Create you own custom ROM for i5800

Search This thread

EdisDee

Dec 18, 2010
ok, almost everything matches except where can get the "RomBasics.zip" from the tutorial for my i5800?

HSaber

May 17, 2009
Cairo
Here is the RomBasics.zip for I-5800 this is based on I5800XXJK1 rom "Eclair 2.1"

uploaded to many sites

the download link in the attached text file

Use it at your own risk I won't be hold responsible if you break, damage your phone

Attachments

• rombasics.txt
    37 bytes · Views: 409
Reactions: Techie87

Techie87

Jul 28, 2008
Here is the RomBasics.zip for I-5800 this is based on I5800XXJK1 rom "Eclair 2.1"

uploaded to many sites

Use it at your own risk I won't be hold responsible if you break, damage your phone

Great ! Many thanks for this! :D

masterg0g0

May 4, 2010
so when the kitchen is ready.. we are good to build roms? how do we port the .32 kernel here and replace this ? will it work if u just replace the zimage? .. i also heard somewhere that playing with the kernel doesnt brik the fon ?

precurse

Aug 26, 2010
so when the kitchen is ready.. we are good to build roms? how do we port the .32 kernel here and replace this ? will it work if u just replace the zimage? .. i also heard somewhere that playing with the kernel doesnt brik the fon ?

It can soft brick the phone.. Meaning the phone may not boot past the i5800(i) screen. If you see that screen, it means that you can't get past the Second Boot Loader (Sbl.bin). Reflashing with a good zImage should fix that problem.

That screen usually means there's an issue with the way the kernel was flashed, or the kernel/initramfs (both are contained in the zImage).

Reactions: kyrillos13

masterg0g0

May 4, 2010
It can soft brick the phone.. Meaning the phone may not boot past the i5800(i) screen. If you see that screen, it means that you can't get past the Second Boot Loader (Sbl.bin). Reflashing with a good zImage should fix that problem.

That screen usually means there's an issue with the way the kernel was flashed, or the kernel/initramfs (both are contained in the zImage).
Cool.. i will try to cook my self a rom.. removing and adding what i want ... so i understand that the file inrombasic.zip is eclair ? i cud have done some real developing but my work takes away some time.. so i can only try to cook some rom at d moment.. Happy new yr :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

uploaded to many sites