Nexus 7 charges only when battery is flat!

Search This thread

jx tan

Jul 10, 2012
I am having problem charging my n7 while it is on or off. It only start charging when it auto shut off because battery is flat. My PC is unable to detect the usb connection too. Anyone could advise me what is the cause and the rectification?

I bought the n7 from amazon and asus doesnt offer international warranty to my country, furthermore it is rooted and i cant lock back the bootloader as my pc cant detect the device.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I am having problem charging my n7 while it is on or off. It only start charging when it auto shut off because battery is flat. My PC is unable to detect the usb connection too. Anyone could advise me what is the cause and the rectification?

I bought the n7 from amazon and asus doesnt offer international warranty to my country, furthermore it is rooted and i cant lock back the bootloader as my pc cant detect the device.

I would try a different micro USB cord. Any micro will do. Due to the fact your having troubles with both charging and PC recognition it will, most likely, be a bad cord or a problem with the USB port/pcb. You can get a magnifying glass and check the soldier joints. It's possible one is bad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app