[Q] Windows 8.1 Developer Preview

Search This thread

Bhupi7411

Jan 22, 2013
Anybody updated their htc 8X to 8.1? :fingers-crossed: I wanna know what are all the problems i might face? :good:

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
I did! I have the T-Mobile US version. I haven't received any official firmware past GDR2, so things might work better for you...

Some things I noticed:
1. GPS seems to be "Funny"...it seems to randomly stop updating/cause Here Drive+ to lock up momentarily.
2. After I installed the update, I had to hard-reset my phone to get it working again.
3. After you complete the upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1, go into Settings --> Backup --> and delete all backups. Then tell it to do a manual backup. There is a weird bug where the auto and manual backup fails out at 96% unless you do this.
4. everything else seems to be fine.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Bhupi7411

Bhupi7411

Jan 22, 2013
I did! I have the T-Mobile US version. I haven't received any official firmware past GDR2, so things might work better for you...

Some things I noticed:
1. GPS seems to be "Funny"...it seems to randomly stop updating/cause Here Drive+ to lock up momentarily.
2. After I installed the update, I had to hard-reset my phone to get it working again.
3. After you complete the upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1, go into Settings --> Backup --> and delete all backups. Then tell it to do a manual backup. There is a weird bug where the auto and manual backup fails out at 96% unless you do this.

Hope that helps!

i'll wait for the official update then :fingers-crossed:

Beeko

Feb 5, 2010
Eureka
I'm on verizon, I did a factory reset, then I upgraded. Haven't had any issues yet besides 1 app no opening at all. But other than that everything is good.

Reactions: g.t

Hemsby

Jun 30, 2012
I have updated mine from the beginning. No problems at all. Best thing I ever did. HTC 8x on VirginMobile network in the UK.

HuthmannA

Nov 25, 2008
Anybody updated their htc 8X to 8.1? :fingers-crossed: I wanna know what are all the problems i might face? :good:
I switched to WP 8.1 (Germany) last weekend. All works fine but I had do adjust the background tasks and especially the G3 usage. Battery was draining faster than before, but after some adjustments I think I got it under control.
I do not regret the change at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Some things I noticed:

Hope that helps!
    I'm on verizon, I did a factory reset, then I upgraded. Haven't had any issues yet besides 1 app no opening at all. But other than that everything is good.