[UNOFFICIAL]CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds for D2VZW GSIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NegativeOne

Jul 21, 2010
Ah ha! This got me to look in a different place for this. Looking at /system/etc/audio_policy.conf in the latest builds is missing an entry for a2dp. See the sections below from the 0122 and the 0218. I'll see about re-flashing the 0218 and modifying the conf file to see if it resolves the issue. Since this is a sync from CM I suppose I'll need to go over there to post the bug.

Code:
audio_hw_modules {
  primary {
    outputs {
      primary {
        sampling_rates 44100
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_PROXY|
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY
      }
      hdmi {
        sampling_rates 44100|48000
        channel_masks dynamic
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT
      }
    }
    inputs {
      primary {
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_STEREO||AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_VOICE_CALL_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_VOICE_DNLINK_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_VOICE_UPLINK_MONO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_WB
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BUILTIN_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BLUETOOTH_SCO_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_VOICE_CALL|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BACK_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_PROXY
      }
      voip_tx {
        sampling_rates 8000|16000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_NB|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_WB|AUDIO_FORMAT_QCELP|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRC|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRCB|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRCWB
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_COMMUNICATION
      }
    }
  }
  a2dp {
    outputs {
      a2dp {
        sampling_rates 44100
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP
      }
    }
  }

usb {
    outputs {
      usb_accessory {
        sampling_rates 44100
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_ACCESSORY
      }
      usb_device {
        sampling_rates 44100
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_DEVICE
      }
    }
  }
  r_submix {
    outputs {
      submix {
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_REMOTE_SUBMIX
      }
    }
    inputs {
      submix {
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_STEREO
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_REMOTE_SUBMIX
      }
    }
  }

}
Code:
audio_hw_modules {
  primary {
    outputs {
      primary {
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_PROXY|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_DGTL_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_USB
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY
      }
      lpa {
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|12000|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_PROXY|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_USB
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_LPA
      }
      voip_rx {
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_NB|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_WB|AUDIO_FORMAT_QCELP|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRC|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRCB|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRCWB
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_USB
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_VOIP_RX
      }
      tunnel {
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|12000|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_MP3|AUDIO_FORMAT_AAC|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_WB|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_WB_PLUS
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_PROXY|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_USB
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT|AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_TUNNEL
      }
      #fast {
      #  sampling_rates 8000|11025|12000|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000
      #  channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
      #  formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
      #  devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_USB
      #  flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_FAST
      #}
      hdmi {
        channel_masks dynamic
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT
      }
    }
    inputs {
      primary {
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_STEREO||AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_VOICE_CALL_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_VOICE_DNLINK_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_VOICE_UPLINK_MONO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_WB
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BUILTIN_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BLUETOOTH_SCO_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_VOICE_CALL|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BACK_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_PROXY
      }
      voip_tx {
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_COMMUNICATION
      }
    }
  }
  r_submix {
    outputs {
      submix {
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_REMOTE_SUBMIX
      }
    }
    inputs {
      submix {
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_STEREO
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_REMOTE_SUBMIX
      }
    }
  }

}
I'll check back once I've had a chance to re-flash and test.

I don't know if that's the end-all here. it would be interesting to see how the config is used. I remember they had at one point hardcoded the 44100 rate, so maybe this is an override- but then I'm not sure what about this config would cause it to "sort of" work. Interested in seeing your findings though.

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
Hmmm.. After flashing the latest build, there is no menu to pick what kind of reboot (system, recovery, download) anymore.
Anyone else experiecing this?

mastamoon

Sep 17, 2010
Central NJ
I don't know if that's the end-all here. it would be interesting to see how the config is used. I remember they had at one point hardcoded the 44100 rate, so maybe this is an override- but then I'm not sure what about this config would cause it to "sort of" work. Interested in seeing your findings though.

I believe one is from the a2dp audio revert builds I was doing. It's part of the fix. Putting this in alone will probably break audio in some way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

funkymonk101

Dec 7, 2010
NYC
Thanks so much mastamoon! Finally, a build of CM 10.1 with fully working bluetooth A2DP! Have only tested for about 10 minutes, but all of the obvious problems from other 10.1 builds (garbled/static audio, no audio) and the problems from the 10.0 build (lack of bass, low volume, random disconnects or not connecting) seem to be fixed here (running the 20130220 nightly). I actually didn't realize just how bad the bass/volume on 10.0 were until I installed this build.

I will keep running this as my daily driver and report back if any BT problems pop up. I use a variety of bluetooth devices (2 pairs of headphones, mic headset, pebble, car stereo, heart rate monitor), so if there are any bluetooth problems, I will probably encounter them.

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
It's a known problem with CM 10.1 hard buttons get repeat-y after a while. If you try some of the other ones you'll notice a single press on the menu will act like you're holding it down too. The only fix I know of is to reboot though in my experience it sometimes goes away on its own; but you want to reboot anyway - I can tell.

Incidentally invisiblek I think said that it was possible that it would be fixed when the new 3.4 kernel is used, which I think will be pretty soon since he did release a version that works on earlier builds but is broken on later builds (I think anything past 2/15). So hopefully it'll be gone soon.

Edit: to clarify, he said the reason no one was looking into it was because it was a kernel bug which might go away with the new kernel, not that they were specifically fixing it in the new version IIRC.

ViperRacer

Nov 17, 2010
Lewisville, TX

It didn't seem to change any thing by itself. I was still getting the same results (choppy/static/slow). I even tried a full swap of the newer file for the older file and it broke all a2dp audio resulting in no sound via BT. So I'll fall back to my baseline and keep digging.

minnysota

Jul 15, 2011
I'm curious to know what kernel everyone is running with this.

After reading the LeanKernel thread, it appears that it's locking out at 1134 mhz (rather than 1500) on 4.2.2 ROMs using InteractiveX. Has anyone tried LK on Masta's latest build, or is everyone staying on the stock CM kernel?

Thanks in advance for any info. And thanks for another great build, Masta.

goldsmitht

Mar 5, 2011
Baltimore
I'm curious to know what kernel everyone is running with this.

After reading the LeanKernel thread, it appears that it's locking out at 1134 mhz (rather than 1500) on 4.2.2 ROMs using InteractiveX. Has anyone tried LK on Masta's latest build, or is everyone staying on the stock CM kernel?

Thanks in advance for any info. And thanks for another great build, Masta.

Using KT747, and everything's working great! Maxes out at cover 2100

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

M Diddy

Dec 23, 2010
Is the reboot menu not functioning properly for anyone else?

Did a clean install, and when I select reboot from the menu, I don't get the choice to go into recovery. It just reboots the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts