[Q] Festival battery saving rom/settings?

Search This thread

Kurtis.UK

May 19, 2011
I will be soon be going to a festival for a few days and will be taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) and would like the battery to last as long as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of roms, or tweaks so I can get the most of of my battery life.

I will be performing a clean install of the rom and will be disabling unneeded apps and services such as sync and internet but wondered if there is anything else i can do :)

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
I will be soon be going to a festival for a few days and will be taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) and would like the battery to last as long as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of roms, or tweaks so I can get the most of of my battery life.

I will be performing a clean install of the rom and will be disabling unneeded apps and services such as sync and internet but wondered if there is anything else i can do :)

Of course you can. buy duracell power bank.

Kurtis.UK

May 19, 2011
Sorry i forgot to mention I'm running cm11 atm, so that mod won't work.. I was looking at portable power packs but noticed they can only charge my phone 2/3 times unless i spend alot of ££.. I have just bought two spare batteries which may charge up and take for £2.40 each

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
best option for festivals is to buy some old old nokias. battery lasts for days on those things and plus no one wants to steal them!

but if you have to take your sparkly new S4 then you could try putting it into airplane mode whenever you're not using it and turn airplane mode off only if you get separated from your group? you probably won't get a great reception in the middle of a field anyway, which is one of the biggest battery drainers when it's constantly searching for a signal.

::EDIT::

also, don't forget to disable sync settings and location settings too.

Last edited: