CM7 and MIUI for Venue

Search This thread

chacona

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
Hi all,
I cannot install Viber with this CM7 ROM, Market reported it as "non compatible with your Dell Venue device". Do you have any ideas of installing Viber with CM7?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
What reason does the web site give you for marking it incompatable?

If this is what you're talking about, my V is marked as compatable.

Reactions: chacona

chacona

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
@Themathers: actually, I have successfully installed Viber before, then used AppBackup and Restore to restore it to sdcard.

Then, I flashed CM7 using CWM, trying to use File Manager to install Viber from sdcard (.apk) failed with just this message "Application is not installed" - no more details given.

@TheManii: with stock 408 ROM, I could install it. Only after switching to CM7 I do not have that ability.

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
@Themathers: actually, I have successfully installed Viber before, then used AppBackup and Restore to restore it to sdcard.

Then, I flashed CM7 using CWM, trying to use File Manager to install Viber from sdcard (.apk) failed with just this message "Application is not installed" - no more details given.

@TheManii: with stock 408 ROM, I could install it. Only after switching to CM7 I do not have that ability.

Viber:Free Calls & Messages just downloaded and installed fine on my Venue from the Play Store on the phone itself. Was that the app in question?

Last edited:
Reactions: chacona

chacona

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
Michael, you're using CM7, aren't you. If that is the case I guess that there might be some issues with my CM7. Have you installed GApps? I do not install (just install Vending, GoogleServicesFramework and without Calendar Sync, other apps...) so it might be the case. I will try flashing CM7 again, and install all GApps to see whether it works!

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
Michael, you're using CM7, aren't you. If that is the case I guess that there might be some issues with my CM7. Have you installed GApps? I do not install (just install Vending, GoogleServicesFramework and without Calendar Sync, other apps...) so it might be the case. I will try flashing CM7 again, and install all GApps to see whether it works!

I am using CM7, and loaded the full GApps from the same thread as the CM7 link.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
Got my Venue out of the drawer to play with these. Just flashed the MIUI ROM and am setting it up. Very nice. I'm not ditching my Skyrocket anytime soon, but these are very nice options for the Venue.

chacona

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
I am able to build a CM ROM myself using this thread owner's development files. They're great, but you will have to make some changes for it to work (e.g. DEVICE and VENDOR should be "venue" and "dell", not "lge" and "lu2300"!

Still in the progress of digging these files for more customization! :)

Reactions: xHausx and kakagi

muralisn

Jun 9, 2009
Austin
Mute function not working

Hi Moved to CM7 couple of months back, but found this issue today with my phone, the mute function does not seem to be working both the mute switch and the mute button on the dial screen seems to be not working.

Even in mute the receiver is able to listen to what i am talking, Is this something related to CM7 migration or an hardware issue?

Anyone else also facing this issue?

Suggest me some solution or I need to take this the service center.

muralisn

Jun 9, 2009
Austin
Is this issue only on CM7 or even on MINI too.
Can some one guide me to stock gingerbread ROM for venue.

Sent from my Dell Venue using XDA

prasad12ka4

Hi Moved to CM7 couple of months back, but found this issue today with my phone, the mute function does not seem to be working both the mute switch and the mute button on the dial screen seems to be not working.

Even in mute the receiver is able to listen to what i am talking, Is this something related to CM7 migration or an hardware issue?

Anyone else also facing this issue?

Suggest me some solution or I need to take this the service center.
Thanks mate..
This wasnt identified unless you told us.

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
No mute issues. The is a stock ROM that was debranded from all the Olleh specific stuff and cleaned up a bit.
Just wipe data, cache and dalvik in CWM before you flash it and factory reset from the Dell menu after reboot.

Reactions: Dell Venue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi ' ';
    This is CM7 and MIUI for venue.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f90c9utsp8luknd <- update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-DV-KANG-HPA-BETA2-signed.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bt6ld4dqyckowy3 <- MIUI.us_venue_2.3.16_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed.zip

Streak and Venue are very similar, so development progress was very fast. ^^;
    Both roms use Stock kernel. (Because Venue kernel source have some bugs.)
    For MIUI GPS work, Settings -> My Location -> Automatic Assisted GPS turn off.
    CM7 will need gapps may be. http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Because Venue is my friend's, and I gave Venue to friend back, I don't have venue now.
    I think Dell and I are strangers. kkkk... T^ T;;

+ADD : CM7 and MIUI work everything. Roms are tested in Korea Venue forum.
    +ADD : Because of above, I can't upload screenshots. Sorry about that....

I don't have permission about write thread on dev forum. So I'm sorry to write here this thread...

http://www.mediafire.com/?tztvztzgqtdu5q2 <- My CM7 Dev file
    Don't forget to post feedback please.

Sent from my Dell Venue using xda premium

Just installed the MIUI ROM - it works great! Don't notice any issues so far. The UI is gorgeous as one would expect. Will try the CM7 next.

Few reminders on the install process. Your phone needs to be running Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) - if you need to learn how to do that please go here. You also need to have CWM installed. And the relevant ROM file(s) downloaded to the root of your SD card.

Once you're in the CWM recovery before you flash the ROM zip, you need to :
    1. Wipe data/Factory Reset) in CWM recovery
    2. Wipe Cache Partition
    3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Flash the zip(s)
    5. Reboot
    6. Before booting to the ROM the first time, press power and volume up and down buttons to do a Factory Reset
    7. Enjoy

Note: I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi in the first steps of MIUI ROM (got some kind of Android Google error) but you can skip it and then everything is fine. :)

Here are some screenshots from MIUI:
    I'm going to eventually repack CM7 with a bunch of fixes already available for CM7 on the S5.

It's going to be the equvilent of [CM7] (Unofficial) CM 7.2 RC0 information thread

If you've already installed CM7 for the V, you can apply the optional mods from that link too, they'll work on either device.

I've also installed CM7 myself, so I'll be migrating over to making/porting stuffs for it, such as stage 1.6 (eventually)
    CM7 installed successfully as well!

Everything that's supposed to work in CM7 appears to be working. Here are some screenshots:
    OVER LOCK CPU UP TO 1228MHZ by chacona (tinhte.vn forum)
    Kernel_Venue_Miui_1228.zip : http://www.mediafire.com/?hxpk676a771h7ns
    Kernel_Venue_CM7_1228.zip : http://www.mediafire.com/?4c3yytfoq2m35mq