[Q] Unrooting t310?

Search This thread

that_guy20

Jan 3, 2014
Hi there. Basically I have rooted the tab I have, t310, and ive now realised that the screen is loose in one corner and it needs unrooting if this is a fault worth getting a replacement from my place of purchase.

I rooted using a guide which gave me a screwy recovery so I changed to philz. I am rooted with supersu. I was winderinf about flashing the official firmware. However, the samsung firmware site download links for official firmware are duds.

There is an unroot option in supersu but I'm guessing that won't get rid of the philz recovery. What can I do? Any help is very much appreciated.

that_guy20

Jan 3, 2014
thank you very much. If there is anybody who could possibly take a small amount of time to tell me how I go about getting my tab back to how it was at purchase, I would be so so grateful.

Basically all I have to do is unroot and get rid of this philz recovery.

Last edited:

that_guy20

Jan 3, 2014
Here 'ya go:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471516

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk iOS 2.5.0 Beta

Thank you. All though, I can't seem to find the UK version of the firmware. Closest I can get is EUR. I believe the UK one is called BTU?

If anyone knows how or where to find it please let me know. Thanks :)

UPDATE:

http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/inde...ab-3-8.0-firmwares&catid=55:samsung&Itemid=82

This is gonna help a few people looking for UK stock. So now I've got access to the files.. How do I use Odin to restore my phone back to normal? My apologies if this is a big request but thanks very much in advance.

Last edited:

that_guy20

Jan 3, 2014
Quick question - I noticed that this is the stock rom - I think I already have stock ROM... I just need to unroot and get rid of Philz recovery. Will this method do that? Or do I need an entirely separate file?

dcharleyultra

Dec 7, 2010
Northern VA
This method will do that.

However, you may also first try using the unroot feature of SuperSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk iOS 2.5.0 Beta

that_guy20

Jan 3, 2014
Before I do that, I've also wondered about the flash counter. Now I haven't flashed roms but does the recovery and root count as a flash? I have no triangle at boot - and when I use triangleaway it says my device is not supported, which renders me unable to find out if its flashed (i'm hoping not as i do not have the warning sign at startup) but does that mean that I can't get my warranty back even if it was unrooted and such?

dave106

Dec 22, 2005
Before I do that, I've also wondered about the flash counter. Now I haven't flashed roms but does the recovery and root count as a flash? I have no triangle at boot - and when I use triangleaway it says my device is not supported, which renders me unable to find out if its flashed (i'm hoping not as i do not have the warning sign at startup) but does that mean that I can't get my warranty back even if it was unrooted and such?

As with all recent Samsung devices it's likely that there is a hidden counter that increases when you flash anything else BUT Official Samsung ROMs. You will have already increased the counter flashing a different recovery. As Triangle Away doesn't support the T310 as well as lack of developer support you won't be able to reset this counter at present.

Just hope they don't check the counter when you send it back for warranty repair.

Sent from my GT-I9500