Action + Power key combination??? What does it do

Search This thread

Xx_xBLADEx_xX

Sep 4, 2009
San Antonio
Okay, so my Mytouch is bricked, and I'm trying to figure out if theres a way to unbrick it and while messing with the phone I do this:

While the phone is off, when holding down the "Action" key then pressing the "Power" key, the led illuminates blue. The screen does nothing!

So, I don't know if something else happens to a perfectly normal working MT3G/Hero but I thought I would share and ask if there are any other key combination besides the regular fastboot presses.

Is there a list or does anyone know all the possible combinations and what they do?

awatt

Jul 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm in the same boat as you, but I've tried every combination possible and nothing. The only thing I can say is after about 3 hours on a charger the charging light comes on but once I press the power key that stops. I think this is one of those phones that once you brick you're done for and there is nothing to bring it back.

swissp

Nov 21, 2009
I had saved this info a while back:

BACK + POWER : Fastboot mode
VOLDOWN + POWER : Hboot mode
ACTION (trackball) + POWER : Radio Bootloader
HOME + POWER : Recovery mode
SEND + MENU + POWER : Reboot

I don't know what's the use of the Radio bootloader though. What I can tell you is that even on a working phone you don't get more than the blue led (I just tested)

sorry if it's not very helpful

Xx_xBLADEx_xX

Sep 4, 2009
San Antonio
Home+Power = recovery mode
volume down+power = fastboot
don't know of any past that

I had saved this info a while back:

BACK + POWER : Fastboot mode
VOLDOWN + POWER : Hboot mode
ACTION (trackball) + POWER : Radio Bootloader
HOME + POWER : Recovery mode
SEND + MENU + POWER : Reboot

I don't know what's the use of the Radio bootloader though. What I can tell you is that even on a working phone you don't get more than the blue led (I just tested)

sorry if it's not very helpful

Thanks for the help, this actually helps :)

Dec 14, 2009
shanghai
Just wanna to adds :

From Fast Boot screen <vol down + power> and you press <back>, will come this options :

<vol down> HBoot Mode
<send> Reset Device
<Action> Restart to HBoot
<MENU> Power Down

:)

Phk

I have a Magic phone that became bricked after a faulty Radio upgrade.
I'm getting this icon EVERYTIME:

magicbrickedradio.jpg

But if I press Action+Power, the screen is black and the led is also blue!!!!

Can this be a way out?

akaSurfer

Apr 17, 2011
Did flash of Hboot 1.33.2005 while being on HBoot 1.33.2010. that action made my cell be able only power on with Vodafone red splash screen stayin forever.
Cant access HBOOT through Back+Power or Vol down+Power anymore.And dont have any ROM installed on phone.
Found that combination as well Action+Power.
dont know if it usefull in this case.
Option i found so far is JTAG method. that can unbrick device by loadin new HBOOT and Radio. so resurrection still available. didnt try it but hope i will.
gud luck w ur deadmen guys! keep tryin :cool:

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

I have a Magic phone that became bricked after a faulty Radio upgrade.
I'm getting this icon EVERYTIME:

magicbrickedradio.jpg

But if I press Action+Power, the screen is black and the led is also blue!!!!

Can this be a way out?

go to HBoot (if it still possible 4 ur brick) so u ll be able to flash new radio and hboot in the right way + load recovery u need to flash rom