[Q] Why is Android OS draining so much?

Search This thread

kylexda12

Dec 23, 2013
http://imgur.com/a/yniII

Why is it that android is 2nd just after screen in eating battery? What's wrong?

I have disabled sync and turned off the various samsung apps which do syncing in the background. What else am i missing? NFC, etc are all turned off

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Welcome in the club ;)

It called AndroidOS Bug and Google play services Bug.
Please search for it, and you'll find the answer.

No really solution about this **** :-/

So many Threads about the same problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

kylexda12

Dec 23, 2013
Welcome in the club ;)

It called AndroidOS Bug and Google play services Bug.
Please search for it, and you'll find the answer.

No really solution about this **** :-/

So many Threads about the same problem.

so basically wait till the next update but till then my battery is ****?

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
so basically wait till the next update but till then my battery is ****?

You can try the recommended solutions if you see that your accu is draining by AndroidOS.
But they are only temporally.
Sometimes Restart help, if not, clear Google play services CACHE, shut down and remove accu for short time.

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
German Akku = battery in english ;)

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

Reactions: kylexda12

Bulbous

Nov 10, 2012
Dubai
oh lol ok thanks.

Any other tips aside from these? This is really a problem that's firmware related?

I'm not sure that it is. Sometimes my battery runs out really fast, just a day
Sometimes it Lasts really well.

It's horribly unpredictable, but I don't think it's firmware. A firmware problem would be consistent.

Currently my battery is at 55% and it's been running 1 day 19 hours. Same usage as normal.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
OT :D

Never learned English at school :-\

My fault, thought.... never need that stupid language :D

Sorry, now I know.... I was very stupid to ignore what my teacher told me :D

peped94

Nov 23, 2012
have u do a factory reset after update ? i had do a factory reset through setting but problem still occur. i will try to do factory reset in recovery mode to check whether it solve or not. btw, what is the difference between do a factory reset in setting and do it in recovery mode ? which one is better ?

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
No, I didn't reset it after Update, because I do it few days before. I try first the reset in settings. Bug already exists. Then I used the recovery menu, clear cache and do a factory reset. Same Bug comes few hours later back.

I read in German forum that other people do the same after the new update, but same s h i t with AndroidOS comes again.
After I read this I tried no factory reset by myself.

I don't know there is any different between booth ways to reset your device

Last edited:

kylexda12

Dec 23, 2013
No, I didn't reset it after Update, because I do it few days before. I try first the reset in settings. Bug already exists. Then I used the recovery menu, clear cache and do a factory reset. Same Bug cones few hours later back.

I read in German forum that other people do the same after the new update, but same s h i t with AndroidOS comes again.
After I read this I tried no factory reset by myself.

I don't know there is any different between booth ways to reset your device

same thing as you. I factory resetted and everything, but it seems that MJ7 is just ****

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
same thing as you. I factory resetted and everything, but it seems that MJ7 is just ****

Yes, I think the MJ7 has a bug since few weeks ago at the point, where Google is updated any f....ing Service in the Background.
I don't know, maybe the NSA need a full Copy off all calls, messages and location movements every second, not only in 15 Minutes steps!? :-/

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Am in MK2 and facing the same problem with Android OS

okay...i never used MK2 in Germany.

I have my Note 3 since 29.08.2013 without problems! Nothing changed last 4 weeks!
Few days ago i realized the battery drain issue, because i dont use the phone, but battery goes down.
I look in the battery infomation, the AndroidOS is now on top of all Apps and Services that running the whole day

Sword Fish

Dec 15, 2011
Calgary
The easiest way to fix this until a new firmware is released is to disable "Use Wireless Networks" under "Location Services". This has fixed mine for the past couple of weeks. As soon as I turn it back on, battery life sucks!

reach3r

Jun 16, 2012
Holy cow, thanks for this tip! Made a huge difference on my phone.

In my experience this is not a solution to the bug that the OP is writing about and which makes so many people lose their mind over the ridiculous battery drain.

Tried though (because it was turned on for some reason) and will look what my battery says tomorrow morning (not charging over night).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The easiest way to fix this until a new firmware is released is to disable "Use Wireless Networks" under "Location Services". This has fixed mine for the past couple of weeks. As soon as I turn it back on, battery life sucks!
    German Akku = battery in english ;)

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
    SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
    XDA Developers 4 premium app
    Having achieved a new pb in Android OS battery use yesterday - 60% - and found no obvious cause with BBS and WLD, I decided to something about it it, i.e., more cowbell Google.

I found this thread from a couple of years back, and decided to try it.

For those who don't want to read 6 pages, go to system>bin in your phone, find the gsiff_daemon file and rename it by adding .bak to the end.

Seems to be working so far, Android OS is back to 5% and I don't seem to have lost any GPS functionality (I use Top NTP).

Will keep monitoring and report back, if anyone else tries it please post your observations.

I never rename it, I just dump it straight away every time I update a rom :D