Even HTC fell for the "leak" of a 16MP camera...

Search This thread

tom1226

Jun 25, 2013
Winchester, VA
I just took this screenshot off of the order page for the Verizon M8 on HTC's website. Found it pretty funny considering the "leak" hinting to it from TENAA.

I picked up the phone this morning, and the camera is one of my few complaints. Perfectly usable if you're not cropping or zooming, but falls apart quickly due to resolution. I love the super fast focus and shoot though...so I'll just be adjusting my photo taking technique I guess. Really wish they had given at least an 8mp sensor with larger pixels to preserve resolution when zooming in, but oh well.

tom1226

Jun 25, 2013
Winchester, VA
Also, I just went through and it appears that this typo is only on the Verizon variant's checkout page. Since I'm stuck with Big Red for now, I'd have loved for this to be an "exclusive".

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
I believe the Asian variant has a 16MP camera but even that could have been speculation/rumors too.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

definiteform

Jun 16, 2012
Singapore
I believe the Asian variant has a 16MP camera but even that could have been speculation/rumors too.

I preordered the Asian variant, I'll post in this thread when it arrives. It does have a faster tuned 801 and applicable LTE bands to fit every country in the region, but unknown on the camera front.

I'll post here when i get it.

Reactions: tom1226

globalgpj

Aug 26, 2006
Australia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I preordered the Asian variant, I'll post in this thread when it arrives. It does have a faster tuned 801 and applicable LTE bands to fit every country in the region, but unknown on the camera front.

Can you post a link to where you purchased it from? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ChaoVizua

Oct 7, 2011
I just took this screenshot[/URL] off of the order page for the Verizon M8 on HTC's website. Found it pretty funny considering the "leak" hinting to it from TENAA.

I picked up the phone this morning, and the camera is one of my few complaints. Perfectly usable if you're not cropping or zooming, but falls apart quickly due to resolution. I love the super fast focus and shoot though...so I'll just be adjusting my photo taking technique I guess. Really wish they had given at least an 8mp sensor with larger pixels to preserve resolution when zooming in, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

The issue wasn't HTC here. Best Buy actually hosted and handled the online ordering for the carrier versions. That's why there's a misprint. Best Buy as usual not being as accurate on their specs as they should be.

Reactions: zounduser
R

richii0207

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/charts/resolutionChartPopup.html

Resolution of a 4 mp image is 2240x1680. People overblow this issue like crazy. My 600$ canon only has a 10.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Can't argue with this. There's really no need for 16 megapixels on a phone. Unless you want to print poster sized photo prints. 4 megapixels is more than enough for a quality 8X10 print. If the photo isn't clear or has a lot of noise when viewing it on your computer, it's more likely due to the quality of the lens. I've also got a Cannon 10 megapixel DSLR. Cheap lenses versus quality lenses on it can make a huge difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Resolution of a 4 mp image is 2240x1680. People overblow this issue like crazy. My 600$ canon only has a 10.

Can't argue with this. There's really no need for 16 megapixels on a phone. Unless you want to print poster sized photo prints. 4 megapixels is more than enough for a quality 8X10 print. If the photo isn't clear or has a lot of noise when viewing it on your computer, it's more likely due to the quality of the lens. I've also got a Cannon 10 megapixel DSLR. Cheap lenses versus quality lenses on it can make a huge difference.

I just took this screenshot[/URL] off of the order page for the Verizon M8 on HTC's website. Found it pretty funny considering the "leak" hinting to it from TENAA.

I picked up the phone this morning, and the camera is one of my few complaints. Perfectly usable if you're not cropping or zooming, but falls apart quickly due to resolution. I love the super fast focus and shoot though...so I'll just be adjusting my photo taking technique I guess. Really wish they had given at least an 8mp sensor with larger pixels to preserve resolution when zooming in, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

The issue wasn't HTC here. Best Buy actually hosted and handled the online ordering for the carrier versions. That's why there's a misprint. Best Buy as usual not being as accurate on their specs as they should be.