No network on US version with ATT

Search This thread

Chuteboxe39

Dec 1, 2008
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem or can help with a solution. I just got my Oppo 7 (love this thing) but it seems the network doesn't work properly. The network seems to be picked up just fine, full bars, under network settings it automatically acquires the APN settings and everything, but I can't do anything over the air without WiFi. As soon as the WiFi is gone, I can't browse the internet, send or receive text messages, etc. What do?

loganmck

Apr 30, 2014
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem or can help with a solution. I just got my Oppo 7 (love this thing) but it seems the network doesn't work properly. The network seems to be picked up just fine, full bars, under network settings it automatically acquires the APN settings and everything, but I can't do anything over the air without WiFi. As soon as the WiFi is gone, I can't browse the internet, send or receive text messages, etc. What do?

I have mine set up on T Mobile and I'm having the same problem. It's pretty annoying. I've tried a factory reset to no avail. My phone downloaded an update this morning which I hoped would fix the problem, but it looks like it hasn't.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

That's odd. There's one thing wrong with this device on stock - its APN database for AT&T is 3-4 years out of date. It was still using the wap.cingular APN when I turned mine on.

You need to manually put in the AT&T LTE APN (pta). ALSO if you've never owned an LTE device before you'll need to talk to AT&T to have your account updated. (Using the pta APN with a Nexus 5 resulted in no data for me too until I had my plan/account updated. You can do this without an actual contract change - for example I'm still grandfathered in to "unlimited data"). In general I would recommend doing this in-person at an AT&T-owned store, not at the phone and not at a franchisee (like most small mall kiosks).

jgunna405

Mar 2, 2010
Could you post your settings?. I confirmed the SIM I got yesterday was lte capable but still no dice.

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Free mobile app

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Could you post your settings?. I confirmed the SIM I got yesterday was lte capable but still no dice.

Just putting in the pta APN with no other info was enough for me.

(MMS is probably borked for me until I fill in the right settings for it but I use MMS maybe once every 3 years at most.)

jgunna405

Mar 2, 2010
Just putting in the pta APN with no other info was enough for me.

(MMS is probably borked for me until I fill in the right settings for it but I use MMS maybe once every 3 years at most.)

I just realized that you were in here Entropy. I appreciate the work you did with the Galaxy S2 (last phone I had before this one). Do you plan on doing any dev work with this one or are you going to take it easy?

mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
mms proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
mms port: 80
apn type: default,mms.supl

That's what I have currently and mms works fine.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I just realized that you were in here Entropy. I appreciate the work you did with the Galaxy S2 (last phone I had before this one). Do you plan on doing any dev work with this one or are you going to take it easy?

I'm working on lighting up omni. Oppo sent us a few devices. :)

Thanks for the MMS info, I should stick that into my device.

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia

I pulled the APN configs for ATT Phone APN from omni's github (I updated it a few months back to what it was from an AT&T stock TouchWiz Galaxy S4 ROM, so it this is update-to-date afaik)

I've bolded the ones that you actually need to touch, otherwise, don't touch them
Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone

Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,subl,mms,hipri (no spaces between them!!!!)

APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled (this should be grayed out anyway)
Bearer: Unspecified

Last edited:

jgunna405

Mar 2, 2010
I pulled the APN configs for ATT Phone APN from omni's github (I updated it a few months back to what it was from an AT&T stock TouchWiz Galaxy S4 ROM, so it this is update-to-date afaik)

I've bolded the ones that you actually need to touch, otherwise, don't touch them
Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone

Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,subl,mms,hipri (no spaces between them!!!!)

APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled (this should be grayed out anyway)
Bearer: Unspecified

I have this as my settings now and still only get H+. (except for the mmsc, you have 3 m's)

Weird thing is that I get 0 connection when I change from phone to pta.

Not sure if locale is the culprit. I'm in Oklahoma City.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
I have this as my settings now and still only get H+. (except for the mmsc, you have 3 m's)

Weird thing is that I get 0 connection when I change from phone to pta.

Not sure if locale is the culprit. I'm in Oklahoma City.

whoops made a typo, yea it's only 2 m's in mmsc

try applying ATT Phone apn and rebooting,,

that's weird. did you call AT&T to confirm that you have the LTE data package on your account like Entropy512 stated ?

jgunna405

Mar 2, 2010
whoops made a typo, yea it's only 2 m's in mmsc

try applying ATT Phone apn and rebooting,,

that's weird. did you call AT&T to confirm that you have the LTE data package on your account like Entropy512 stated ?

I went to the ATT store, but they weren't any help. They confirmed that the SIM they gave me was lte compatible, but I assumed that's the same thing as having an LTE data package. I'll give them a call tonight and let you all know. (btw, just re-applied your settings and still no luck)

edit: called.. and they claim that all accounts have lte compatibility now and of course she had never heard of the OF7a

Last edited:

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
The settings entropy posted were the exact settings my N5 had which I copied over and worked fine. One thing to be aware of is that mine says 4G on LTE and then either H or H+ for those, not sure if this applies only to my service area or what and another might show differently. At any rate if you're getting 4G showing you might wanna run speedtest and see if you are getting LTE.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I went to the ATT store, but they weren't any help. They confirmed that the SIM they gave me was lte compatible, but I assumed that's the same thing as having an LTE data package. I'll give them a call tonight and let you all know. (btw, just re-applied your settings and still no luck)

edit: called.. and they claim that all accounts have lte compatibility now and of course she had never heard of the OF7a

AT&T's SIMs have been LTE compatible for years, even before AT&T had an LTE network. I need to check to be sure, but I'm fairly certain my SIM is still the original "cut down SIM" that I've had since 2011 at least.

It's your account that needs to be LTE-enabled.

Don't call. Phone support is awful. Go to a corporate-owned AT&T physical store. That's where the competent staff are.

(In my case, I originally did the LTE upgrade on a Nexus 5 - if you put a SIM into a Nexus 5 that doesn't have LTE on the account, you'll get a text message saying to call AT&T.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm working on lighting up omni. Oppo sent us a few devices. :)

Thanks for the MMS info, I should stick that into my device.

That's odd. There's one thing wrong with this device on stock - its APN database for AT&T is 3-4 years out of date. It was still using the wap.cingular APN when I turned mine on.

You need to manually put in the AT&T LTE APN (pta). ALSO if you've never owned an LTE device before you'll need to talk to AT&T to have your account updated. (Using the pta APN with a Nexus 5 resulted in no data for me too until I had my plan/account updated. You can do this without an actual contract change - for example I'm still grandfathered in to "unlimited data"). In general I would recommend doing this in-person at an AT&T-owned store, not at the phone and not at a franchisee (like most small mall kiosks).
    Will this help? Won't be LTE, but H+ (my phone doesn't have LTE)

APN: att.mvno
    Proxy : wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMC: 410
    APN Type: default,supl,mms
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Roaming: IPv4
    Thanks for the reply everyone, I entered in the new ATT HSPA+ APN and it works like a charm now.