ATTENTION CANADIAN USERS: Forums for Canadian carriers

Search This thread
ATTN Anyone in the Brampton/Caledon, ON areas. Which modem do you find works best for you? My signal quality is always in the yellow while in Brampton. I haven't tinkered with flashing different modems yet and am currently using the one that comes with the official JB release from Rogers (see sig).

I find that too. It does provide the whole array of frequencies but the signal is never very strong. Try the first modem LLH1 it only gets 3g or lte but its surprisingly stable and fast.

gutlessmerc

Nov 5, 2012
Guys, quick question: If we are using a custom rom and wifi tethering dont work, lets say Carbon 4.2.2 as example. Is there a combination of kernel and modem i can flash to make wifi tether work?

likonvampire

Sep 24, 2012
BRAMPTON
ATTN Anyone in the Brampton/Caledon, ON areas. Which modem do you find works best for you? My signal quality is always in the yellow while in Brampton. I haven't tinkered with flashing different modems yet and am currently using the one that comes with the official JB release from Rogers (see sig).

I use the LK4 modem and it works pretty good , even at the Rogers Brampton campus :cool:

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Cutlass5268

Jun 11, 2011
Red Deer
caller id

Anyone tell me which modem works the best with caller I'd on Rogers? I've tried a few and they all seem to work most of the time, but still put out jibberish 25% of the time. I'm running Synergy ROM.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Just wanted u guys know, that the ATT=d2att and Canada(claro)=d2can is the same phone.. just used the new build, all I did for ATT is just changed a few things on the build prop.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=3426

my roms I currently been using.. Stock with just a few little changes.. u can use either one. I made the ATT more like the ATT version.. changing boot up screen and shutdown screen, removed boot sound and stuff like that. didn't add all the bloat stuff..

ur baseband will not change, stays on whatever ur currently on.

mymusicathome

Dec 4, 2011
Just curious if their is a quick fix for getting the 747M based touchwiz rom dialer for at&t/multi carrier touchwiz roms ? The only difference I really notice is the dialer and network icons between the bases (besides the bloat) . I don't use visual voice mail and prefer the sms button instead. Thought about porting a rom to the 747M base but a little above my expertise.

I ask because I was able to find something like that with my last phone (gs2 lte aka skyrocket)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

mastodonOoO

Dec 18, 2012
edmonton
This might have been asked before, but is there an a certain method to flash roms on a rogers phone? I went the cwm way and ended up bricking my phone...pretty awsome. Also do I have to unlock my bootloader? Seems like the 747 does not require a bootloader unlocked.

Anyone tell me which modem works the best with caller I'd on Rogers? I've tried a few and they all seem to work most of the time, but still put out jibberish 25% of the time. I'm running Synergy ROM.

Caller ID has nothing to do with the modem it's the rom. A lot of roms don't support it as they are based on American provider roms that don't offer caller id.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

This might have been asked before, but is there an a certain method to flash roms on a rogers phone? I went the cwm way and ended up bricking my phone...pretty awsome. Also do I have to unlock my bootloader? Seems like the 747 does not require a bootloader unlocked.

I personally prefer twrp but I've used both without issues. If you've bricked your phone it's likely you've flashed the wrong rom on it. I'm pretty sure you have to unlock your bootloader.

mymusicathome

Dec 4, 2011

Noticed that issue on AOKP 4.2.2 with the I747MVLDLK4 modem. Switched to the I747MVLLH1 modem and evening is fine.

flexfulton

May 17, 2012
Ottawa
Noticed that issue on AOKP 4.2.2 with the I747MVLDLK4 modem. Switched to the I747MVLLH1 modem and evening is fine.

As posted in the CM10.1 thread. This is what I have found works for Call Display and what doesn't. I am in Ottawa on the Rogers network running CM10.1 Latest Nightlies.

I've tried all of the 'M' modems to see which ones work for call display and this is what I found.

Working Call Display
VLLH1
LALH1
LJ1
LE8

Call Display Garbled
LK3
LK4
LL1

So it looks like the last 3 modems released have had this problem while the first 4 releases were all okay.

I can't say for sure which ones will work for you but what I've listed above is a good start..

Cheers and good luck.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Caller ID has nothing to do with the modem it's the rom. A lot of roms don't support it as they are based on American provider roms that don't offer caller id.

I disagree with you on this one. I am able to get my call display working based on what baseband I am using.

As posted in the CM10.1 thread. This is what I have found works for Call Display and what doesn't. I am in Ottawa on the Rogers network running CM10.1 Latest Nightlies.

I've tried all of the 'M' modems to see which ones work for call display and this is what I found.

Working Call Display
VLLH1
LALH1
LJ1
LE8

Call Display Garbled
LK3
LK4
LL1

So it looks like the last 3 modems released have had this problem while the first 4 releases were all okay.

I can't say for sure which ones will work for you but what I've listed above is a good start..

Cheers and good luck.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

I disagree with you on this one. I am able to get my call display working based on what baseband I am using.

I'm not calling you a liar but I flashed LLH1 and still no caller I.D since my rom (devil's reject) does not support it. I've had that conversation with Enewman17 and he said that his rom was based on the sprint version and they don't have caller iq cm10 and AOKP however do support caller iq. So without a rom that supports it regardless of the modem it won’t work.

flexfulton

May 17, 2012
Ottawa
I'm not calling you a liar but I flashed LLH1 and still no caller I.D since my rom (devil's reject) does not support it. I've had that conversation with Enewman17 and he said that his rom was based on the sprint version and they don't have caller iq cm10 and AOKP however do support caller iq. So without a rom that supports it regardless of the modem it won’t work.

Fair enough so we are both right in some respects.

Modem does have an affect on call display but as you say, if you don't have a Rom that supports it, it won't work no matter what.

darklord74

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver
Are Rogers and Fido stock roms the same? I rarely see Fido mentioned in the forums.

If I plan on using an unlocked Fido phone on the Rogers network will I get OTA updates if I flash the stock Rogers ROM with CWM recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow Canadian GSIII owners: please see below and note which forum you should be looking in for ROMs for your devices:

AT&T forum: SGH-I747 (AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus and SaskTel)
    T-Mobile forum: SGH-T999 (T-Mobile, Wind, Mobilicity and Videotron)
    Sprint forum: SPH-L710 (Sprint only)
    Verizon forum: SGH-I535 (Verizon only)

Developers, please put carrier support in the title of your threads. Thank you!

---------------------------------------

Hello XDA,

Can we please get an android development forum for Rogers, Bell, Telus and Wind? Rogers/Bell/Telus phones are SGH-I747M and the Wind version is the SGH-T999, but they all have different basebands and stock ROMs. Trying to put Canadian threads in AT&T and Sprint forums will result in a big mess.

Alternatively, instead of separating by carrier, separate by model number. Keep all the I747 development threads in one forum and T999 threads in another. Then people can put the carrier into the title of the post.

Just something to think about.

Thanks!
    if it helps you I have a Sasktel I747m and have had no issues flashing Task and Ktoonzes AOKP JB versions so far. I did notice that the about device showed my device as an i747 after flashing.
    I agree. But AFAIK, the Wind/Mobilicity/Videotron S3 is the same as T-Mobile's, not Sprint's.

Indeed it is. I stand corrected.
    CRdroid O/S works good on my old Samsung Galaxy S3 i747

What a bunch of crazy head banging chit. I have a Canadian Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-1747M BMC-I747MVLUFOB3 Bell KitKat 4.4.2.
    All settings and directions do not work with my Sgs3. In service I have diff settings like the old way to unlock, no NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ....... when i Type *#7284# no usb i have modem or pda. Tons of other settings also. My partitions are diff. Most programs for 1747m are diff and don't have right firmware or files for mine. So I search them out online. Almost all sites don't care about it. Tried many. Directions on How To's are diff. Most just say same as ATT's from USA but thats a great way to brick cause settings. files needed, and directions are diff . So I tried to do stuff buy way of apks to unlock or whatever. None works. Only a few like kingroot. None of the unlocks. Even many of the paid unlock sites to get my nck code can't. Xda trys the hardest but even here we are told use Att. After many many hours im told stuff like its because of knox or some other reason. If we had a forum for Canadian threads at least we would be able to save a lot of cells and a lot of grief n headaches. As for me I'm quitting on working on Canadian cells n stuff without better help. I'm retired with small pension but will just pay for everything like unlocking and no more trying to learn roms n stuff. Playing with phone is out. Besides most software thats needed now is all by way of buying anyway. Getting as bad as Corporations are.

I realize this is an old thread. But maybe there are others who still tinker around with this old (circa 2012) Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
    While I am a newbie, I have enjoyed flashing Custom ROM's , from CyanogenMod, thru various versions of Lineage, and now CRdroid.
    Totally free of Google; no Google Play Store, no Google Pay, no Google Framework, no Gapps, no Google spyware, no Google bloatware, no Google tracking etc.
    I download all my apps as APK's which are readily available on the Net ( Google them . . . just kidding! ).
    My older Samsung S3 i747 was a 'd2att' originally locked to Rogers, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Then switched over to MTS (Manitoba Telephone System). Now running on Bell Canada. My replacement is also a Samsung S3 i747, originally running T-Mobile in Arizona, now running on Bell Canada.
    Damn fine phones.
    As a SaskTel customer coming from the international i9000, these forums are very confusing and not very organized. I would definitely support more organization.