Noise-Isolating-Earphones-BlackGunmetal/dp/B005HP3OB0/

Now keep in mind, none of these headphones will have volume up/down compatible with android, its only for iphone. But mic and multifunction button will work for play/pause/call, double click to skip the song, and song press to start Google NOW. I reviewed a ton of headphones (check out a link in my signature), and have Note 2 as well.

If you can wait a week or so, I have another pair of "budget" $20 headphones coming my way for review. I heard those blow Soundmagic E10 out of the water in sound and build quality, and supposed to have built-in remote with volume controls compatible with Android. I will not know for sure until I test it, but stay tuned.

beautifulsun

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you!

GR07 cost way over $100.

Sorry, I mean GR06!

About VSD1S I've read good reviews like this: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s now I'm looking for something about these Soundmagic E10..

If you can wait a week or so, I have another pair of "budget" $20 headphones coming my way for review. I heard those blow Soundmagic E10 out of the water in sound and build quality, and supposed to have built-in remote with volume controls compatible with Android. I will not know for sure until I test it, but stay tuned.

Name of this wonder?

jRi0T68

Jan 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'd look into LG Quadbeat 2, price, sq, functionality shouldn't disappoint the majority of xda'ers (based solely on reviews I've read).

But, if you're more discerning about sq, please do post in my guide (after reading my long-winded op, you'll learn a lot).

Excreted from my Nexus 5
[Guide] Headphone/Earphone Buying

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Thank you!

Sorry, I mean GR06!

About VSD1S I've read good reviews like this: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s now I'm looking for something about these Soundmagic E10..

Name of this wonder?

I see, Joker liked it :) He is very highly respected reviewer on Innerfidelity and Head-fi, but often they don't look at long term durability. Either way, they do sound ok, I guess. I never had any experience with VSonic, so can't comment beside what I have read on-line where people were complaining about build quality.

Regarding the one I'm waiting for, its Xiaomi Piston 2. That one got a ton of praises on head-fi, but the problem is a lot of fake ones circulating around. Yeah, even at that low price they make fake knock offs which apparently sound like cr@p. So, I want to wait and see what I'm going to receive (real or fake), how do they sound, and the build quality. If its a real ones, I will definitely post a review about it.