[DEV] Multiboot working on BRAVO

Search This thread

syllogyking

Sep 13, 2011
here. there. everywhere.
Well, I wanted to try this, I saw it in DEFY forums and always I thought this could work for BRAVO too.

I tried and everything is working fine.

Im using now CM7 and ICS CM9 Quarx version with froyo kernel :D

I'll try later with GINGERBLUR!

Follow this steps:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1364659

Any question Im here!

I tried also with good results! CM7 + CM9 is a good combo - allows us to have camera working as well as the latest and greatest AOSP. It's amazing how similar the two devices are.

The trick is to correctly allocate the sizes of the 3 ext-3 fsimages based on personal use. 300 mb was way too small for me :p

This mod definitely has lots of quirks though...if you don't know what you're doing, it might not work.
After downloading files, I would suggest looking at this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21401063&postcount=249

Last edited:

eternal.sumit

Apr 13, 2011
Well, I wanted to try this, I saw it in DEFY forums and as always I thought this could work for BRAVO too.

Follow this steps:

Any question Im here!

what is GINGERBLUR and froyo kernel???I am using CM7 now.Is there any way to make camera working on CM9 for bravo?????

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

no.

cm7 w/ camera is on 2ndint
cm9 w/o camera is on 2ndboot

if i want camera, i can simply boot into 2ndint. so then i don't have to keep reflashing cm7 if i want a working camera! it's very convenient :D

Do you mean u boot into CM7 for working camera and boot into CM9 for other time & this is very convenient due to multi boot manager????.OR have u found any means by which u get working camera on CM9???

Reactions: skeevydude

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
what is GINGERBLUR and froyo kernel???I am using CM7 now.Is there any way to make camera working on CM9 for bravo?????

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Do you mean u boot into CM7 for working camera and boot into CM9 for other time & this is very convenient due to multi boot manager????.OR have u found any means by which u get working camera on CM9???

I have a library replacement hack to get photo camera working, should be in the next thead down. I'd use the libraries from the latest nightly released earlier today, they're probably better since they were updated since last release.

eternal.sumit

Apr 13, 2011
Well, I wanted to try this, I saw it in DEFY forums and as always I thought this could work for BRAVO too.

Follow this steps:

Any question Im here!

please can you provide with detail step by step guide of how to do this.The link you provided as steps is quite confusing.I have full working quarx CM7 nightly edition of bravo as base ROM.I don't even see you tube video for this guide.It would be great aid to bravo users if you could possibly upload video on this at you tube.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
please can you provide with detail step by step guide of how to do this.The link you provided as steps is quite confusing.I have full working quarx CM7 nightly edition of bravo as base ROM.I don't even see you tube video for this guide.It would be great aid to bravo users if you could possibly upload video on this at you tube.

If you are running alredy CM7 it will be very easy for you.

You can try Multiboot manager instead of doing it manually:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522329

It is very easy, anything Im going to be here to answer!

Reactions: eternal.sumit

sdrawkcab3

Feb 18, 2008
Probably naive...

I'm just getting back into the fun, and it's nice to see how things have progressed...wow.

Will multi-boot CM7/CM9 share app data?

EDIT: And I don't see the Play app in CM9?

Last edited:
Reactions: josuearisty

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Reactions: sdrawkcab3

eternal.sumit

Apr 13, 2011

thanks a lot!!.I finally succeeded in multibooting CM7 & CM9.But when i flash CM7White Rabbit it doesn't boot at all.I think I made mistake while creating virtual image file.can u please help me succeed CM7White rabbit to boot flawlessly using multi boot.Also I need to install MIUIpikachu version via multiboot.please help me.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
thanks a lot!!.I finally succeeded in multibooting CM7 & CM9.But when i flash CM7White Rabbit it doesn't boot at all.I think I made mistake while creating virtual image file.can u please help me succeed CM7White rabbit to boot flawlessly using multi boot.Also I need to install MIUIpikachu version via multiboot.please help me.

Please try it again.

I tried three roms at a time and worked fine for me.

CM7, CM9 and MIUI.

I will try this rom to see if there is a problem with me.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
WR and Pikachu were originally made to be used with 2nd-boot, but that never worked with the Bravo. I've never tried them on multiboot. I don't normally use multi boot due to too much music on my sdcard. That, and I had problems with roms with bugs/glitches they didn't have when installed to the system.

Honestly, WR is buggy as hell. I'd release an update, but I can't get some of the tweaks to work right and there's no radio after installing the updated one. If you want an updated WR, the closest thing is my current nandroid...The only problem is its touch recovery and I've never once tried multi boot with touch recovery.

I suppose I could remove touch recovery up my nandroid later today. It has working Bravia(yes I tested before and after and I made a difference), updated beats audio, 30 step volume, cyanbread framework themeing, brews coffee, the miui explorer from Defy forum, custom framework animations, transparent status bar/notification drawer, walks your dog, and zepplinrox's scripts already ran and set up. It has everything WR had except Go Launcher and Miui apps.

Autocorrect is pissing me off. Miui was Louis, Mohican, and Minuit. And my thumb is sore now.:rolleyes:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
A little late, but superuser was broken on ICS multiboot. Its fixed on the 0417 release.

Has anyone else been having problems installing multiboot when CM9 is the primary nand rom? It installs, boots to 2nd-system, but nothing works except boot from nand. Selecting anything other than boot from nand gives me the multiboot error screen and I have to reboot. The same zip works perfectly fine with CM7.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
A little late, but superuser was broken on ICS multiboot. Its fixed on the 0417 release.

Has anyone else been having problems installing multiboot when CM9 is the primary nand rom? It installs, boots to 2nd-system, but nothing works except boot from nand. Selecting anything other than boot from nand gives me the multiboot error screen and I have to reboot. The same zip works perfectly fine with CM7.

I have never installed cm9 as a prinary rom, well I did it, but didnt install other roms.

Last edited:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
ONE IDIOT QUESTION: two system will use more battery? Or there are any disadvantage to use two system?

A system installed on the sdcard tends to use a bit more battery in my experience. That and the lost gigabyte of sd storage are the only disadvantages of using multiboot.

I will add that some roms have glitches when installed to the sdcard they normally wouldn't have as a nand install. Its a hit or miss when dealing with multiboot sd roms and glitches.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Follow this steps:

Any question Im here!
    So u have a working camera on Cm9 ::confused::
    Sent from my MB520 using XDA App

no.

if i want camera, i can simply boot into 2ndint. so then i don't have to keep reflashing cm7 if i want a working camera! it's very convenient :D

Follow this steps:

Any question Im here!

no.

Probably naive...

I'm just getting back into the fun, and it's nice to see how things have progressed...wow.

Will multi-boot CM7/CM9 share app data?

EDIT: And I don't see the Play app in CM9?