help with C7 RC1 installtion

Search This thread

secrethojo

Jul 15, 2010
So i have tried for the past few days to get RC1 working on my phone, i cannot get it to work for the life of me, im currently running build 78 on my phone, anytime i flash the new rom, it wont go past the android guy riding the skateboard, and will get stuck at bootloop on the animation, i have tried doing a fresh install, any suggestions?

L551

Nov 30, 2010
Build 78 doesn't even exist, lol.

You've Nandroid-ed your previous install right? Just in case.

Maybe you should try build 43, as if you use RC1, you will have the lockscreen dialer issue.

Try re-downloading the ROM's zip file. You may have got a bad one. (I realize there are MD5 tools out there, but I could never get one to work right.)

Are you are booting into clockworkmod recovery by holding down the down volume button when turning on the phone and selecting recovery? And not when you have the USB plugged in? The usb way does not work right.

Make sure you have factory wiped, wiped cache, and wiped dalvik before installing the zip. (You can use the trackball to navigate recovery fyi)

Don't use a old google apps zip either.

Sent from my Aria - CM7 Build 43

L551

Nov 30, 2010
That hasn't been required for awhile, I believe.

have you tried formatting system seperately after wiping data? as it instructs from the first release of the nightlies? (if i remember right, hah) wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache , then partitions>format system, then flash the zip ?

secrethojo

Jul 15, 2010
Yes, i have nanaroid's backed up, as well downloaded new zip files of everything, at first i assumed it was due to wireless MAYBE that packet was dropped, downloaded it on hard wire just to be safe, fresh zip files, for everything same thing, and i dont boot while plugged into USB

L551

Nov 30, 2010
Can you flash and boot other roms successfully? CM6 or FR008?