Working WM 6.1 - UPDATE! 13/04/2008

Search This thread

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Just applied the updated version and it seems to work great, nice work indeed.
Does anyone know or have tip on how to change the keyboard layout when using WM 6.1? I really want to change it to Swedish layout on my phone. Also if it is possible to add XT9 swedish language to it.

/Chrille

Hi,

Yes, both are possible.. the Norwegian keymap in applied to this version, with Æ, Ø and Å.. Do a search around and try to find the swedish keymap. Rest is easy with a small registry fix.

Swedish MUI code is 041D i think.. So you would the need the keymap named: eT9.Wings.041D.kmap.txt

PS. new update comming in 15 minutes :)

Last edited:

phailo

Mar 11, 2007
I have a problem with 1.00.001.4. Everything works perfect but the in-call screen. When I choose a contact and hit green button (send), all text is white on white background. That means I can see that I'm calling to someone (phone icon in the tray) but don't see anything more, just white screen. If I do have any picture set on the called contact, I see this picture but no text at all.

Attachments

• Captured-1.jpg
    Captured-1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Lurchy24

Dec 14, 2007
Sorry, this is a stupid question for the guys that know what they are doing. I have downloaded the update utility as well as the nbh file. They are both in a folder on my desktop. The instructions say to extract the exe file and replace the existing nbh file with the new one. As the updater is an exe file, I don't have the option to unzip anything. Am I supposed to?

If I continue and run the updater, it just installs the original Rom (not the new one). Am I missing a step?

Thanks...

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Sorry, this is a stupid question for the guys that know what they are doing. I have downloaded the update utility as well as the nbh file. They are both in a folder on my desktop. The instructions say to extract the exe file and replace the existing nbh file with the new one. As the updater is an exe file, I don't have the option to unzip anything. Am I supposed to?

If I continue and run the updater, it just installs the original Rom (not the new one). Am I missing a step?

Thanks...

In the folder you extracted the update program there is a RUU_signed.nbh file.
Replace that file with the RUU_signed.nbh you downloaded..

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
I have a problem with 1.00.001.4. Everything works perfect but the in-call screen. When I choose a contact and hit green button (send), all text is white on white background. That means I can see that I'm calling to someone (phone icon in the tray) but don't see anything more, just white screen. If I do have any picture set on the called contact, I see this picture but no text at all.

Now thats strange.. The problem you have is that the background image is not showing..
The standard HTC black backround should still appear and with white text..
On my device the HTC black backround shows..
If a restart does not resolve your problem I would recommend you flash it again..

Lurchy24

Dec 14, 2007
In the folder you extracted the update program there is a RUU_signed.nbh file.
Replace that file with the RUU_signed.nbh you downloaded..

Thanks for the reply. I have not had to extract anything though. The file I download is an exe. Am I supposed to use a utility to extract something else out of it? I just ran it. Once again, I apologize for the tedious questions...

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Thanks for the reply. I have not had to extract anything though. The file I download is an exe. Am I supposed to use a utility to extract something else out of it? I just ran it. Once again, I apologize for the tedious questions...

Not tedious questions.. You can unzip the exe file. Could be you need to have WinRar or an other similar program installed.

Now thats strange.. The problem you have is that the background image is not showing..
The standard HTC black backround should still appear and with white text..
On my device the HTC black backround shows..
If a restart does not resolve your problem I would recommend you flash it again..

maybe you could try to disable phone skin (HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin > Disabled to 1)

zebra333

Sep 7, 2007
Hi Guys,

thanks for the great job, really helpful... This rom works perfectly for me !

One small glitch however is that as I'm french I need to get my french Azerty keyboard mapping back in order to use the azerty keyboard properly again.

The bad news is that I can't find the related file anywhere...

Is anyone here possessing a french wings with original rom can upload or attach the french mapping file included in their phone.

File should be in the "\Windows" folder and should be named "eT9.Wings.040C.kmap.txt"

Thanks for the help !

Jeff

chrilleberg

Mar 13, 2007
Hi,

Yes, both are possible.. the Norwegian keymap in applied to this version, with Æ, Ø and Å.. Do a search around and try to find the swedish keymap. Rest is easy with a small registry fix.

Swedish MUI code is 041D i think.. So you would the need the keymap named: eT9.Wings.041D.kmap.txt

PS. new update comming in 15 minutes :)

I can see that the file eT9.Wings.0414.kmap.txt is in the ROM, that is for Norwegian but it is the same as for Swedish.
I tried to change some registry settings but I got very strange problems when trying to enter PIN, it types strange chars every time.
The registry entries I changed were these, and they didn’t work.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\keyboard layout\Preload]
"Default"="e0010414"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\keyboard layout\Preload\1]
"Default"="e0010414"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oem\Qwerty]
"Layout"="132116"

Any tip on how to change the keyboard layout in this ROM to the one eT9.Wings.0414.kmap.txt?

/Chrille

mpattonm

Jan 24, 2008
Pardubice
Guys, I just want to report that everything works great so far with latest release (1.4). The only thing is left, I still can not delete any file from lets say Windows folder using MobileExplorer (enitre Edit menu is grayed out), while this was possible with factory image. For example, StartUp menu folder contents can not be deleted. Maybe its just a security feature in WM6.1

wetete

Apr 4, 2006
AZERTY Mapping

Hi Guys,

thanks for the great job, really helpful... This rom works perfectly for me !

One small glitch however is that as I'm french I need to get my french Azerty keyboard mapping back in order to use the azerty keyboard properly again.

The bad news is that I can't find the related file anywhere...

Is anyone here possessing a french wings with original rom can upload or attach the french mapping file included in their phone.

File should be in the "\Windows" folder and should be named "eT9.Wings.040C.kmap.txt"

Thanks for the help !

Jeff

This is the content of "eT9.Vox.040C.kmap.txt" on my azerty wings device. Note that the title refers to the Vox and not the Wings. I guess it does not matter because it works and I do have a wings S730 (with the standard ROM).

//
// N O T E: This file must be saved as Unicode

//
// This file contains the virtual keys mapping table for the
// Cavalier device. The mapping table is define as follow
//
// VK_TPOUND = 0x78
// VK_TSTAR = 0x77
// VK_TAB = 0x09
//
// We do not support escape value yet. So the key/char values should be
// entered explicitly or by encoding start with 0x
//
// Format:
// {VK VK' CH1 CH2}
// VK -> value from keyboard driver
// VK' -> printed on keys
// CH1 -> symbols produced by Fn + key
// CH2 -> symbols in 123 mode
{0xBE . @ @} // 0xBE = VK_PERIOD
{Q A ! !}
{W Z 0 0}
{E E 1 1}
{R R 2 2}
{T T 3 3}
{Y Y + +}
{U U / /}
{I I ( (}
{O O ) )}
{P P , ,}
{A Q ? ?}
{S S * *}
{D D 4 4}
{F F 5 5}
{G G 6 6}
{H H - -}
{J J _ _}
{K K : :}
{L L ; ;}
{Z W 0x09 W}
{X X # #}
{C C 7 7}
{V V 8 8}
{B B 9 9}
{N N 0xFA N} // 0xFA = Launch symbol window
{M M 0xFB M} // 0xFB = Launch SMS
{0x26 0x26 0x21 0x26} // 0xF1 = up arrow, 0x21 = page up
{0x28 0x28 0x22 0x28} // 0xF2 = down arrow, 0x22 = page down
{0x25 0x25 0xFD 0x25} // 0xF3 = left arrow, 0xFD = launch pIE
{0x27 0x27 0xDE 0x27} // 0xF4 = right arrow, 0xDE = '

Last edited:

zebra333

Sep 7, 2007
This won't do it as the Wings keyboard layout differs slightly from the Vox keyboard layout... thanks for the help anyway !

I should have saved the files from my original wings rom, stupid I am...

pauliusba

Jun 30, 2007
Could you please make a version without any modifications to UI (without anything removed including "stupid stuff" like Welcome links, etc, and without any custom stuff added (like pics, additional apps))? It's not a Tornado with 64mb rom!
And does 3G calling work with this rom?

Last edited:

fcosta

Jan 23, 2005
Sorry for my bad english..

I wanna try this ROM, but my progress bar until update don´t pass the 0%..

Any people with my problem or any idea to how to resolve?

Thanks and sorry my bad english

Top Liked Posts