[Q] Tmobile D801 will not boot FIXED

Search This thread

zaft1

May 10, 2008
Just switched over to Tmobile from Sprint and before even signing into google i went ahead and tried to root my phone. Rooting was a success. Used Flashify to flash twrp recovery. Downloaded rooted stock D80110G rom and began debloating it (like I did with the Sprint version) and then booted to recovery, wiped twice, flashed and reboot. Well, now it will just keep rebooting back to recovery and thats it!

I still have access to download mode
still have access to custom recovery
Did not do a nand backup unfortunately
cant mount in twrp because computer no longer recognizes phone!
shows up under unknown devices as LG D801

Tried the stock recovery using LG Flash tool posted in generals but ran into the "can not update because of your device policy" or something like that. Reinstalled and tried it again many times, even switching languages and countries (the last step)
Tried using the ubuntu method posted by partager.info but even ubuntu does not recognize the device. Matter of fact nothing even happens when i plug the phone in.
Tried reinstalling drivers, tried on 2 different laptops (one windows 8.1, one windows 7, and an ubuntu usb boot) and my desktop computer (windows 8.1) and am just unable to mount using twrp because none of them recognizes it!
tried using the adb sideload but twrp just stays trying to load adb sideload forever and adb terminal cant even find the connected usb device.
Tried factory reset but that just takes me to twrp.

I've redownloaded the rooted stock rom and left everything as is. I'm assuming I just need to get it onto the phone somehow so I can flash it.
I have an otg cable but not quite sure how to work it wit twrp or if that's even an option; I've just purchased it.

I feel like I've exhausted my options. Anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Should've just used Titanium to debloat instead of trying to do a fresh install! I know I know

Figured it out! not sure how to delete this thread now

Last edited:

mnb91

Mar 17, 2014
Just switched over to Tmobile from Sprint and before even signing into google i went ahead and tried to root my phone. Rooting was a success. Used Flashify to flash twrp recovery. Downloaded rooted stock D80110G rom and began debloating it (like I did with the Sprint version) and then booted to recovery, wiped twice, flashed and reboot. Well, now it will just keep rebooting back to recovery and thats it!

I still have access to download mode
still have access to custom recovery
Did not do a nand backup unfortunately
cant mount in twrp because computer no longer recognizes phone!
shows up under unknown devices as LG D801

Tried the stock recovery using LG Flash tool posted in generals but ran into the "can not update because of your device policy" or something like that. Reinstalled and tried it again many times, even switching languages and countries (the last step)
Tried using the ubuntu method posted by partager.info but even ubuntu does not recognize the device. Matter of fact nothing even happens when i plug the phone in.
Tried reinstalling drivers, tried on 2 different laptops (one windows 8.1, one windows 7, and an ubuntu usb boot) and my desktop computer (windows 8.1) and am just unable to mount using twrp because none of them recognizes it!
tried using the adb sideload but twrp just stays trying to load adb sideload forever and adb terminal cant even find the connected usb device.
Tried factory reset but that just takes me to twrp.

I've redownloaded the rooted stock rom and left everything as is. I'm assuming I just need to get it onto the phone somehow so I can flash it.
I have an otg cable but not quite sure how to work it wit twrp or if that's even an option; I've just purchased it.

I feel like I've exhausted my options. Anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Should've just used Titanium to debloat instead of trying to do a fresh install! I know I know

Figured it out! not sure how to delete this thread now

Hi, I have the exact same problem as you. Did you end up using otg? how did you finally end up getting a rom in your device and flashing it? I sent you a pm hope fully you see it. please respond im desperate!

zaft1

May 10, 2008
Hi, I have the exact same problem as you. Did you end up using otg? how did you finally end up getting a rom in your device and flashing it? I sent you a pm hope fully you see it. please respond im desperate!

Hey sorry, I haven't been on the site for a couple days.
I used the flashtool to go back to stock. Had to enter download mode and work from there. The big issue I was having was a driver issue. Uninstalled every driver related to android and then reinstalled after a restart and that did the trick. For some reason android phones are giving me a lot of driver issues on windows 8.1

follow these steps here but make sure you read a chunk of the thread as the steps in the main post are not complete
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476