RCA tablet fully bricked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This thread

pooter82

Mar 6, 2015
solution to bricked rca 7"

Please help i accidentally bricked my RCA rct6378w2 7-inch tablet to the point where it wont boot up or boot to recovery... it just flickers once when i press a button for longer then 3 seconds and i also cannot connect it via usb as i am unable to boot it to recovery.... please help me ... my father got this for me for Christmas and i don't want to let him down. thank you in advance:crying:

unbrick option :D

Attachments

• 1.0.3.zip
    228 KB · Views: 610

pooter82

Mar 6, 2015
solution to bricked rca 7"

Please help i accidentally bricked my RCA rct6378w2 7-inch tablet to the point where it wont boot up or boot to recovery... it just flickers once when i press a button for longer then 3 seconds and i also cannot connect it via usb as i am unable to boot it to recovery.... please help me ... my father got this for me for Christmas and i don't want to let him down. thank you in advance:crying:

enjoy this solution my friend! put on sd card and reboot recovery and install then play on ur tablet, hold power and volume up for 3 seconds then let power button go and keep ur finger on volume up and it should load into recovery

Attachments

• 1.0.3.zip
    228 KB · Views: 452

truetech000

Mar 22, 2016
I have a tablet my mom wanted me to root for her but kingo root did not work and now I turn it on and only dog logo no recovery and hard shutdown no work but does show blue battery charge screen when n plugged in

dedeebabi101

Jun 3, 2012
ROM for RCT6303W87 Tablet???

Does anyone have a ROM for the RCT6303W87 Tablet? I attempted to root my tablet but it failed. When I downloaded SuperSu-Me to delete the KingRoot it didn't work and SuperSu wouldn't update and then after that I turned off the tablet and it won't even start up properly. It's just stuck on the Viking Pro screen and I can't access anything.

I pressed the Power button and volume up and attempted to wipe the cache and reset the tablet to it's factory settings but it is still stuck on the Viking Pro screen.

James101

Jan 4, 2013
Does anyone have a ROM for the RCT6303W87 Tablet? I attempted to root my tablet but it failed. When I downloaded SuperSu-Me to delete the KingRoot it didn't work and SuperSu wouldn't update and then after that I turned off the tablet and it won't even start up properly. It's just stuck on the Viking Pro screen and I can't access anything.

I pressed the Power button and volume up and attempted to wipe the cache and reset the tablet to it's factory settings but it is still stuck on the Viking Pro screen.
You should have came here first! I reported that supersu-me bricks these tablets!
http://xdaforums.com/android/general/firmware-rca-viking-pro-rct6303w87dk-t3325158

Last edited:

Acheron_Wolf

Apr 5, 2017
I don't know if anyone still reads these threads and I have tried narrowing down my search results but I could use some help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    please help guys im new to rooting tablets but give me linux and im your man....:confused:
    rca 7" tablet bricked and can't find firmware download?

this is my first on xda site so here go's......i assume most know by now if you landed here, there is little about the rca tablet. custom roms and stuff like that. so i will just say a semi short explanation on my rca trials and errors.....

first i rooted it with a computer running windows 7 or 8, using kingoo root. not the apk but the .exe, which you can download from their site just google kingoo root and should come up as first one.

now onto the brick portion of the rca, if you see only the rca logo and it don't do anything then it's a soft boot, easily fixable just reboot into recovery cause for some reason it takes two reset or restart to go into the actual tablet with programs n stuff.....

now if it turns on and shows the rca logo then go's black and you can seee it's on but after waiting for 5 minutes or even 2 and it hasn't turned on then it is hard bricked (meaning nothing loads or works and your holding your penis in your hand......

to fix this issue for the rca 7" black friday cheap ass tablet, rct625w you know which i mean, just install the zip file onto your extern sd card as you would the official update for any droid tab, i should also point out just put it in the general area of your card like putting a file in the c: drive of ur comp like an image or doc....
    now what your going to do is reboot into recovery and select install update from sd, once in there you should see the file i posted below show up as a zip, click it and wait for verification and install then reboot and if brought back to recovery just reset again and voila it should give you a rca 7" tablet working with all the bells and whistles that usually come with this **** ass black friday sale for 39 and change!

p.s. my wife payed 95 for it before we knew they were only 50 bucks in walmart canada :D

i have bricked this tablet 6 times trying new ways to install a cmpletely diff os like a samsung or an archos or whatever isn't an rca **** box.....