[Q] High Temperature detected powering off for protection

Search This thread

joaovictorssa

Feb 4, 2014
Guys, excuse my English.

This week I bought 2 tablets Lg g Pad. One for me and one for my girlfriend

I think that mine is defective because it almost never gets past the test of Antutu. Always inform your tablet which will be shut down because of heat and it turns off automatically. The few times I managed to do the test, it registers 19 to 22mil points.

On the tablet of my girlfriend I can do this test and usually always score reaches 25,000 points, with little variation.

Someone already managed to fix this? I'll have to take it to rma?

Another recurring problem I'm having with my tablet is the message "Unfortunately, bluetooth has stopped" every time I open the TrackID app. Although I have tested bluetooth and is running smoothly.

muiriddin

Feb 25, 2013
Mid-Atlantic
Guys, excuse my English.

I think that mine is defective because it almost never gets past the test of Antutu. Always inform your tablet which will be shut down because of heat and it turns off automatically. The few times I managed to do the test, it registers 19 to 22mil points.

On the tablet of my girlfriend I can do this test and usually always score reaches 25,000 points, with little variation.

Another recurring problem I'm having with my tablet is the message "Unfortunately, bluetooth has stopped" every time I open the TrackID app. Although I have tested bluetooth and is running smoothly.

I believe the overheating gpad should be rma'd or returned to the place of purchase and exchanged. Something is definitely wrong and of the few I have heard had overheating issues I have not heard of anyone fixing them themselves...

aicjofs

Nov 6, 2012
Portland, Oregon
There are different CPU bin's out there. You might have one that takes a higher voltage to hit max clocks. As it is I feel the Gpad runs very close to that software shutdown limit in my testing. I can't remember the number off the top of my head but the stock LG kernel thermal shutdown is like 95 or 97, the qualcomm hard shutdown is 120 I think. So it *is* possibly to fix by changing the kernel shutdown limit higher. I don't think that should be necessary though for the owner to do, that tablet should work with all 4 cores at 100% or you aren't getting what you paid for. You can see in your Antutu scores that yours is thermal throttling the CPU speed and STILL exceeding the limit sometimes.

Karmashkinjo

Jun 19, 2014
Guys, excuse my English.

I have absolutely same problems. Antutu test become my pad overheated and go to shutdown. I try to run Antutu without heat protection- same problem but shutdown without message on same place. Also I have some extra temperature while using Chrome or Opera and open a lot of bookmarks. Brightness lowering automatically due overheating and come back automatically then device become "normal" temp. I have 4.4.2 Rooted stock firmware. V50020a.

Mohib

Mar 7, 2007
Issue with mine is that it gives this error and shuts down but in actual its quiet cool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to disable automatic lowering the brightness, use app from the play store called: "LGBrightnessPatcher", NO SPACE.

also can be used to other LG's devices...